Author Topic: Some speculating - What would you do if your 3-yr-old had a fatal accident while on holiday abroad?  (Read 19487 times)

AnneGuedes

I think Lace means it would have  been easier to "discover" Madeleine in the dead of night, serendipitylike, than to fake she had disappeared whereas Mr McCann had to hurry for crossing the Smiths on time.

stephen25000

The man Jane Tanner saw carried the child in out stretched arms,  now why carry a child like that?
Both men were wearing a jacket.
Well if the man was holidaying there,  someone would recognise who they were surely!!   especially if this person had picked their child up from the creche.
The reward was for the person who led them to Madeleine Stephen.
Unfortunately Madeleine was said to be dead by Amaral and so a lot of sightings were probably not reported.

Now get into the real world.

This case has had worldwide publicity.

The result..........

NOT ONE TRACE OF MADELEINE.

Again the sightings contradict each other and an abductor would not want to advertise their presence.

Offline Lace

Now get into the real world.

This case has had worldwide publicity.

The result..........

NOT ONE TRACE OF MADELEINE.

Again the sightings contradict each other and an abductor would not want to advertise their presence.

That still doesn't mean she wasn't abducted Stephen.

Offline Lace

The Smith sighting ?

I was giving a possible scenerio faith,  asking why if the McCann's found Madeleine dead, if fearing for their jobs, they had to hide the body.

Of course I don't believe that they did hide the body,  she was abducted.

Offline Lace

I think Lace means it would have  been easier to "discover" Madeleine in the dead of night, serendipitylike, than to fake she had disappeared whereas Mr McCann had to hurry for crossing the Smiths on time.

The heading of this thread is 'Some speculating- What would you do if your 3 yr-old had a fatal accident while on holiday'

Speculating,  Anne.     

It does in no means mean I believe that is what happened,  my belief is that Madeleine was abducted.

AnneGuedes

The heading of this thread is 'Some speculating- What would you do if your 3 yr-old had a fatal accident while on holiday'

Speculating,  Anne.     

It does in no means mean I believe that is what happened,  my belief is that Madeleine was abducted.
Of course, I had no doubt !
I don't think career was at stake, but life as it was, or the closest to what it was.

icabodcrane

This was the theory offered by the Portuguese police who undertook the initial investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  It was their belief that Madeleine met some sort of an accident in her holiday apartment and for whatever reason the parents panicked and covered it up with a story of abduction.

There is no proof however that this ever occurred, it is purely a theory, a speculation.

I will address the thread title itself,  rather than the dismissive post that follows

"What would you do if your 3-yr-old had a fatal accident while on holiday abroad   ?"

It really does depend on  of whom you ask the question   

If you were  asking it of me,  and my ordinary, regular, family,   (  there  is no-one of importance who's phone number is in our  book  )   then I would answer,  honestly  ...  I don't know ... I think back to when our kids were  that age  (  although,   in truth,  they were never  left in those  circumstances )  and   I cannot imagine the horror of a  'fatal accident'  occuring ...  on holiday,  or anywhere  else   ( it's just too unthinkable  ) 

But you have put the unthinkable  'out there'  now  ...  and we must adress it

Not as  'ourselves'    ...  because the question is not one we have to anwser,  is it ?  Rather,  we have to put ourselves in the McCann's position in order to answer this question,  from their  perspective

So, the  REAL  question is not what   'WE'  would do,  but,  rather,  what we think the McCanns may have  done on discovering that their 3-yr old had suffered a fatal accident

That is the question here,  surely ?   

Offline Chinagirl

The title of this thread is "What would you do if your 3-yr old had a fatal accident while on holiday?"

Nothing to do with the McCanns, Madeleine's fate, or the SY or PT investigation.

A

Offline John

The title of this thread is "What would you do if your 3-yr old had a fatal accident while on holiday?"

Nothing to do with the McCanns, Madeleine's fate, or the SY or PT investigation.

The off topic posts relating to Scotland Yard and any potential investigation have now been removed to a new thread. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Coincidentally, my youngest had an accident aged 3 when we were abroad and we immediately took him to the Spanish clinic where he was treated for a bump on the head.

I find it very hard to contemplate a situation whereby  the response to a tragic accident abroad would be to hide the child and fabricate an abduction rather than summon medical assistance.

