Author Topic: Criticism of the Find Madeleine Fund and Review  (Read 53230 times)

Offline TTSOFAFM

Re: Criticism of the Find Madeleine Fund and Review
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2013, 12:33:46 AM »
No TT this was the article I was thinking of http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-490254/McCanns-hiding-big-secret-police-chief-claims.html

McCanns 'are hiding a big secret', former police chief claims
Last updated at 14:34 28 October 2007

Kate and Gerry McCann are hiding a "big secret" about the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine, according a former police chief claims.
John Stalker, who headed a famous inquiry into whether suspected IRA men were killed by RUC officers, is suspicious of their silence.
Scroll down for more...

Expert analysis: Former police chief John Stalker believes the McCanns are hiding a secret
Read more...
McCanns face agonising wait to clear their names
The former Deputy Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police told the Sunday Express: ?My gut instinct is that some big secret is probably being covered up.
?I have watched the investigation into the Madeleine McCann case drag out for six months.
?One thing above all worries me: Why have the McCanns and the seven other members of their group ? the Tapas Nine ? remained so silent?
?Unlike other high-profile cases I have worked on, not one of them has been prepared to break ranks or really come out and support each other.
?After all this time and pressure, I cannot believe that nobody wants to speak.
?I have a real suspicion that we are not being told the whole truth. There is something else there, some issue that members of the party are embarrassed about?

Well your article is from the Daily Mail in which they quote the Daily Express. My article is the Daily Express article which is the correct one.  So what are your opinions now?  Now that you have read exactly what John Stalker said.

Offline gilet

« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2013, 12:34:27 AM »
Back to the OP then.  It is highly understandable why the Fund was created and why they applied for the Trademark.

Trademark  ? 

What trademark  ?

18 May 2007

Trademark application filed

The campaign to find Madeleine McCann has applied for British and European trademarks to protect its fundraising, internet and print promotions. The applications, which were filed on May 18, seek to protect the name "Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned". The European application also seeks protection for the provision of social services and advice for people affected by missing children.

Source: The Times 14 August 2007 (link)

Normal practice for any business to apply to trademark the business name. I am sure that would have been done by any competent solicitor or other person setting up the Fund.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2013, 12:34:35 AM »

Because I believe that Madeleine was the victim of stranger abduction -  then to NOT support the McCanns is to support the abductor(s) IMO.    Thanks but no thanks.
What about Madeleine abducted not from bed, but from outside, searching for her parents? Is not supporting Mr and Mrs McCann also supporting the abductor ?

icabodcrane

« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2013, 12:35:59 AM »

Yes Schengen ones. Police roadblocks can be put on any road anywhere including at Schengen borders.
Roadblocks ? But the carrier was walking..

Kate says in her book that before the police had arrived  (  whilst she was banging her fists on the metal  railings of the veranda )  David Payne was already remarking :

"We need roadblocks set up. The borders to Spain, Morocco and Algiers need to be alerted"

They weren't outside searching ditches and gardens looking for her  ...  they were immediately talking about Morocco and Algiers ! 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 12:39:11 AM by icabodcrane »

Offline gilet

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2013, 12:36:31 AM »
No TT this was the article I was thinking of http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-490254/McCanns-hiding-big-secret-police-chief-claims.html

Kate and Gerry McCann are hiding a "big secret" about the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine, according a former police chief claims.
John Stalker, who headed a famous inquiry into whether suspected IRA men were killed by RUC officers, is suspicious of their silence.
Scroll down for more...

Expert analysis: Former police chief John Stalker believes the McCanns are hiding a secret
Read more...
The former Deputy Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police told the Sunday Express: ?My gut instinct is that some big secret is probably being covered up.
?I have watched the investigation into the Madeleine McCann case drag out for six months.
?One thing above all worries me: Why have the McCanns and the seven other members of their group ? the Tapas Nine ? remained so silent?
?Unlike other high-profile cases I have worked on, not one of them has been prepared to break ranks or really come out and support each other.
?I have a real suspicion that we are not being told the whole truth. There is something else there, some issue that members of the party are embarrassed about?

Well your article is from the Daily Mail in which they quote the Daily Express. My article is the Daily Express article which is the correct one.  So what are your opinions now?  Now that you have read exactly what John Stalker said.

Personally I prefer direct quotes over reported second-hand comments any day.

I wonder why people go to this Mail article and ignore the original.

