Author Topic: New Program featuring an interview with Barbara Wilson, former WHF secretary.  (Read 22861 times)

Offline abs

The catch-up documentary might be shown in the day(s) following transmission... I'm thinking here of abs if she can't receive the broadcast abroad, and if she's lurking around the forum, although Channel 5 could decide to trim it down to just a 20 second trailer unfortunately, like the Dennis Nilsen one.
A similar case to that of the Bambers, involving parricide for inheritance by Roderick Newall makes interesting viewing. The long pre-advert though is a pain in the a*se... http://www.channel5.com/shows/countdown-to-murder/episodes/the-butcher-boy

What is it about some loopy floozies who look through mud-spattered spectacles at convicted murderers ?... last sentence quote - "Despite his notoriety, Newall received hundreds of letters from female admirers after his arrest and conviction"... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-410320/Man-murdered-parents-1million-inheritance-set-leave-jail.html#ixzz2k9qY4cMh

His former Sandhurst army mates have written about him including one Shonapugs-flavoured post, jolly good show, what, what, what !... http://www.arrse.co.uk/intelligence-cell/205506-roderick-newall.html

Yeayea, lurking all right.  ?>)()< Thank you so much for thinking about me. Hug

Offline Myster

Yeayea, lurking all right.  ?>)()< Thank you so much for thinking about me. Hug

Don't mention it hunny... he-he, I knew that would lure you back ! (*crosses fingers hoping that hubby isn't watching*)
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

Sounds like the poster was mistaking Mrs.Wilson for Julie's mother, Mary Mugford. Mary appeared in the witness box and said, quote - 'Jeremy disliked his mother intensely and I felt he was more affectionate towards me. He used to call me "Mummy" all the time'.... etc. (Wilkes, pages 220-221)

Nevill bought his son the Anschutz.22 in the Autumn of 1984, although it was never licensed to Jeremy. As with all the firearms and ammunition at WHF, it wasn't secured. The arguments between father and son may only have reached a climax in the few days leading up to the murders, so perhaps Nevill gave his son benefit of the doubt (re. Robert Boutflour's testimony that Jeremy said he could kill anybody, even his parents, [Wilkes, pg. 197]) and trusted him between the previous Autumn and that fateful Wednesday.

If weaponry had been locked up, what was to stop a determined Jeremy finding/copying the key(s), removing the rifle, relocking the cupboard, then secreting it somewhere in the farmyard outbuildings ready for use the night before ?

No I got the distinct impression the poster was referring to BW.  I know BW has at least one son.  Not sure about MM.  Does JM have any siblings?

Is there any firm evidence NB and JB argued anymore than many young men/sons do with their fathers especially those that work together?

We only have RB's word that JB made the comment re his parents and even if he did say it what was meany by it?  It seems rather strange that if he was planning the murders he would make such a statement to a close relative.

I believe BW worked for NB for 8 years prior to the tragedy.  Throughout this period SC was based in London.  As such BW's understanding of SC her illness and troubles would have been very limited. 

It strikes me that NB was a very easy-going, calm and good tempered type.  The fact BW stated when she phoned @ 9.30pm he was abrupt, impatient, and short sounds out of character.  She also states she felt she had interrupted an argument.  I believe as JB said his parents were trying to enter into discussion with SC re welfare of the twins and/or trying to entice her away from London and back to Essex.  I accept the latter is just my own thoughts.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline puglove

Sunday Times Culture magazine, re: Slaughter At The Farm.

"..........Bamber made one crucial error in his attempt to conceal his crime."

Only one?     >@@(*&)
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Myster

No I got the distinct impression the poster was referring to BW.  I know BW has at least one son.  Not sure about MM.  Does JM have any siblings?

Is there any firm evidence NB and JB argued anymore than many young men/sons do with their fathers especially those that work together?

We only have RB's word that JB made the comment re his parents and even if he did say it what was meany by it?  It seems rather strange that if he was planning the murders he would make such a statement to a close relative.

I believe BW worked for NB for 8 years prior to the tragedy.  Throughout this period SC was based in London.  As such BW's understanding of SC her illness and troubles would have been very limited. 

