Author Topic: Beast on a bike targeted girl, 4, weeks before Maddie was snatched  (Read 5911 times)

Offline Kazcutt

Man on motorbike tried to snatch four-year-old girl close to Madeleine McCann apartment
By Keith Kendrick Nov 18, 2013
Filed under: Big kids
PA

A man on a motorbike tried to snatch a four-year-old girl yards from where Madeleine McCann vanished only weeks later, it has been revealed.

The man drove up to Tirna Duncan on a moped and reached out as if to grab her, according to the Sun on Sunday.

When he tried to grab Tirna, her parents spotted him and yelled at him as they gave chase. He sped off, pulled over, shoved the moped in the back of a white van and drove off.

Weird ... sketch of scruffy suspect who tried to kidnap Tirna

The Duncans gave details of the kidnap bid to the British Embassy and Irish police after they heard about three-year-old Madeleine.

Yet they have never been quizzed by Portuguese or British detectives.

Mum Shauna, 42, from Londonderry, Northern Ireland said: "Maddie would still be here if he had got Tirna. If we hadn't shouted, he would have lifted her."

The Duncans saw the goatee-bearded man lurking by their flat every day during their March 2007 stay in Praia de Luz and 'up to 30 times' in all.

Mum-of-five Shauna said: "No matter what time I looked, he'd be there. He was watching our children."

The family's two teenage daughters ran when they spotted him following them. A private detective did visit the Duncans and showed Tirna the sketch of the suspect.

Shauna recalls her saying: "That's the man who tried to get me."

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5266797/man-on-motorbike-tried-to-snatch-girl-yards-from-where-maddie-mccann-was-snatched.html
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:43:04 AM by Mr Moderator »

Offline jassi

Re: Beast on a bike targeted girl, 4, weeks before Maddie was snatched
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »
Another apparently unsubstantiated story - where does this one come from?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 12:11:59 PM »
Another apparently unsubstantiated story - where does this one come from?

The Sun on Sunday need I say more lol...

stephen25000

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »
The Sun on Sunday need I say more lol...

Nuf said. 8)-)))

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 12:30:06 PM »
Man on motorbike tried to snatch four-year-old girl close to Madeleine McCann apartment
By Keith Kendrick Nov 18, 2013
Filed under: Big kids
PA

A man on a motorbike tried to snatch a four-year-old girl yards from where Madeleine McCann vanished only weeks later, it has been revealed.

The man drove up to Tirna Duncan on a moped and reached out as if to grab her, according to the Sun on Sunday.

When he tried to grab Tirna, her parents spotted him and yelled at him as they gave chase. He sped off, pulled over, shoved the moped in the back of a white van and drove off.

The Duncans gave details of the kidnap bid to the British Embassy and Irish police after they heard about three-year-old Madeleine.

Yet they have never been quizzed by Portuguese or British detectives.

Mum Shauna, 42, from Londonderry, Northern Ireland said: "Maddie would still be here if he had got Tirna. If we hadn't shouted, he would have lifted her."

The Duncans saw the goatee-bearded man lurking by their flat every day during their March 2007 stay in Praia de Luz and 'up to 30 times' in all.

Mum-of-five Shauna said: "No matter what time I looked, he'd be there. He was watching our children."

The family's two teenage daughters ran when they spotted him following them. A private detective did visit the Duncans and showed Tirna the sketch of the suspect.

Shauna recalls her saying: "That's the man who tried to get me."

First off, how would they have actually seen the guys face, its ILLEGAL to drive a moped in Portugal without a helmet thats the first thing, and you would hardly want to draw attention to yourself by not wearing one.

Secondly how on earth would the guy snatch a child, then ride off on the moped with a 4 year old kicking and screaming...and why would there be a white van involved.....

I would expect the reason why this was never taken seriously is because really it isnt serious is it...or feasible...it makes no sense.

Lyall

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »
"Maddie would still be here if he had got Tirna. If we hadn't shouted, he would have lifted her." 8-)(--)

What a bizarre thing to say. Maddie would still be here if he had got my daughter? Odd.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »
"Maddie would still be here if he had got Tirna. If we hadn't shouted, he would have lifted her." 8-)(--)

What a bizarre thing to say. Maddie would still be here if he had got my daughter? Odd.