Well really, I don't wonder, I know. Because the original with the actual quotes doesn't fit their agenda so they go to the less reliable source which does.

icabodcrane

« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2013, 12:37:46 AM »
Back to the OP then.  It is highly understandable why the Fund was created and why they applied for the Trademark.

Trademark  ? 

What trademark  ?

18 May 2007

The campaign to find Madeleine McCann has applied for British and European trademarks to protect its fundraising, internet and print promotions. The applications, which were filed on May 18, seek to protect the name "Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned". The European application also seeks protection for the provision of social services and advice for people affected by missing children.

ah right,  I see  (  thanks for that )  ...  something advised by lawyers I suppose  ?

Offline gilet

« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2013, 12:38:57 AM »

Yes Schengen ones. Police roadblocks can be put on any road anywhere including at Schengen borders.

Kate says in her book that before the police had arrived  (  whilst she was banging her fist on the metal  railings of the veranda )  David Payne was already remarking :

"We need roadblocks set up. The borders to Spain, Morocco and Algiers need to be alerted"

They weren't outside searching ditches and gardens looking for her  ...  they were immediately talking about Morocco and Agiers !

Yes, its that lack of empathy and understanding again.

Can you not understand that when something happens as traumatic as a child going missing people might say and do anything which might just might possibly have an effect.

Clearly you wouldn't give a damm about the borders if your child went missing. But most sane people would realise that your lack of concern is not normal.

Offline Benice

« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2013, 12:39:17 AM »

He was walking when Jane Tanner saw him - but that doesn't mean he didnt end up in a car does it?

The police didn't know about the Smith sighting until much later - and so their sighting didn't come into the equation at the time of the abduction - only Jane Tanners.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline gilet

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2013, 12:39:36 AM »

Trademark  ? 

What trademark  ?

18 May 2007

ah right,  I see  (  thanks for that )  ...  something advised by lawyers I suppose  ?

Almost certainly.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2013, 12:39:42 AM »

Scroll down for more...

Read more...

You mean the utterly truthful Express who paid the McCanns an out of court settlement of half a million pounds for telling lies about them, that Express ?

Care to supply a link for the Express article ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline TTSOFAFM

« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2013, 12:40:46 AM »

Scroll down for more...

Read more...

Personally I prefer direct quotes over reported second-hand comments any day.

I wonder why people go to this Mail article and ignore the original.

Well really, I don't wonder, I know. Because the original with the actual quotes doesn't fit their agenda so they go to the less reliable source which does.
Hit the nail on the head there Gilet. 

AnneGuedes

« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2013, 12:41:06 AM »

What a stupid comment? Do you really think the abductor carried on walking for ever? That makes you look insane.
Ad hominem when no other available argument ! Easier than thinking ! How do you know whether this child carrier had a car ? All the witnesses saw him walking !

Offline gilet

« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2013, 12:41:29 AM »

He was walking when Jane Tanner saw him - but that doesn't mean he didnt end up in a car does it?

The police didn't know about the Smith sighting until much later - and so their sighting didn't come into the equation at the time of the abduction - only Jane Tanners.

Exactly, the only knowledge the McCanns had of walking was within a few metres of the apartment. Car could have been around the corner for all they knew.

Offline gilet

« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2013, 12:43:52 AM »

What a stupid comment? Do you really think the abductor carried on walking for ever? That makes you look insane.
Ad hominem when no other available argument ! Easier than thinking ! How do you know whether this child carrier had a car ? All the witnesses saw him walking !

No I was not commenting directly on your sanity which would have been AD HOMINEM. (directed at the person).

If you read very, very carefully you will see that I was very clear that I was commenting on the content of your post which in its utter and ridiculous naivety "makes you look insane".

Please do try and recognise the difference. The term Ad Hominem has a very precise meaning. Its the sort of basic thing you learn in language courses at good universities as I did.

icabodcrane

« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2013, 12:44:01 AM »

Kate says in her book that before the police had arrived  (  whilst she was banging her fist on the metal  railings of the veranda )  David Payne was already remarking :

They weren't outside searching ditches and gardens looking for her  ...  they were immediately talking about Morocco and Agiers !

Yes, its that lack of empathy and understanding again.

Can you not understand that when something happens as traumatic as a child going missing people might say and do anything which might just might possibly have an effect.

Clearly you wouldn't give a damm about the borders if your child went missing. But most sane people would realise that your lack of concern is not normal.

Well,  there it is

I would have been like Holly Wells father,  who rode his bike through the streets like a madman  screaming  his little girls name out into the darkness  (  God love him ) 

I think that's  normal ...  and I am glad to differ with you in that respect