Author Topic: Lets review the evidence which convicted Jeremy Bamber.  (Read 27267 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Lets review the evidence which convicted Jeremy Bamber.
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2020, 06:52:29 PM »
Ched Evans' case is currently with the CCRC - we will see!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2929795/Rapist-Ched-Evans-submitted-fresh-evidence-previously-unavailable-appeal-against-sex-attack-conviction.html

Since its inception the CCRC have referred just over 3% of applications to the CoA. Obviously one of these cases was JB's.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/about/criminal-cases-review-commission

What did you make of the Ched Evans case?

Having re-visited what stands out for me is this,

During the retrial the jury was afforded glimpses into the Evans campaign – they knew there was a reward and heard something of how the two crucial witnesses’ evidence surfaced.

They were not allowed to hear about Massey’s approach to a vital prosecution witness, Gavin Burrough, who was on the hotel reception desk when the complainant arrived that night and who later said she was “out of it”.

and this

Evans’ defence said he was in prison at the time and there was no evidence he knew anything of the messages or that they were sent at his behest. The trial judge, Mrs Justice Nicola Davies, allowed the existence of the reward to go before the jury but not Massey’s approach and rejected the claim it had the “flavour of a bribe”.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/oct/14/campaigners-fear-evans-case-will-stop-women-reporting

And Don Hale - always a red flag for me
”But the Downing case would eventually change the law, win Hale an OBE and make him a go-to journalist to investigate major miscarriages of justice.
In the years since the release of Mr Downing, Hale has also helped to free Barry George, the man who spent eight years in jail for the murder of Jill Dando, and to clear the name of footballer, Ched Evans, after a controversial rape retrial.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-38581779

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/former-weekly-editor-claims-role-in-ched-evans-rape-retrial-acquittal/

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/ched-evans-rape-case-not-guilty-verdict-no-winners-compensation-a7362306.html
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 07:48:56 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2020, 07:56:07 PM »
Afaik I've never expressed any views on CE's case as I don't know any of the detail.  I just looked it up and see he was found not guilty at retrial and is suing his trial lawyers. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2020, 08:03:16 PM »
Afaik I've never expressed any views on CE's case as I don't know any of the detail.  I just looked it up and see he was found not guilty at retrial and is suing his trial lawyers.

I asked

What did you make of the Ched Evans case?

At the time, did you wonder how and why the CCRC referred the case in the first place given John had posted this?

Scipio is correct, the CCRC will these days only refer a case to the Appeal Court where there is an excellent chance of success.  In past years the Court has criticised the agency for referring cases too readily.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 08:06:00 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2020, 02:16:40 PM »

You did

Professional football is totally dependent on sponsors.  It should be evident that no sponsor is going to allow its brand to effectively be damaged by condoning a convicted rapist.  Wayne Rooney and Tiger Woods lost sponsors on the back of their behaviour which wasn't even criminal.

Even if the sex was consensual, as CE claims, surely the fact that he turned up the hotel to watch his mate have sex with the victim then ended up having sex with her himself while being watched from a window by his brother and mates says it all!

Perhaps professional football clubs could consider chaperones when players have a night on the town.  Its surely a recipe for disaster: young fit looking guys, young attractive females, celeb culture, money, booze and recreational drugs being freely available.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2020, 02:59:02 PM »
You forgot to mention that Nevill struggled with his assailant Holly.  Do you really believe a petite Sheila clad only in a nightdress could have taken on an angry man over 6' tall and bleeding profusely and not ended up with a single mark or a spot of his blood on her?  Not to mention shoot and reload the rifle three times yet never cracked a nail?  Also none of Sheila's fingerprints on any bullets.

What about the soles of her feet?  The kitchen floor was strewn with small glass shards as a consequence of a glass lampshade being smashed in the struggle yet Sheila's feet were both free from glass or cuts.  Sheila's naked footprints were not found in the kitchen.

It's interesting you mention the silencer, if Mike Tesko is to believed there were three.  Lets consider the one you refer to in your post.  DNA analysis wasn't available in 1985 so the trial had to rely on blood grouping and enzyme analysis.  It was determined that the blood on the silencer and the blood found within the silencer was human (not animal) and could have been Sheila's. This formed the basis of the Crown case.

A few years later a sample taken from the baffles deep inside the silencer was tested using DNA analysis and returned a 13 marker match to Sheila.  Although this falls below the 20 marker threshold required for a conviction in the UK it proves beyond a reasonable doubt that the blood did belong to Sheila.  The chance of that DNA belonging to anyone else is something like 1 in 10,000,000    To remind the reader, the significance of this is that the only way Sheila's DNA could have got so far into the silencer is if she was shot using it.  Sheila was shot twice in the neck, the end of the silencer almost  touching her skin.  The suction following the shots drew minute particles of blood into the silencer where it was deposited on baffles and later recovered by forensic scientists using the latest techniques.

