Author Topic: Who should lead JB's defence at his third appeal hearing?  (Read 27255 times)

Offline APRIL

Re: Who should lead JB's defence at his third appeal hearing?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 07:16:58 PM »
Yes that's exactly how the system is supposed to work. One of the problems as I see it is that prejudice creeps in.  Something we all experience to some degree consciously or sub-consciously.

I think Nelly Red Belly (NGRB) should undertake copious amounts of CPD or whatever he needs to do to get readmitted to the bar and take on JB's case for the next appeal hearing.

I can't believe there's anyone old enough to have experience who would be totally objective about the Bamber case and prejudice-free.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 09:33:17 AM »
I can't believe there's anyone old enough to have experience who would be totally objective about the Bamber case and prejudice-free.

That may well be true but they work in pairs: leader and junior. 

Trial: Leader - Rivlin, Junior - Lawson

1989 Appeal: I believe was the same trial team

2002 Appeal: Leader - Turner, Junior - Duck

So a possibility might be an oldie and a newbie comprising a male and female. 

David Martin-Sperry and Isabelle Gillard did have some involvement with the case post 1989 appeal hearing and pre 2002 appeal hearing but in fairness to Turner who I have criticised for following Rivlin's strategy with the silencer they intended to pursue the same route.  So adopting the one strike and you're out policy I would have to say it's back to the drawing board. 

Turner most definitely shouldn't be let near the case again.  His failings at 2002 were catastrophic and only in the legal world are they able to fall under the radar:

- Followed Rivlin's trial strategy of SC using the silencer with the blood comprising an "intimate" mix
- Failed to understand the pathological evidence and soc: pursued NB calling JB from kitchen phone having sustained gsw's upstairs with officers then using tel and removing blood.  The soc shows NB was shot coming up the stairs and IMO had just made the call to JB. 
- Overlooked the fact bloodstain test results for the bible were not disclosed to the defence.  Missed an opportunity to win a point on the basis the bible was destroyed.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 11:40:05 AM »
That may well be true but they work in pairs: leader and junior. 

Trial: Leader - Rivlin, Junior - Lawson

1989 Appeal: I believe was the same trial team

2002 Appeal: Leader - Turner, Junior - Duck

So a possibility might be an oldie and a newbie comprising a male and female. 

David Martin-Sperry and Isabelle Gillard did have some involvement with the case post 1989 appeal hearing and pre 2002 appeal hearing but in fairness to Turner who I have criticised for following Rivlin's strategy with the silencer they intended to pursue the same route.  So adopting the one strike and you're out policy I would have to say it's back to the drawing board. 

Turner most definitely shouldn't be let near the case again.  His failings at 2002 were catastrophic and only in the legal world are they able to fall under the radar:

- Followed Rivlin's trial strategy of SC using the silencer with the blood comprising an "intimate" mix
- Failed to understand the pathological evidence and soc: pursued NB calling JB from kitchen phone having sustained gsw's upstairs with officers then using tel and removing blood.  The soc shows NB was shot coming up the stairs and IMO had just made the call to JB. 
- Overlooked the fact bloodstain test results for the bible were not disclosed to the defence.  Missed an opportunity to win a point on the basis the bible was destroyed.

Aren't you jumping the gun a little here Holly? No points for submissions have even been handed to the CCRC yet and from his blog, it just sounds like same old to me.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 01:37:16 PM »
Aren't you jumping the gun a little here Holly? No points for submissions have even been handed to the CCRC yet and from his blog, it just sounds like same old to me.

I'm acting as an independent with a view to new forensic evidence going direct to DPP and/or media domestic and international.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 03:45:57 PM »
I'm acting as an independent with a view to new forensic evidence going direct to DPP and/or media domestic and international.

Good luck with that then.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 10:28:27 AM »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 06:27:22 PM »
*&(+(+

Seriously, I admire you for putting your money where your mouth is. I think you'll be wasting your time but good on you!  8((()*/

Offline John

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 01:43:50 PM »
Seriously, I admire you for putting your money where your mouth is. I think you'll be wasting your time but good on you!  8((()*/

Holly should have a word with our Daisy, she's been down that road with JB.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline puglove

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2018, 01:54:12 PM »
Sigh.

