Author Topic: Some speculating - What would you do if your 3-yr-old had a fatal accident while on holiday abroad?  (Read 19439 times)

AnneGuedes

The "career" or "ambition" motive is ludicrous (I don't think the GMC would have struck them off). What was at stake was just keeping life normal by denying painful reality, keeping life as close to what it was before, for the sake of their children and of those they loved.
To preserve their social and family image, they had to be seen as innocent victims. The shutters, broken 2500 km away, did easily the job.

Offline Benice

That is fine and i respect your opinion. I do not share it because i think by definition what some people think normal parents "would" do does not automatically mean that all parents (or people in general) would think and do the same.

The idea of murdering someone or indeed committing any serious crime is repugnant to most normal people, but it happens every day in the Uk and around the world.

In terms of a hypothesis or a motive for concealing a body whilst the idea of the PJ's hypothesis may be repugnant to most right minded people, it is not an impossibility, far from it and should therefore, given the evidence that was uncovered during the investigation, be considered as a possibility.

You did say you wouldn't be able to do it.    I take it you are speaking as a normal loving parent. 

Everything we know about the McCanns as people and parents from neighbours, relatives, friends, work colleagues, nursery staff etc etc strongly confirms that they are also normal loving parents.

Since Madeleine disappeared we also have the opinions formed of them by experts like Alan Pike, and other counsellors.    These are the people who know them - or have come to know them personally, and in six years not a soul has come forward to say anything other than they are loving parents who would never knowingly do anything to harm their children.

I would rather take the word of people who know them personally  - than the speculations of people who have never met them or spoken to them or ever seen them in a private capacity.

As normal loving parents, I do not believe they were capable of disposing of their beloved daughter's body.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

AnneGuedes

they are loving parents who would never knowingly do anything to harm their children.

Is disposing of its body harming your child ?
This is also a very restricted definition of what a loving parent is.

Redblossom

Nonsense.  Whether she died from an accident or was abducted (which is in fact what happened), no neglect was or ever will be attributed to her parents.  UK authorities confirmed this to the McCanns way back in 2007.

Gerry McCann is still practising as a consultant cardiologist, and there are no restrictions on who his patients are.
@)(++(*

Only just seen this! Remarkably funny. What position are you in to state anything like this  as FACT? not even the police authorities have gone that far! in fact both the PJ and thr LP have intimated the opposite! And SY via Redwood have said nothing of substance in this regard.

None, whatsoever,as far as I know....NO ONE apart from the Mccanns and the alledged abductor knows, not YOU, an anonymous random poster on the web

jesus wept
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:35:33 PM by Redblossom »