Author Topic: Julie's pre and post marriage plans.  (Read 2290 times)

Offline adam

Julie's pre and post marriage plans.
« on: February 01, 2015, 10:15:45 AM »
Supporters often say Julie testified on Bamber because he would not marry her. It is very unlikely this was the case.

Pre massacre:

They were living miles away from each other. The 18 month relationship had been in decline for six months and coming to a close according to Jeremy. He had been unfaithful to her.

Jeremy was a farmer, Julie studying for her second degree to be a teacher and showed no interest in farming. They were both young. In the mid 80's people were getting married a lot older than they were in the 1950's and 60's.

If Julie was just seeking a rich man, Jeremy was not that man. In several years or decades time he may inherit some of WHF in the wills, but surely Julie would not hang around that long.

Post Massacre:

Jeremy was now potentially going to rich. Julie summoned over in a police car and then whisked off here there and everywhere. It seems whether she liked it or not.

Having Brett around 24/7 didn't help matters and the declining relationship quickly ended.

Julie was quite prepared to help Jeremy in selling cannabis. She initially kept quiet about their activities most probably in the belief that he would married her and lavished his fortune on her. When this didn't happen she turned on him. Jeremy was then unable to implicate Julie as in doing so would have implicated himself. Anyway, unlike the caravan break in, Julie played no part on the night so was unlikely to have received a big sentence. This is unlikely as surely a rich Jeremy would want to be a St Tropez esq play boy rather than marry Julie.

It is more likely things happened as was said in Julie's witness statement. Jeremy committing the massacre, telling Julie before the relationship ended. Marriage never spoken about.

Jeremy clearly had no intention of marrying Julie. Julie either approached the police after he reneged on his pre massacre agreement to marry her providing she kept quiet,  or not. Either way it ends up with a guilty Jeremy.

[ Edited ]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:09:16 PM by John »

Offline John

Re: Julie's pre and post marriage plans.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 11:20:44 AM »
I am undecided about his attitude towards Julie.  It was to his advantage to keep Julie sweet if she had prior knowledge to a greater extent revealed during the trial.  The fact that he dumped her so soon after the funerals could mean one of two things.  Either she knew very little or Jeremy was extremely stupid.

I don't go with the latter so in my opinion Julie knew very little and her only involvement was to humour him.

I don't think Jeremy wanted to settle down or marry anyone.  He has a proven record of using women and then dumping them as some female members of this very forum can confirm.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:39:27 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 06:27:06 PM »
I am undecided about his attitude towards Julie.  It was to his advantage to keep Julie sweet if she had prior knowledge to a greater extent revealed during the trial.  The fact that he dumped her so soon after the funerals could mean one of two things.  Either she knew very little or Jeremy was extremely stupid.

I don't go with the latter so in my opinion Julie knew very little and her only involvement was to humour him.

I don't think Jeremy wanted to settle down or marry anyone.  He has a proven record of using women and then dumping them as some female members of this very forum can confirm.

John, I feel that you may be approaching this from the wrong angle. This isn't about what was going on in Jeremy's head. THIS is about Julie's secret SELF. The plans/fantasies she'd woven for herself. I don't imagine she'd had a childhood which was financially plentiful. She sad she's always worked to pay off student loans. Then she met a tall, dark, handsome stranger, a barman who, when she'd kissed him, turned into the heir to a wealthy farmer. Had all her birthdays and Christmas's arrived at once, or WHAT!!!? Was it love, lust or lucre? Who can say what ingredients go towards making a man into the person  a woman has dreamed of. IMO, in Julie's mind, their relationship wasn't over. It went right to the wire before it dawned on her that it WAS over.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 12:42:39 PM »

John, I feel that you may be approaching this from the wrong angle. This isn't about what was going on in Jeremy's head. THIS is about Julie's secret SELF. The plans/fantasies she'd woven for herself. I don't imagine she'd had a childhood which was financially plentiful. She sad she's always worked to pay off student loans. Then she met a tall, dark, handsome stranger, a barman who, when she'd kissed him, turned into the heir to a wealthy farmer. Had all her birthdays and Christmas's arrived at once, or WHAT!!!? Was it love, lust or lucre? Who can say what ingredients go towards making a man into the person  a woman has dreamed of. IMO, in Julie's mind, their relationship wasn't over. It went right to the wire before it dawned on her that it WAS over.

Don't get me wrong April, clearly Jeremy was a meal ticket to begin with which developed into something else.  I don't believe she would have delayed coming forward for so long had this not been the case.  I think she hoped in her heart that what he was saying was baloney.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:09:45 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 01:44:33 PM »
Don't get me wrong April, clearly Jeremy was a meal ticket to begin with which developed into something else.  I don't believe she would have delayed coming forward four so long had this not been the case.  I think she hoped in her heart that what he was saying was baloney.

John, do you think that had he publicly proposed, produced an expensive ring AND married her, she would have remained convinced that it was baloney?

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »

John, do you think that had he publicly proposed, produced an expensive ring AND married her, she would have remained convinced that it was baloney?

Hmm...    I cannot possibly second guess what Julie might or might not have done.   I would however like to think that she would have turned Queens Evidence regardless.