Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284456 times)

Alfie

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2016, 03:35:56 PM »
The UK and western Europe is the US' front line of defence just as it was in 1945.  If Europe were to fall into the hands of some anti US rogue State then the US itself would be in great peril.  Work it out for yourself.
Some rogue state like Russia you mean, fronted by Putin who is currently engaged in a love-in with the Donald?  What would you like me to work out exactly?

Offline Carana

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2016, 04:28:09 PM »
Haven't I heard what?  I've heard Trump threaten to withdraw protection for NATO countries, remove US soldiers from European soil and demand that Europe spends more to protect themselves, all the while making goo-goo eyes at Putin, what have I missed?

I'm wondering as well. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one finding this situation somewhat scary.

Offline John

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2016, 04:38:33 PM »
The number of foreign tourists arriving in London continues to grow since the pound dropped slightly against all foreign currencies following the Brexit vote.  It's an ill wind that doesn't blow somebody some good!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-28/brexit-vote-sends-tourists-flocking-to-london-to-buy-buy-buy

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:43:08 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline misty

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2016, 05:15:29 PM »
The number of foreign tourists arriving in London continues to grow since the pound dropped slightly against all foreign currencies following the Brexit vote.  It's an ill wind that doesn't blow somebody some good!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-28/brexit-vote-sends-tourists-flocking-to-london-to-buy-buy-buy

Burberry only has 2 production units in the UK, one in Castleford producing raincoats & a small facility in Keighley. Of its 500 worldwide stores, only 23 are in the UK.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burberry
Extra sales in the UK are just less sales in the purchasers' own countries of residence.

I wonder where the company pays their UK tax liability?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/pricewaterhousecoopers-condemned-for-giving-misleading-evidence-to-parliament-and-promoting-tax-10027344.html

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2016, 11:02:55 AM »
Will this affect prices in Poundland? Will I get more or less for my money in these stores?

TM needs to surround herself with the right people and not 'politicians' or fact cat Unions- or religious leaders who want to 'pray for us'. She needs to seek out talent based on sound evidence, and experience of starting and running a successful company, which has an ethical and moral attitude to workforce.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2016, 09:46:03 PM »
Will this affect prices in Poundland? Will I get more or less for my money in these stores?

TM needs to surround herself with the right people and not 'politicians' or fact cat Unions- or religious leaders who want to 'pray for us'. She needs to seek out talent based on sound evidence, and experience of starting and running a successful company, which has an ethical and moral attitude to workforce.

Like Sports Direct  8)-)))

Alfie

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2016, 10:52:12 PM »
The Sunday TImes is reporting that Brexit will be delayed until the end of 2019 (that's if it ever happens at all!)

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2016, 11:11:24 PM »

poundland?........have you tried the 99p shop....it's slightly better value

Offline puglove

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2016, 11:32:03 PM »

davel!! You're back from your "gardening leave"!! Ho ho!!

Is poundland where you buy your pants and Crocs?     8**8:/:
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

stephen25000

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2016, 05:41:31 PM »
@)(++(*    they never stop trying!

Well that is true of the brexit supporters. 8**8:/:

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2016, 07:54:08 PM »

Why Davel, I have my standards, I always got for quality not price, hence why poundland is the very jobby for me. 8**8:/:

Little nic nic ( chief fish Sturgeon) Scottish dictator extraordinaire, is doing every thing, in her dictatorship castle to stop the nasty engerlish from taking us out of the EU, WELL how very,very dare they... Her education policy , and education ( sN.....s) has let her down by not providing actual figures of who wanted to go and who wanted to stay just a bland percent of a figure  which did not reflect the (will of the people) at all. Talk about making it up!  what she and many others don't get is the Scottish people,  nay the MAJORITY of the Scottish people did not want to leave the UK, So as the UK voted to leave she has no real case to complain, seems she doesn't like the Scottish people doing things like erm.. voting. So what her new plan  is  is to have another Referendum to ask the Scottish people to leave the UK but to stay in the EU.... Erm scuse me Mrs English Prime minister can we use your air space to fly to the EU countries?   what a corker she is!..an you renew my visa for Cornwall?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2016, 05:10:45 PM »
Theresa May is being very clear on Brexit;

"We must be clear that we are going to make a success of it - that means no second referendum, no attempts to sort of stay in the EU by the back door. That we are actually going to deliver on it."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37219143
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2016, 06:12:22 PM »

"We must be clear that we are going to make a success of it - that means no second referendum, no attempts to sort of stay in the EU by the back door. That we are actually going to deliver on it."

Deliver what exactly ?

A rose by any other name...........................

Offline John

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2016, 07:27:57 PM »

She right on the ball and will make a success of it. The key negotiation will be on immigration versus the single market.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:11:47 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2016, 07:34:18 PM »
She right on the ball and will make a success of it. The key negotiation will be on immigration versus the single market.

Don't count your chickens yet.

By the way, what experience does May have in this area of politics ?

Try looking up 'mishcon de reya'.