Holl, how can you waste so much time and talent on such an obviously guilty knobhead as Jeremy Bamber? Why can't you be more interested in hedgehogs? And how are you going to feel when Prudence comes to the same conclusion as Paul Harrison and CAL? Hmm?

*&^^&
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 06:14:35 PM »
Sigh.

Holl, how can you waste so much time and talent on such an obviously guilty knobhead as Jeremy Bamber? Why can't you be more interested in hedgehogs? And how are you going to feel when Prudence comes to the same conclusion as Paul Harrison and CAL? Hmm?

*&^^&

Hedgehogs?  I've got a prickly pussy to contend with.  Sigh!   
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 06:17:44 PM by Holly Goodhead »

david1819

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2018, 08:40:33 PM »
My first choice would be David Martin-Sperry who had some limited involvement with the case in the dim and distant past.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  If so on what basis do you think he/she is more suitable than DMS?   

http://www.charterchambers.com/our-people/barristers/david-martin-sperry.html

DMS has kind eyes/smile and can ski to instructor level all of which are a bonus! 

As far as know, Jeremy refers to MTQC as "My Lawyer" and as far as I know the COA don't like wasting time having another QC going over all the paperwork and prefer someone already familiar with the case.

The only reason MTQC stopped working for JB is because he refused to work with GDS. He seems to have been brought back into picture with GDS now gone.

As for DMS his last involvement was recommending JB go to the COA on the basis that the defence were deprived of evidence that could result in them arguing a third party committing the crime.

Offline puglove

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2018, 11:16:42 PM »
As far as know, Jeremy refers to MTQC as "My Lawyer" and as far as I know the COA don't like wasting time having another QC going over all the paperwork and prefer someone already familiar with the case.

The only reason MTQC stopped working for JB is because he refused to work with GDS. He seems to have been brought back into picture with GDS now gone.

As for DMS his last involvement was recommending JB go to the COA on the basis that the defence were deprived of evidence that could result in them arguing a third party committing the crime.

Probably the wrong thread here, sorry about that, but has it ever been noted by Bamber supporters that it was totally Taff's fault that the crime scene wasn't taped off and vital evidence was lost? The first of many clumsy mistakes by a bolshy (IMO) copper who misdirected a murder scene so that he could tidy things up, get the result he wanted, and get to the golf course in time.

Offline puglove

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2018, 11:38:33 PM »
Probably the wrong thread here, sorry about that, but has it ever been noted by Bamber supporters that it was totally Taff's fault that the crime scene wasn't taped off and vital evidence was lost? The first of many clumsy mistakes by a bolshy (IMO) copper who misdirected a murder scene so that he could tidy things up, get the result he wanted, and get to the golf course in time.

Apparently Taff (with his head full of golf balls) spent a few minutes looking at Sheila, the gun and the bible, before he decided that it was all done and dusted and he'd better shoot(!) off sharpish or he'd never catch his mates up on the green. He didn't realise that the bible was lying on Sheila's arm, and the angle of the first shot was impossible for Sheila to inflict to herself. He also didn't notice that Sheila had been pulled down (check her hair and the angle of her head) after the first shot.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2018, 08:51:33 PM »

One would have to question whether he went over the paperwork 2002 since he made such a pigs ear of it.  I can see an article in the Daily Mail by the likes of Leo McKinstry: U-Turner QC.  MTQC would need to do so many U turns he would lose all credibility.  I'll elaborate when I have more time.

I did say here one strike and you're out meaning DMS has also fluffed it when he too intended on pursuing the mixed blood theory:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8956.msg440104#msg440104

See attached

The only realistic chance JB has is if Nelly Red Belly gets readmitted to the bar and takes the case on with moi as his research asst and you as boy friday aka 3 muskateeers.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:54:28 PM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2018, 09:08:32 PM »

Chief Sup Harris was the most senior officer at soc, two ranks above DCI Jones, he arrived at SOC some two hours before DCI Jones and was one of the first to enter once made safe by raid team.  He effectively signed soc off as murder/suicide.  The golf thing is a myth.  Chief Sup Harris and DCI Jones departed WHF together for a pre-arranged meeting at GPO Chelmsford.