Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 111072 times)

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Carana

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #947 on: June 16, 2020, 10:28:56 AM »
As a Tory PM when the Teleraph and the Mail has the knives out for you then you’re really in trouble.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/06/13/boris-johnson-scrapped-cabinet-pandemic-committee-six-months/?utm_content=telegraph&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1592035247

Trump also disbanded the US government's pandemic team....
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-trump-fired-pandemic-team/partly-false-claim-trump-fired-pandemic-response-team-in-2018-idUSKBN21C32M

On the other hand, I don't think I'd have felt particularly reassured by a committee involving Gove and Hancock.

To be fair, it was apparently disbanded under May, not BoJo.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 10:31:47 AM by Carana »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #948 on: June 16, 2020, 11:04:54 AM »
Trump also disbanded the US government's pandemic team....
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-trump-fired-pandemic-team/partly-false-claim-trump-fired-pandemic-response-team-in-2018-idUSKBN21C32M

On the other hand, I don't think I'd have felt particularly reassured by a committee involving Gove and Hancock.

To be fair, it was apparently disbanded under May, not BoJo.

It was suspended by May, abolished by Johnson.

Offline Carana

« Reply #949 on: June 16, 2020, 11:08:23 AM »
It was suspended by May, abolished by Johnson.

Yes, ok. I read it too quickly.

Offline faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #951 on: June 19, 2020, 10:54:33 PM »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/matt-hancock-caught-out-ignoring-22209146

Unlike the BLM gangs peaceful marches. they all never broke any rules at all. ^*&&

Oh is this just a tory finger pointing thread?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #952 on: June 21, 2020, 12:14:23 PM »
Unlike the BLM gangs peaceful marches. they all never broke any rules at all. ^*&&

Oh is this just a tory finger pointing thread?

I must have missed that. Can you point out where any BLM protestor has gone on television to tell us to stand 2 metres apart to save lives ? Hancock the hypocrite most certainly did.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #953 on: June 21, 2020, 12:23:19 PM »
Many BLM protesters have shown nothing but contempt for social distancing measures, but the same hypocrites would be only too delighted to point the finger at Matt Hancock for breaking social distancing measures.  It seems if you're a Tory you should be publicly shamed for it but if you're a black protester you should be venerated for it.  Lovely double standards. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #954 on: June 21, 2020, 04:51:06 PM »
I must have missed that. Can you point out where any BLM protestor has gone on television to tell us to stand 2 metres apart to save lives ? Hancock the hypocrite most certainly did.

Hancock the hypocrite as you call him (laughing at BLM not being hypocrites), was/is going on scientific advice by 'experts' So not really his hot potato is it?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #955 on: June 21, 2020, 07:30:54 PM »
Hancock the hypocrite as you call him (laughing at BLM not being hypocrites), was/is going on scientific advice by 'experts' So not really his hot potato is it?

So what expert told him to stand with his arm around his colleague instead of 2ms apart ?

Offline faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #957 on: June 28, 2020, 07:08:34 PM »
Sir Mark Sedwill: UK's top civil servant to stand down as cabinet secretary and national security adviser

The UK's top civil servant and national security adviser to Boris Johnson is stepping down, the government has announced.

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-mark-sedwill-uks-top-civil-servant-to-stand-down-as-cabinet-secretary-and-national-security-adviser-12016983

In view of both Covid-19 and Brexit, is this really the best timing for a major overhaul of the civil service?

Offline barrier

« Reply #958 on: June 28, 2020, 08:20:15 PM »
Sir Mark Sedwill: UK's top civil servant to stand down as cabinet secretary and national security adviser

The UK's top civil servant and national security adviser to Boris Johnson is stepping down, the government has announced.

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-mark-sedwill-uks-top-civil-servant-to-stand-down-as-cabinet-secretary-and-national-security-adviser-12016983

In view of both Covid-19 and Brexit, is this really the best timing for a major overhaul of the civil service?

Guess it depends whether Johnson thinks he's been badly advised, all that fuss and bother about Cummings came to nowt though.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #959 on: June 28, 2020, 09:01:22 PM »

Another Cummings casualty?