It strikes me that NB was a very easy-going, calm and good tempered type.  The fact BW stated when she phoned @ 9.30pm he was abrupt, impatient, and short sounds out of character.  She also states she felt she had interrupted an argument.  I believe as JB said his parents were trying to enter into discussion with SC re welfare of the twins and/or trying to entice her away from London and back to Essex.  I accept the latter is just my own thoughts.

Yes, Barbara Wilson did have a son, Phillip or Philip. I know who the poster was, but not where the statement came from, unless it was an early police interview. Barbara comes across as a gentle and genuine soul, a bit timid perhaps which could have been the reason why she got the jitters and disappeared on the first Saturday of the trial, and was initially reluctant to criticise Jeremy in the early police interviews, because if she accused him of the murders the same thing might happen to her. We might learn more next Thursday. No idea about JM's brother/s or sister/s.. better ask Patti the genealogist - there's a patti who's just joined but whether it's the Patti or someone else I don't know.

There are parallels here with Roderick Newall - the physical pushing of his mother when she refused him money; the pre-planning; the arguments between parents and sons on the night of the murders; the scarpering abroad afterwards.
Compare that with the alleged bag of rats in June's car; the murder plan Bamber had been hatching for months; the argument with Nevill and/or June on Tuesday night which Jeremy claimed to be about adoption of the twins, but could just have easily been about his demand for more money; the disappearance abroad with Collins. Was the original intention not to return like Newall, but when the money ran out he had no alternative ?

Which brother did Bamber most resemble... Mark - the quiet, nerdy, asexual and introverted one... or Roderick - the gregarious, not academically gifted, promiscuous extrovert ? And which one of the two was the instigator and main perpetrator - wasn't it the second ?

It was his cocky arrogant side that led Bamber to brag about being capable of killing his parents, and deliberately telling Julie of his plans. It all boils down to who you are prepared to believe. Other than Robert Boutflour, Douglas Moule, a site worker at Osea had strong suspicions of who was responsible for the office break-in. They both had a gut instinct as to Jeremy's questionable character.

You have to go too with what little physical evidence there is, such as - the lack of any vertical blood-staining on the front of Sheila's neck, chest or nightie directly below the wounds, meaning she was never in the Kitchen when the TFU broke in; the lack of ammunition residue on her dress and hands; the absence of any blood spots on the phone handset or work surface when Bamber claimed before Colin, Ann and the police at the cottage, that on the phone he felt that his father had been really hurt... in other words he had already been wounded upstairs and bleeding from the mouth and face.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

Yes I agree Barbara seems a decent sort even if perhaps a bit of a busy body.  However she has nothing to say of any substance re JB's guilt.  It appears that it's all based on her interpretation eg JB not crying/showing enough emotion after the tragedy.

She claims prior to the tragedy that Nevill looked down mentally and physically.  This could be explained by Sheila's mental illness, chaotic lifestyle, inability to meet the twins' basic needs, reunion with her birth mother; June's frail state of mind and ever increasing dependence on religion; Mrs Speakman's health; loss of Mrs Bamber snr.; taking out substantial loans etc, etc.

Perhaps Nevill was mindful of shooting accidents given that he was involved in one when Leslie Speakman lost his sight in one eye as a result of a shot Nevill fired.  Also apparently Nevill had been threatened as a result of his magistrates work.

There's no evidence that Jeremy was always on the lookout for hand outs any more than most young people are.  Anyone who has children will know this.  One only has to look at the butt of many jokes in Fathers' day cards. Also Anne and Peter Eaton and Jackie Wood and Anthony Pargeter appeared to do very nicely thank you out of good old Uncle Nevill.  Prior to the tragedies Nevill purchased land on behalf of Anne and Peter for repurchase at a later date and Jackie and Anthony were loaned money for the refurbishment of their late grandmother's home.

I don't see any parallels with the Newall case other than parricide.  Dr David Kirschner states that adoption is often key to understanding adoptees who kills:

http://www.adoptionunchartedwaters.com/understanding-adoptees-who-kill.php

There's nothing I can see in Jeremy's character that imo marks him out as someone capable of the acts he has been convicted of.  I see him as a regular mainstream guy with no particular side. 