LOL yes i thought so too.

Why mention Maddy anyway didnt this happen BEFORE she went missing they would never have thought of Maddie and I find it even more odd, that their daughter was allegedgly targeted and they NEVER reported to the police until they heard about Maddy?

When he tried to grab Tirna, her parents spotted him

What do they mean SPOTTED him.....

Was the 3 year old not with the parents then....

Offline jassi

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 02:01:03 PM »
The whole thing sounds rather fishy.
 Why the Irish police, given that they live in Northern Ireland ?
And they were visited by private detectives, so presumably the McCanns also  knew about this alleged incident and didn't think it worthy of reporting either.
A touch of Mitchell, here, perhaps?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Lyall

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 02:16:45 PM »
The whole thing sounds rather fishy.
 Why the Irish police, given that they live in Northern Ireland ?
And they were visited by private detectives, so presumably the McCanns also  knew about this alleged incident and didn't think it worthy of reporting either.
A touch of Mitchell, here, perhaps?

Maybe, Jassi. But they didn't mention this witness or 'suspect' in Crimewatch, so I think we can safely assume it's not taken seriously.

Lyall

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »
LOL yes i thought so too.

Why mention Maddy anyway didnt this happen BEFORE she went missing they would never have thought of Maddie and I find it even more odd, that their daughter was allegedgly targeted and they NEVER reported to the police until they heard about Maddy?

When he tried to grab Tirna, her parents spotted him

What do they mean SPOTTED him.....

Was the 3 year old not with the parents then....

It's an odd story, Colombo. Maybe something did happen but the Met mustn't think there's any link or the incident would surely have been mentioned in Crimewatch - they mentioned pretty much everything else they could think of, but not this >@@(*&)

Redblossom

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 03:56:07 PM »
So the man was lurking by their flat up to thirty times on their holiday.....they must have been there for months or else he lurked morning noon and night.....
 8-)(--)

Lyall

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 05:47:54 PM »
So the man was lurking by their flat up to thirty times on their holiday.....they must have been there for months or else he lurked morning noon and night.....
 8-)(--)

Incognito Man wouldn't be much use to the tabloids 8)-)))

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 06:20:09 AM »
 8-)(--)

Its these sightings used by MEDIA that make such a mockery of the Madeleine case. Its just EYES ROLL, and most people just sigh and say not AGAIN.

Non of these sightings are designed to find the child, they are simply there to show that dirty creepy men were around PDL at the time she went missing so therefore she was abducted by one of them.

Yes I expect something happened but like everything, IF it was so bad surely the parents would have rang the police at the time?

I find all of these so draining. Poor Madeleine will never be found. The longer she is missing sadly the more money the MEDIA make...its a sick old world for sure. ?8)@)-)

Offline Rogerandout

• Upholder of Verifiable Scientific Truth
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 03:58:04 PM »
Its these sightings used by MEDIA that make such a mockery of the Madeleine case. Its just EYES ROLL, and most people just sigh and say not AGAIN.

Non of these sightings are designed to find the child, they are simply there to show that dirty creepy men were around PDL at the time she went missing so therefore she was abducted by one of them.

Yes I expect something happened but like everything, IF it was so bad surely the parents would have rang the police at the time?

I find all of these so draining. Poor Madeleine will never be found. The longer she is missing sadly the more money the MEDIA make...its a sick old world for sure. ?8)@)-)

Make up your mind- either it is the Press making money or the Mccanns have a nefarious plan. From what I can see you know nothing of the provenance of these stories, you are just grinding your axe in favour of your beliefs.
I

Lyall

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 04:04:30 PM »
Make up your mind- either it is the Press making money or the Mccanns have a nefarious plan. From what I can see you know nothing of the provenance of these stories, you are just grinding your axe in favour of your beliefs.

It's only a few weeks since Crimewatch, and most of the 'suspects' the papers keep recycling weren't mentioned. Doesn't that tell us they aren't actually taken seriously?