The point in all of this is simple, whoever shot Sheila unscrewed the silencer from the rifle when they realised that with it fitted the weapon was too long for Sheila to have used it to shoot herself in the neck.  The silencer was found a few days after the murder in a shelf inside a gun cabinet.

Maybe you can address these points Holly?

"You forgot to mention that Nevill struggled with his assailant Holly.  Do you really believe a petite Sheila clad only in a nightdress could have taken on an angry man over 6' tall and bleeding profusely and not ended up with a single mark or a spot of his blood on her?  Not to mention shoot and reload the rifle three times yet never cracked a nail?  Also none of Sheila's fingerprints on any bullets.

What about the soles of her feet?  The kitchen floor was strewn with small glass shards as a consequence of a glass lampshade being smashed in the struggle yet Sheila's feet were both free from glass or cuts.  Sheila's naked footprints were not found in the kitchen.
"

The very idea a woman attacked a man much larger and stronger than herself while under sedentary medication (If she was having a hyper experience this is what she would have been taking) is laughable.

I would like to know where Sheila stored the bullets on her person while running around out of her mind up and down stairs beating people up and loading /reloading a rifle. (as John mentions not even breaking a manicured nail!)

My other observation was motive:  the father was violently slaughtered and the children had one bullet to the head. If she was acting like a crazed manic totally out of her mind, all recipients would have been equally violently slaughtered.  And the alternative 'real motive was'?  robbery?

I still smile when I read that he still bangs on about seeing someone moving in the house while the police were there...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Caroline

« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2020, 05:19:30 PM »
"You forgot to mention that Nevill struggled with his assailant Holly.  Do you really believe a petite Sheila clad only in a nightdress could have taken on an angry man over 6' tall and bleeding profusely and not ended up with a single mark or a spot of his blood on her?  Not to mention shoot and reload the rifle three times yet never cracked a nail?  Also none of Sheila's fingerprints on any bullets.

"

The very idea a woman attacked a man much larger and stronger than herself while under sedentary medication (If she was having a hyper experience this is what she would have been taking) is laughable.

I would like to know where Sheila stored the bullets on her person while running around out of her mind up and down stairs beating people up and loading /reloading a rifle. (as John mentions not even breaking a manicured nail!)

My other observation was motive:  the father was violently slaughtered and the children had one bullet to the head. If she was acting like a crazed manic totally out of her mind, all recipients would have been equally violently slaughtered.  And the alternative 'real motive was'?  robbery?

I still smile when I read that he still bangs on about seeing someone moving in the house while the police were there...

The twins were shot in the head more than one, Daniel received 5 shots and Nicholas 3.

Offline barrier

« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2020, 05:40:00 PM »
The twins were shot in the head more than one, Daniel received 5 shots and Nicholas 3.

Bamber tries to convince, their own mother did that?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2020, 05:42:38 PM »

Thank you for correcting that Caroline.

Very strange one had 5 and another 3. OMG  horror of horrors. Even worse as if the mother was deranged and kicking off on a protection of children story. It would be difficult to believe she was so violent  towards them.

Can I ask how many times did the gun need to be reloaded  after emptying?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2020, 07:36:10 PM »
Thank you for correcting that Caroline.

Very strange one had 5 and another 3. OMG  horror of horrors. Even worse as if the mother was deranged and kicking off on a protection of children story. It would be difficult to believe she was so violent  towards them.

Can I ask how many times did the gun need to be reloaded  after emptying?

You're welcome! I couldn't imagine Sheila doing that, yes, she had issues but a suicide that included the order of her two children would have been more intimate, not so cold and calculating. This was carried out by someone devoid of empathy and without understanding of close relationships. Sheila would have had to reload twice.

« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2020, 07:59:45 PM »
You're welcome! I couldn't imagine Sheila doing that, yes, she had issues but a suicide that included the order of her two children would have been more intimate, not so cold and calculating. This was carried out by someone devoid of empathy and without understanding of close relationships. Sheila would have had to reload twice.

So she would have to have been carrying  a box with bullets or loose bullets in her hand. I wonder where this  box was found. It is very difficult to shoot  and hold box of bullets or loose large bullets in ones hands.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2020, 08:05:58 PM »
So she would have to have been carrying  a box with bullets or loose bullets in her hand. I wonder where this  box was found. It is very difficult to shoot  and hold box of bullets or loose large bullets in ones hands.

The box was on the counter top in the kitchen next to the phone. So would have either had to take sheets with her or return to the counter top to refill the magazine twice.

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2020, 08:12:06 PM »
The box was on the counter top in the kitchen next to the phone. So would have either had to take sheets with her or return to the counter top to refill the magazine twice.

Indeed!  So, she didn't do it.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2020, 08:13:27 PM »
Indeed!  So, she didn't do it.

of course not.