Robert Boutflours's diaries seem to indicate a hatred based on nothing other than perfectly acceptable lifestyle choices eg he worked at Little Chef, didn't partake in Young Farmers, had a gay friend etc.

I think Nevill phoned Jeremy before any shots were fired.  Don't believe Sheila was ever in kitchen when TFU broke in.  I would not want to rely on lack of residue as unsure as to whether Sheila had washed and/or SOC officers interfered by accidental contamination.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline puglove

Sunday Times Culture magazine, re: Slaughter At The Farm.

"..........Bamber made one crucial error in his attempt to conceal his crime."

Only one?     >@@(*&)

Actually, I can't wait for "Slaughter At The Farm" on Thursday night. The final nail in the Bamber-lickers coffin.   8@??)(

I wonder if it will be as "sensational" as "Dead People Are Crap On Strictly"....the book that was due out 6 months ago?

We live in hope!!    @)(++(*

Offline Holly Goodhead

I think a certain person would feel more comfortable sitting on one of these whilst viewing as may become over animated:

Offline Holly Goodhead

Offline Holly Goodhead

Offline puglove

Well, it was what it was. Some mistakes, and I doubt if it will be up for a BAFTA, but Barbara Wilson was excellent, again.

Mushy sprouts. Nom nom nom.

Offline John

Well, it was what it was. Some mistakes, and I doubt if it will be up for a BAFTA, but Barbara Wilson was excellent, again.

Mushy sprouts. Nom nom nom.

The blues are hating it...   8@??)(
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Outlook

Yes, as you say, maybe a couple of mistakes but Barbara Wilson was good.

Far from "fitting up" JB the police and media concentrated on the "Hot Story" of "the mad model with the gun" far better to sell papers.

It looks like a good few more years of over-boiled sprouts and unnatural sex for JB and long may it be so.

Offline John

Well well!  Some new revelations and a pile of errors...8 out of 10 for Channel 5.

That's the first time we have heard that Nevill and June really knew who was behind the Osea caravan park break in.  I can understand the shame they must have felt about it all, to realise that the boy they had reared could have turned into such a monster.

I totally agree about Barbara Wilson.  She was excellent and came out with things she has never publicly said before.  The rats in the car was an eye opener...as was the absolute dread Nevill had for his own life.  I wonder why Robert Boutflour wasn't interviewed this time?

Its a pity they got the whole Nevill was first assaulted in the kitchen thing so very wrong.  We know of course from the distribution of the bullet casings that Nevill was initially shot in the bedroom and bled as he made his way downstairs where he was assaulted by Bamber using the rifle stock as a weapon.  He was shot again in the kitchen and died of his wounds.

They also forgot to put the silencer in its box and hide it in the cupboard, naughty Ch5.

I suppose Ch5 have budget constraints like everyone else. Bamber must be incandescent with rage though as this docudrama only dealt with the facts and was so close to the truth for a change.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:05:29 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Holly Goodhead

Well well!  Some new revelations and a pile of errors...8 out of 10 for Channel 5.

That's the first time we have heard that Nevile and June really knew who was behind the Osea caravan park break in.  I can understand the shame they must have felt about it all, to realise that the boy they had reared could have turned into such a monster.

I totally agree about Barbara Wilson.  She was excellent and came out with things she has never publicly said before.  The rats in the car was an eye opener...as was the absolute dread Nevile had for his own life.  I wonder why Robert Boutflour wasn't interviewed this time?

Its a pity they got the whole Nevile was first assaulted in the kitchen thing so very wrong.  We know of course from the distribution of the bullet casings that Nevile was initially shot in the bedroom and bled as he made his way downstairs where he was assaulted by Bamber using the rifle stock as a weapon.  He was shot again in the kitchen and died of his wounds.

They also forgot to put the silencer in its box and hide it in the cupboard, naughty Ch5.

I suppose Ch5 have budget constraints like everyone else. Bamber must be incandescent with rage though as this docudrama only dealt with the facts and was so close to the truth for a change.

I believe Robert Boutflour passed away quite a while ago.