Only a monster could do such a thing imo.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:07:49 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Chinagirl

Now that this thread is back on topic I can answer the question of what I would do in the event of a fatal accident befalling my child while on holiday in a foreign country.  First, I would immediately contact the management of the resort to report what I had found, and ask them to contact the relevant police department.  Second, I would contact the British embassy or consulate for help and advice.

If the child were injured, but not dead, I would still contact the resort management to request them to call for an ambulance.

The very last thing I would consider is to conceal the corpse, no matter the circumstances of the accident.

A

Offline Albertini

Coincidentally, my youngest had an accident aged 3 when we were abroad and we immediately took him to the Spanish clinic where he was treated for a bump on the head.

I find it very hard to contemplate a situation whereby  the response to a tragic accident abroad would be to hide the child and fabricate an abduction rather than summon medical assistance.

Only a monster could do such a thing imo.

I agree with you and Chinagirl about what i would do.

I can only speculate and say in the event of a child injuring themselves but being alive every right minded person would do the same.

But what if you discovered the child dead, and the child was dead because of your perceived neglect?

I would still do the same and suffer the consequences but i could imagine a scenario where some people may conclude:

"We cannot do anymore for our child, he/she is now dead, so going to prison or splitting up our family, losing our life, jobs, homes and careers and the remainder of our family does nothing to help bring the child back to life".

And against such a backdrop of stress, fear, panic  and confusion i can envisage some people taking the decision to conceal the circumstances of their child's fatal accident.

That does not mean they did not love their child, nor does it mean they could not give their child a proper and respectful place of rest.

I could not do it but i certainly feel there are people out there who could do it and justify on the basis of what i have outlined above.

Offline Benice

I agree with you and Chinagirl about what i would do.

I can only speculate and say in the event of a child injuring themselves but being alive every right minded person would do the same.

But what if you discovered the child dead, and the child was dead because of your perceived neglect?

I would still do the same and suffer the consequences but i could imagine a scenario where some people may conclude:

"We cannot do anymore for our child, he/she is now dead, so going to prison or splitting up our family, losing our life, jobs, homes and careers and the remainder of our family does nothing to help bring the child back to life".

And against such a backdrop of stress, fear, panic  and confusion i can envisage some people taking the decision to conceal the circumstances of their child's fatal accident.

That does not mean they did not love their child, nor does it mean they could not give their child a proper and respectful place of rest.

I could not do it but i certainly feel there are people out there who could do it and justify on the basis of what i have outlined above.

No normal loving parents finding their child dead would immediately start weighing up what impact this was going to have on their careers -  or on anything else in their future lives for that matter.  That would be the last thing on their minds.      They would be too consumed with grief and shock to think of anything except what had just happened.   

The idea that any normal parent would be able to look at their dead child and think - 'Oh dear -  this is going to be awkward' - (which is basically what is being suggested) is preposterous. IMO   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Albertini

No normal loving parents finding their child dead would immediately start weighing up what impact this was going to have on their careers -  or on anything else in their future lives for that matter.  That would be the last thing on their minds.      They would be too consumed with grief and shock to think of anything except what had just happened.   

The idea that any normal parent would be able to look at their dead child and think - 'Oh dear -  this is going to be awkward' - (which is basically what is being suggested) is preposterous. IMO   

That is fine and i respect your opinion. I do not share it because i think by definition what some people think normal parents "would" do does not automatically mean that all parents (or people in general) would think and do the same.

The idea of murdering someone or indeed committing any serious crime is repugnant to most normal people, but it happens every day in the Uk and around the world.

In terms of a hypothesis or a motive for concealing a body whilst the idea of the PJ's hypothesis may be repugnant to most right minded people, it is not an impossibility, far from it and should therefore, given the evidence that was uncovered during the investigation, be considered as a possibility.

'How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?'

Offline faithlilly

That is fine and i respect your opinion. I do not share it because i think by definition what some people think normal parents "would" do does not automatically mean that all parents (or people in general) would think and do the same.

That's a valid point Albertini. The supporters tell us on the one hand that normal parents wouldn't act in a certain way if they found  their child dead yet on the other hand that we can have no idea how we would act if it happened to us. They simply can't have it both ways.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?