Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464171 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #3795 on: July 12, 2018, 10:27:45 AM »
Some people seem to believe that it's perfectly fine to leave children sleeping and go out to dine, so long as they check on those children every 30 minutes. That's a fallacy. It has always been an accepted rule that small children aren't left home alone under any circumstances.
Who said it was a rule?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3796 on: July 12, 2018, 10:32:55 AM »
Indeed G. and not only are the sweeds doing that they also leave thir children out in their prams in very cold weather to get them used to their climate. over here that would be seen as child abuse.

My mum told me that she used to make a lot of pocket money by watching other peoples babies in prams during the day or baby sitting at night! and she was only 14! no mobile phones...

All the children in our village walk 1 mile to school without parental involvement in ALL weathers... As did I and my siblings we came to no harm. I'm not sure about ina large town or city now a days though.

Who said the children were all alone?  all children go to school at the same time do they not, they have neighbouring children and class mates and friends to walk with.
So as long as there are two or more four year olds walking to school unaccompanied then no problem?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3797 on: July 12, 2018, 10:33:58 AM »
I never mentioned age, I never said my children walked to school alone, and I never said it was in a foreign country. Those are all your assumptions/inventions.

You nay recall that in the 1970's most people didn't have the option of paying others to raise their children while they went off to ;make money'. We brought our own children up and lived on one wage.

At that time children walking to school without adult supervision wasn't seen as a risk. Neither was playing out with their friends or running errands. Times and attitudes have changed, except, as I said, in respect of baby-sitting. Even back then we knew they were necessary.
Why was it not seen as a risk?  Was this before Hindley and Brady?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3798 on: July 12, 2018, 10:35:05 AM »
Some people seem to believe that it's perfectly fine to leave children sleeping and go out to dine, so long as they check on those children every 30 minutes. That's a fallacy. It has always been an accepted rule that small children aren't left home alone under any circumstances.
It’s what has happened in numerous hotels worldwide for many years, perfectly legally to the best of my knowledge.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3799 on: July 12, 2018, 10:38:04 AM »
So as long as there are two or more four year olds walking to school unaccompanied then no problem?

I don't know, is it?

you are the one trying to make comparisons of children being encouraged to enjoy freedom and responsibility along with like  minded responsible parents.  I don't imagine these same parents would ask their 4 year olds to baby sit  twin babies while they go out for a drink in a pub...

So not a real comparison is it... But good try!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3800 on: July 12, 2018, 10:47:46 AM »
Who said it was a rule?

I saw it as a rule so obvious that it never entered my head to go out and leave my children home alone. I knew no-one else who did it either. It was generally known and accepted imo.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3801 on: July 12, 2018, 10:51:52 AM »
I don't know, is it?

you are the one trying to make comparisons of children being encouraged to enjoy freedom and responsibility along with like  minded responsible parents.  I don't imagine these same parents would ask their 4 year olds to baby sit  twin babies while they go out for a drink in a pub...

So not a real comparison is it... But good try!
I babysat my 9 month old sister when only 10 myself, while my parents drove an hour away to enjoy themselves all afternoon, so who knows, eh?  But my point is that 4 year old children in Switzerland have to walk to school unaccompanied by adults to foster their spirit of independence, which IMO puts them at higher risk of wandering off, having an accident or being abducted than if the same kids were tucked up in bed asleep at home and left unattended for periods of up to 30 minutes.  No doubt you strenuously disagree!

« Reply #3802 on: July 12, 2018, 11:05:51 AM »
It’s what has happened in numerous hotels worldwide for many years, perfectly legally to the best of my knowledge.

Paedophilia is legal world wide  in some communities- does it make it right - I don't think so!

British Children aged 5 and over  removed from their homes by parents and married off to pensioners in Middle eastern countries- not legal here -but legal in other countries. close eyes- look away.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3803 on: July 12, 2018, 11:10:25 AM »
Paedophilia is legal world wide  in some communities- does it make it right - I don't think so!

British Children aged 5 and over  removed from their homes by parents and married off to pensioners in Middle eastern countries- not legal here -but legal in other countries. close eyes- look away.
WTF, are you intent on bringing your Muslim bashing to this thread as well?  How off topic can you get?

