Author Topic: Sheila and the wet blood theory  (Read 24635 times)

Offline John

Sheila and the wet blood theory
« on: August 03, 2012, 09:07:34 PM »
Must has been written and indeed speculated about the blood which can be seen on Sheila Caffell's neck.  It is suggested that at least some of this blood is in fact wet blood which was an indication that death may have occurred not that long before the photographs were taken.  Others will point to the fact that the photographer used a flash bulb when taking the photos which in itself could account for the shiny appearance of the blood.

Judge for yourself, is it in fact wet blood?  Was this blood actually pooled blood from within Sheila's throat cavity which when disturbed exited the wound to give the appearance of being fresh blood?

http://i.imgur.com/nggFO.jpg

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:25:57 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: Sheila and the wet blood theory
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:35:15 PM »
What is certainly clear from the image is that Sheila's head must have been forward from the position seen in the photograph following the second and fatal shot (upper wound).  When her head was moved back allowing blood to flow under gravity a mirror image of the entry wound was then immediately observable under her chin.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 09:41:50 PM »
Here is another picture of the scene showing Sheila with her head slightly to the side of the bedside table.

Could it be that when Sheila fell back her head actually rested against the table allowing the mirror image effect to occur?  Was her head then moved and set back by the police to facilitate the photography?

http://i.imgur.com/Iii66.jpg
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:26:17 PM by John »

Offline Joanne

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 09:47:19 PM »
It might look wet because of the amount there is there and how it's dried. For it to be 'wet' it'd have to be 'fresh' blood which is only going to carry on flowing while the heart beats. It'll bleed for a bit until the pressure is lost.

Or Sheils died just before she was found and it is wet which would begger the question, if she's bleeding, she might (and I say might) have a heartbeat or a recently lost one which should have instigated cpr, so I don't think she was still bleeding myself and might well have started with rigour which is why they chose to leave her.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 09:53:40 PM »
Looking at this picture the question must be asked how did she get the blood on her right wrist because blood certainly does not run up hill?

The flash photography can again be clearly seen in this photograph reflected in the Bible.

http://i.imgur.com/JEcTv.jpg
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:26:30 PM by John »

Offline Myster

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 11:02:21 PM »
The more I look at the top neck wound the less sure I am about it being mirrored.

If you bend your head tightly down the skin of the neck creases lower down, nearer to the hollow below the larynx, whereas in the photo the mirroring appears to be higher up in the neck, where little creasing occurs.

And I would have expected to see more blood transferred upwards from the lower wound too.

To me it looks like the end of the sound moderator has been dragged or wiped across the upper wound twice from right to left in the close-up photo, after the first shot was fired when it became coated with backspattered blood, which would have caused  the two heavier blood spots, showing just to the left of the fore-sight of the rifle.

Could they assailant have been testing where to place the final shot?

If Sheila had been found with her head tight up against the bedside cabinet, surely there would have been more spreading of blood across the neck area from both wounds too.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline puglove

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 11:07:03 PM »
The more I look at the top neck wound the less sure I am about it being mirrored.

If you bend your head tightly down the skin of the neck creases lower down, nearer to the hollow below the larynx, whereas in the photo the mirroring appears to be higher up in the neck, where little creasing occurs.

And I would have expected to see more blood transferred upwards from the lower wound too.

To me it looks like the end of the sound moderator has been dragged or wiped across the upper wound twice from right to left in the close-up photo, after the first shot was fired when it became coated with backspattered blood, which would have caused  the two heavier blood spots, showing just to the left of the fore-sight of the rifle.

Could they assailant have been testing where to place the final shot?

If Sheila had been found with her head tight up against the bedside cabinet, surely there would have been more spreading of blood across the neck area from both wounds too.

John's going with the mirror image, but I don't. I just see that Sheila's head was moved slightly between shots. Her rucked-up nightie and splayed out hair proves that she was pulled down to expose her throat so that the second shot didn't miss. IMO.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline starryian

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 11:33:38 PM »
Looking at this picture the question must be asked how did she get the blood on her right wrist because blood certainly does not run up hill?

