Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1480199 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #5850 on: June 28, 2019, 10:46:43 PM »
Chance the cadaver dog also alerted at the camp ground June 2016.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/07/private-investigator-issues-lengthy-report-deorr-kunz-case/
So how many times are these dogs going to alert before anyone gets round to finding something?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5851 on: June 28, 2019, 11:22:08 PM »
They detect remnant scent where a body was but no longer is. They will probably dig at the alert spot locations. They have closed it this weekend for 3 days investigation work.

Marshburn said one of his dogs went to the water and all of a sudden dashed to a spot in the water.

"Our oldest dog, Caz, the way he alerts, he lays down.  He just lays down on the spot.  Now it can be a foot over, a foot here, or a foot in front, but he lays on the strongest scent, or at it," said Marshburn.

Marshburn said the Sheriff's office brought another dog the next day. It also hit on the same spot.

https://www.localnews8.com/news/cadaver-dogs-smell-scent-in-area-where-deorr-kunz-disappeared/1089957013
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:30:09 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5852 on: June 29, 2019, 12:50:03 AM »
So one set of cadaver dogs is wrong, which set?  The 2015 ones or the 2019 ones?
The later search seems very intensive.  It went on for a week, could have just been missed the first time. Finding 1 tooth in a 10,000 acre property isn't going to happen overnight other than by good luck IMO.

"Experts say a properly-trained cadaver dog can detect a single tooth in a 10,000-acre area – something beyond the scope of coverage law enforcement can provide."  https://www.9news.com/article/news/local/cadaver-dogs-train-in-lakewood/132593466
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #5853 on: June 29, 2019, 01:15:16 AM »
They detect remnant scent where a body was but no longer is. They will probably dig at the alert spot locations. They have closed it this weekend for 3 days investigation work.

Marshburn said one of his dogs went to the water and all of a sudden dashed to a spot in the water.

"Our oldest dog, Caz, the way he alerts, he lays down.  He just lays down on the spot.  Now it can be a foot over, a foot here, or a foot in front, but he lays on the strongest scent, or at it," said Marshburn.

Marshburn said the Sheriff's office brought another dog the next day. It also hit on the same spot.

https://www.localnews8.com/news/cadaver-dogs-smell-scent-in-area-where-deorr-kunz-disappeared/1089957013

What Marshburn didn't say was whether this water was the creek or Stone Reservoir, where cadaver dogs did alert within a few days of Deorr's disappearance (quickly dismissed as unrelated cremains).

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5854 on: June 29, 2019, 06:40:08 AM »
The later search seems very intensive.  It went on for a week, could have just been missed the first time. Finding 1 tooth in a 10,000 acre property isn't going to happen overnight other than by good luck IMO.

"Experts say a properly-trained cadaver dog can detect a single tooth in a 10,000-acre area – something beyond the scope of coverage law enforcement can provide."  https://www.9news.com/article/news/local/cadaver-dogs-train-in-lakewood/132593466

You really do contradict yourself... When I quoted a newspaper article reporting what grime had said you dismissed it as guesswork . Now you quote unnamed experts making claims.... So who are these experts and what are their qualifications and what exactly did they say..

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5855 on: June 29, 2019, 11:17:11 AM »
You really do contradict yourself... When I quoted a newspaper article reporting what grime had said you dismissed it as guesswork . Now you quote unnamed experts making claims.... So who are these experts and what are their qualifications and what exactly did they say..
It was irony.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5856 on: July 04, 2019, 09:13:23 PM »
The MET have faith in the dogs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7213453/Hunt-Suzy-Lamplugh-hones-trees.html

Police cadaver dogs that can smell dead bodies were used today to search a field for the remains of estate agent Suzy Lamplugh 33 years after she vanished.

Metropolitan Police officers started searching the field after receiving new evidence from a witness who recalled someone acting suspiciously there.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5857 on: July 04, 2019, 09:16:50 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7213453/Hunt-Suzy-Lamplugh-hones-trees.html

Police cadaver dogs that can smell dead bodies were used today to search a field for the remains of estate agent Suzy Lamplugh 33 years after she vanished.

Metropolitan Police officers started searching the field after receiving new evidence from a witness who recalled someone acting suspiciously there.

Also believe that some people have good memories too by the sound of it.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5858 on: July 04, 2019, 09:18:30 PM »

So they know for sure now if she's there or not

Offline barrier

« Reply #5859 on: July 04, 2019, 09:19:19 PM »
Also believe that some people have good memories too by the sound of it.

They either have good faith in the intelligence or they're being led a merry dance.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5860 on: July 04, 2019, 09:21:03 PM »
They either have good faith in the intelligence or they're being led a merry dance.

I suppose they would be criticised if they ignored a new lead.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5861 on: July 04, 2019, 09:27:03 PM »
Why would someone sit on information like that for 33 years?   Could I recall seeing someone acting suspiciously 33 years ago?   Fascinating that some people remember minor things for so long.
Moderation

Offline The General

« Reply #5862 on: July 04, 2019, 09:29:55 PM »
I don't know how anyone can rely on the bark of a bloody dog.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5863 on: July 04, 2019, 09:34:36 PM »
I don't know how anyone can rely on the bark of a bloody dog.
The likelihood is if they don’t find remains there we’ll never know if dog barked or not.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #5864 on: July 05, 2019, 12:30:49 PM »

I wonder who identified the dogs.

The cadaver dogs used in the investigation into missing schoolgirl Madeleine McCann and murdered Newent woman Kate Prout have been spotted at the dig.

The death dogs are supporting forensics teams looking in a field just over the Gloucestershire border for the remains of Cheltenham-born estate agent who vanished in July 1986.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/death-dogs-help-search-cheltenham-3053873