« Reply #3804 on: July 12, 2018, 11:19:01 AM »
WTF, are you intent on bringing your Muslim bashing to this thread as well?  How off topic can you get?

I am NOT Muslim bashing how dare you!   This is what these children have to continue to endure because anyone who tries to speak up on their behalf is accused of  muslim bashing. OH AND BTW it is NOT only muslims it is Christians and others!

shh lets not talk about these things eh?  as I said   look away if you don't want to know about these things!

Some supporters are happy to embrace the idea that MBM was abducted ... why would she be abducted and by whom? She is/was white child with Christian  back ground... world wide search for her costing millions! and you attack me when I mention other children are abducted from their homes to be carried off and  married off...

Love the bit about this being off topic... this being the 'wandering off topic' thread... ^*&&
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:42:13 AM by Miss Taken Identity »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3805 on: July 12, 2018, 11:37:06 AM »
Why was it not seen as a risk?  Was this before Hindley and Brady?

It was after the Moors murders and also the murders committed by Mary Bell. Those crimes shocked and horrified everyone, but they weren't seen as a sign that child-murderers were lurking around every corner. They were seen as rare and unusual crimes and the children were just unlucky to have been taken by those monsters. Other children continued to live normal lives; going to school, playing out and freely wandering around. Most of them grew up safe, well and spent many happy hours playing with their friends 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

« Reply #3806 on: July 12, 2018, 11:51:54 AM »
I babysat my 9 month old sister when only 10 myself, while my parents drove an hour away to enjoy themselves all afternoon, so who knows, eh?  But my point is that 4 year old children in Switzerland have to walk to school unaccompanied by adults to foster their spirit of independence, which IMO puts them at higher risk of wandering off, having an accident or being abducted than if the same kids were tucked up in bed asleep at home and left unattended for periods of up to 30 minutes.  No doubt you strenuously disagree!

It is not my job to dictate to parents in any country how to bring up their children- why would you think I have some responsibility by agreeing or disagreeing?

in your opinion you state 'puts them at higher risk of wandering off, having an accident or being abducted ' If you google Swiss embassy and let them know you have taken a risk assessment and are concerned about child safety and parental responsibilities, I am sure they will take your concerns on board- OR maybe not.

There is no comparison so stop trying to make one. IF the Swiss parents were leaving their children alone to go out drinking then I would condemn that behaviour. I would doubt if a child was abducted such parents would set up a company ,and go 'walk about like celebrities' and do the jogging, blogging, bragging bits.

There would be no issue with a time line either...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3807 on: July 12, 2018, 11:52:57 AM »
It was after the Moors murders and also the murders committed by Mary Bell. Those crimes shocked and horrified everyone, but they weren't seen as a sign that child-murderers were lurking around every corner. They were seen as rare and unusual crimes and the children were just unlucky to have been taken by those monsters. Other children continued to live normal lives; going to school, playing out and freely wandering around. Most of them grew up safe, well and spent many happy hours playing with their friends
What's changed then?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3808 on: July 12, 2018, 11:54:36 AM »
It is not my job to dictate to parents in any country how to bring up their children- why would you think I have some responsibility by agreeing or disagreeing?

in your opinion you state 'puts them at higher risk of wandering off, having an accident or being abducted ' If you google Swiss embassy and let them know you have taken a risk assessment and are concerned about child safety and parental responsibilities, I am sure they will take your concerns on board- OR maybe not.

There is no comparison so stop trying to make one. IF the Swiss parents were leaving their children alone to go out drinking then I would condemn that behaviour. I would doubt if a child was abducted such parents would set up a company ,and go 'walk about like celebrities' and do the jogging, blogging, bragging bits.

There would be no issue with a time line either...
I didn't expect a straight answer and my expectations were met, thank you.  ^*&&

« Reply #3809 on: July 12, 2018, 12:00:11 PM »
What's changed then?

Society! we live in a different era...
In 70's my mum said women were not allowed in pubs/bars!

Are you aware that children as young as 7 have expensive iphones!! are sexting and sending inappropriate pictures of themselves? The new sexualisation of the nation has moved on from the sleazy sun page three days!