The flash photography can again be clearly seen in this photograph reflected in the Bible.

http://i.imgur.com/JEcTv.jpg
An excellent post John,
It is thought that the blood on her wrist came from the when she was reclining at an angle when she was first shot. The blood from the wound would be expelled outwards from the sub-sonic bullet in large droplets. When she settled in her horizontal position the blood ran topwards the floor leaving the blood you see.
I think she was in a semi-sitting position, leaning against the cabinet when she was shot. I also think Bamber tricked her or threatened her into that position. It was here that Bamber pulled the trigger at a angle that was almost perpendicular to her neck (this again questions any notion that Sheila shot herself as the distance between the end of the silencer and the trigger would have been too great)
The bullet severed the carotid artery and shattered the fourth vertebrae of her neck at a shallow angle.
The second shot was administered at a much more shallow angle with her torso. The bullet went through the roof of her mouth and into her brain, killing her instantly. The two angles are completely different and strongly suggests that they were fired by someone else.
I have my doubts that Sheila would have been capable of firing a second shot and I am almost certain that she could not have. Peter Vanizes left the options open on that one, but I think he was being perhaps a little too fence-sitting on this. DS Stan Jones also thought so when he visited his dentist shortly after the murders with agonising tooth ache which had keep him up all night. It turned out to be a small hole in his molar. He figured right then, that a small hole could cause such an astonishing amount of pain - just think what Sheila wounds must have been like?
Food for thought indeed.....
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:26:43 PM by John »
Starryian..

Offline Andrea

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 11:40:58 PM »
Thats what i was thinking, Ian. Sheila was made to get into that position at gun point. Then he shot her.

Dillon

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 08:16:36 AM »
These horrific crime scene photographs of Sheila Caffell should remind us what this revolting apology for humanity did and why he should NEVER be allowed out of prison. We should remember that it is nearly the 27th anniversary of one of the worst crimes in the second half of the twentieth century.  This monster butchered two innocent 6 year olds as well as the rest of his immediate family. He deserves to die in custody.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:48:58 AM by Dillon »

Offline starryian

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 10:26:48 AM »
These horrific crime scene photographs of Sheila Caffell should remind us what this revolting apology for humanity did and why he should NEVER be allowed out of prison. We should remember that it is nearly the 27th anniversary of one of the worst crimes in the second half of the twentieth century.  This monster butchered two innocent 6 year olds as well as the rest of his immediate family. He deserves to die in custody.
Absolutely Dillon,
We should also remember that he plotted and planned this with unbelievable callousness. He actually asked Colin Caffell when he was going to bring the twins to White House Farm shortly before he murdered them in cold blood. He also had the sheer audacity to laugh about the crime and brag of his own 'ingenuity' afterwards.
The utter cold-bloodedness of this twisted monster is there for all to see.

I totally agree with you Dillon, this appalling, murderous ingrate needs to be kept locked up in maximum security until the day he dies.
Thank you also Dillon of reminding us all that nearly 27 years have gone by - 27 years of life stolen from two little boys, a beautiful young woman who had their whole lives in front of them and two devoted parents, by a sick, twisted greedy waste of oxygen.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:29:02 AM by starryian »
Starryian..

Offline puglove

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »
The Bamber forum. Unbelievable. Mike Teskowski rambling on to himself, and mertol off to a car boot sale. These are the people responsible for Bamber's future.

You couldn't make this stuff up.     @)(++(*

Offline puglove

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 10:50:24 AM »
The Bamber forum. Unbelievable. Mike Teskowski rambling on to himself, and mertol off to a car boot sale. These are the people responsible for Bamber's future.

what is wrong with boot sales  there are many treasures to be found, a brushomatic, half a bottle of brut aftershave, a commode with only one leg missing, a signed photo of Norman vaughn, never ending story (betamax) , hamster ball, marbles, a book about nuns.     8((()*/

Offline starryian

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 11:42:48 AM »

what is wrong with boot sales  there are many treasures to be found, a brushomatic, half a bottle of brut aftershave, a commode with only one leg missing, a signed photo of Norman vaughn, never ending story (betamax) , hamster ball, marbles, a book about nuns.     8((()*/
That's a coincidence Mertol, as I am went to a local village fate this morning
and I brought home some well-needed bargain such as a 1979 xylophone, a chess board with all the pieces except the black queen and the white rook. Two Beano 1976 and 1977 Annuals, an Armenian washing machine thermostat (slightly burnt?), a very worn-looking board game of KerPlunk and Mousetrap, both with most of the pieces missing and a signed copy of Tom Clancy's new thriller, the intenational best selling sequel; 'Don't Go to Village Fete's and Squander Your Money on Buying Useless Crap (Vol II) ' I can't seem to find Volume one?

.................I ask you. Can it get better than that? 8((()*/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:48:09 AM by starryian »
Starryian..

simong

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2012, 11:48:44 AM »
Thats what i was thinking, Ian. Sheila was made to get into that position at gun point. Then he shot her.

I have always thought that Sheila was taken into the main bedroom at gunpoint. I believe that she was leaning away from the gun when she was shot. I also believe that she died pretty quickly after that first shot.