Author Topic: Why did Julie wait a month before speaking to the police ?  (Read 9119 times)

Offline adam

Re: Why did Julie wait a month before speaking to the police ?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 04:40:06 PM »

So she decided to do her moral duty after Jeremy made it obvious she was no longer "numero uno".

I agree with you again. That is what she did. After speaking to other people.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 05:18:33 PM »

So is't it possible that she didn't previously do her moral duty because she saw their futures as being linked? Once she realized it wasn't going to happen she was free. She could do her moral duty -minus her own complicity, of course- and get revenge for what he'd "forced" her into, AND get paid for doing it, all in one fell swoop. Job done, wouldn't you say ?{)(**

Offline guinness

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 05:23:19 PM »

If I had been the defence barrister I would certainly have given her a tough time then. And If I was the family or Colin I don't think I would have spoken to her again. She was in your eyes very nearly responsible for him getting away with the murders.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »
If I had been the defence barrister I would certainly have given her a tough time then. And If I was the family or Colin I don't think I would have spoken to her again. She was in your eyes very nearly responsible for him getting away with the murders.

Guinness, it's my belief, that had he put a ring on her finger and married her indecently soon, it may have been more than "very nearly".

Offline adam

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 05:36:40 PM »

Well my thread post gave lots of reasons why she waited a month.

One of the reasons they spilt up may have been because of what she knew. Being unable to live with it. They did spilt up quickly after the massacre.

Who knows if she would have stayed loyal if he had put a ring on her finger. But he didn't, did he ?

There was never much chance of marriage happening in the near future. Both being young and in a short term declining relationship. Jeremy about to become very rich and live his dream life. He wouldn't want Julie tagging along. She was whisked here there and everywhere at first, probably so Jeremy could keep an eye on her and keep her from making mischief. But once he thought things had quietened down he can start asking other girls out.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:58:56 PM by adam »

Offline APRIL

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:41 PM »
Well my thread post gave lots of reasons why she waited a month.

One of the reasons they spilt up may have been because of what she knew. Being unable to live with it. They did spilt up quickly after the massacre.

Who knows if she would have stayed loyal if he had put a ring on her finger. But he didn't, did he ?

There was never much chance of marriage happening in the near future. Both being young and in a short term declining relationship. Jeremy about to become very rich and live his dream life. He wouldn't want Julie tagging along. She was whisked here there and everywhere at first, probably so Jeremy could keep an eye on her and keep her from making mischief. But once he thought things had quietened down he can start asking other girls out.

The very fact that he kept Julie close to him during the aftermath would hardly have induced the thought in her that he was trying to make sure she kept her mouth shut. Understandably she have believed he needed her -they were in it together- and engagement/marriage would soon follow. You've said on numerous occasions that the relationship was in decline. I feel certain that Julie wasn't aware of it. She'd have thought the murders linked them for life.

Offline John

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 03:14:58 AM »
I will never understand why Jeremy took the risk of alienating Julie to the extent he did by carrying on with Brett.  Did he really believe that he had so much on Julie that she wouldn't dare go to the police?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 02:17:58 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline adam

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 06:58:23 AM »
I will never understand why Jeremy took the risk of alienating Julie to the extent he did by carrying on with Brett.  Did he really believe that he had so much on Julie that she wouldn't dare go to the police?

Brett arrived straight after the massacre to become Jeremy's jolly up buddy. And eventual long term holiday replacement companion for Julie. Brett going everywhere with him & Julie.

Julie soon felt that three is a crowd. Women want a man's undivided attention at least some of the time.   Jeremy said he enjoyed the two of them wanting his attention.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 08:14:22 AM »

I imagine that the difference between Julie and Brett was darkness and light, Julie representing constraint and Brett representing fun. Jeremy was 24 going on 13. On a scale of 1 to 10 his emotional maturity was about 4. To be fair to Julie, she had certain responsibilities and wanted to be sure of her future. She was probably pushing Jeremy towards making a commitment. She was volatile. Emotional. She put a pillow over Jeremy's face. She stabbed a teddy bear. She threw a bar of soap at him in a supermarket. She smashed a mirror. These are NOT the way in which a woman persuades a man to marry her. C'mon John. WOULD you if the alternative was a great mate with no whinging and no strings?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 01:55:47 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by "carrying on with Brett"? 

But she didn't "go to the police", did she?  By this I mean initiate contact?  I thought it was SB who made the first approach? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline adam

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 09:36:57 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by "carrying on with Brett"? 

But she didn't "go to the police", did she?  By this I mean initiate contact?  I thought it was SB who made the first approach?

She was with Liz Rimmington discussing the case. Liz then rang Stan Jones, with Julies permission. Jones went straight over.

Offline adam

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2014, 09:50:05 PM »

I imagine that the difference between Julie and Brett was darkness and light, Julie representing constraint and Brett representing fun. Jeremy was 24 going on 13. On a scale of 1 to 10 his emotional maturity was about 4. To be fair to Julie, she had certain responsibilities and wanted to be sure of her future. She was probably pushing Jeremy towards making a commitment. She was volatile. Emotional. She put a pillow over Jeremy's face. She stabbed a teddy bear. She threw a bar of soap at him in a supermarket. She smashed a mirror. These are NOT the way in which a woman persuades a man to marry her. C'mon John. WOULD you if the alternative was a great mate with no whinging and no strings?

Have you got a source about her throwing soap at Jeremy ?

I know she put a pillow over him and then took it away. She says it in her own WS.

Does it also mention the teddy bear in her WS.

Was the smashed mirror after she heard him ask another woman out ? Isn't that in her WS as well ?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2014, 09:53:17 PM »
She was with Liz Rimmington discussing the case. Liz then rang Stan Jones, with Julies permission. Jones went straight over.

Thanks Adam I was pretty certain it wasn't JM who initiated contact with EP.  Why did Liz phone and not JM?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline adam

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2014, 10:02:19 PM »
I did not realise Julie already had a degree and was studying an honours degree. She is now very successful in her chosen field.

Jeremy asked her out. They were together only 20 months. Living in different parts of the country with the relationship in decline/coming to a close six months prior to the massacre according to Jeremy.

Being the age 19 - 21 I can't believe she was that bothered about the break up. Certainly not enough to be so savagely vindictive, as Jeremy claims.

Offline adam

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2014, 10:04:13 PM »
Thanks Adam I was pretty certain it wasn't JM who initiated contact with EP.  Why did Liz phone and not JM?

Who knows. Maybe it was Liz's phone. Julie was in the room.