Author Topic: Barry George revisited.  (Read 170697 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Barry George revisited.
« Reply #765 on: May 14, 2019, 11:30:32 AM »

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
4h
Good grief...people don’t have enough work to do! #getalife There are more important things to get agitated about than TV presenters
https://mobile.twitter.com/EveningStandard/status/1118094287059603456

Helga Speck
@HelgaSpeck
·
3h
Replying to
@EveningStandard
I love Sir David's programmes and he has done so much to make people aware of the planet.  Madeley really needs to look at himself, his own misdeeds instead of pointing the finger elsewhere.

Seems it not only the justice gap who are withdrawing articles/comments etc from the world wide web
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:32:44 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #766 on: May 14, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »
Seems it not only the justice gap who are withdrawing articles/comments etc from the world wide web

My mistake https://mobile.twitter.com/Michelle_Diskin/status/1118096335436165120
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #767 on: May 14, 2019, 12:34:48 PM »
Mike Bourke

“On the way I read an article in the Sunday Express by James Murray. The headline read ‘FAMILY FEAR FOR DANDO’s KILLER’. It had a large photo of Jill Dando and inserts of Barry and Susan. It was another Michelle / MOJO story claiming that Barry was not getting the correct medication for his epilepsy. Margaret refused to look at the article.

⚠️ 🔔 ⚠️ 🔔

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #768 on: May 14, 2019, 01:27:02 PM »
Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀 Retweeted

Prof David Wilson
@ProfDavidWilson
Watching #JillDando on #BBC1 - serious and sober but 1. The miscarriage against George is significant and the circumstances of it typical of other miscarriages; 2. Why a contract killing was ruled out still baffles and is for me the most likely scenario

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProfDavidWilson/status/1113184617966825473

*&^^&

JILL DANDO MURDER Why haven’t they found my pal’s killer, says Sir Cliff
Daily Express25 Apr 2019By James Murray and John Twomey

“Michelle Diskin Bates, the sister of Barry George, appears alongside him. She is critical of a BBC documentary, aired earlier this month, which she says effectively put her brother on trial for a third time. Neither she nor her brother were interviewed for the BBC programme: “I feel balance has been partially restored by ITV’s investigation.”
Barry will travel from his home in Cork to watch it with his sister and they will appear on the Good Morning show today to discuss the case. Although an Old Bailey jury cleared him of murder, Barry’s name is still, a decade on, dragged into speculation about the death, says Michelle. Barry continues to protest his innocence. He says: “My conscience was clear. I know I hadn’t done it.”
For retired policeman Hamish Campbell, the officer who was in charge of the case, the key piece of missing evidence is the murder weapon – the handgun used to fire the modified sound-reducing bullet.With the passage of 20 years hopes of finding the gun have all but faded although Campbell hasn’t ruled it out.
David Wilson, a well-known TV criminologist who appears regularly on the BBC, believes a professional hitman shot Dando through the head on the doorstep of her home in Gowan Avenue, Fulham, just after 11.30am that day.
For his latest book, My Life with Murderers, Professor Wilson had a clandestine meeting with a professional hitman at a cafe, which backed up his theory.
The hitman said: “An amateur might shoot them in the body, might be a bit squeamish, one in the body first to see how it goes.
“That was someone who has killed before. Someone who has just walked up and boom. Probably tried for the second shot, couldn’t get it and just walked away.”
Former Scotland Yard detective Mark Williams-Thomas claimed that he knew the name of the hitman responsible but said they needed more information before they could investigate this claim

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #769 on: May 14, 2019, 01:36:52 PM »
Further excerpts
”The report appeared on Sunday and referred to the Panorama programme which was being made by Raphael Rowe. It mentioned two jurors who were having doubts and who apparently were willing to appear on the programme. It also mentioned that FBI agents criticised the Met Polices handling of the single particle evidence. On Monday Raphael asked me not to discuss the programme with MOJO. I replied that I had fallen out with them in 2001 due to the News of the World article. But I feared that a last minute hitch might have negative consequences and so I texted Michelle asking her to urge discretion on MOJO. She replied that they hadn’t known about the programme. In mid-August following a BBC Radio 4 programme I contacted Professor Elizabeth Loftus PHD. Elizabeth is an American memory expert based in Stanford University. Elizabeth later expressed concerns over eyewitness testimony which largely helped to convict Barry. She agreed to be added to the list of ‘concerned’, her concern being based on witness identification. Her website reads: ‘Elizabeth Loftus studies human memory. Her experiments show how memories can be changed by things we are told. Facts, ideas, suggestions and other post-event information can modify our memories. The legal field, so reliant on memories has been a significant application of the memory research’. Unknown to us on September 4th a Forensic Science Service report prepared for the CCRC dismissed the FDR evidence which dammed Barry as inconclusive. In their opinion it provided no support for the prosecutions case that Barry had killed Jill Dando. It would be another year before we became aware of that. Raphael Rowe phoned me to say that the Panorama-George programme would be broadcast on September 5th. I took a day’s holiday to watch it because as luck would have it I was on a late shift and I feared I would not get to see it. At 07.33 Pat Reynolds sent me a text message to say that BBC Radio 4 News was reporting on the programme every half hour.
It was also on BBC News 24, and RTE Radio 2FM. For me at least it was exciting news as this was the biggest development since the 2002 appeal and I felt I had helped in some small way to make it happen. The Telegraph reported that the programme cost £ 250,000 to produce and took Raphael two years to investigate. In response to criticism of Raphael a spokesman for the BBC said: ‘Raphael is a first class investigative journalist with five years experience reporting from a range of BBC outlets… He is a wholly appropriate presenter for this programme, which meets the usual criteria for impartiality, fairness and accuracy’.
At 21.00 I settled down to watch Panorama. It began with Raphael saying to Barry over Margaret’s telephone ‘so you didn’t kill Jill?’ …’ course not, replied a surprised Barry. Then the photo of Barry which I got taken at Whitemoor was shown alongside the prison envelope in which it was returned to me after the prison refused to allow Barry to have it. CCTV footage of Jill Dando on her last journey and a clip of 29 Gowan Avenue was shown, and Helen Doble’s 999 phone call was played. It ran through Barry being questioned, his visit to HAFAD and Susan Bicknell’s meeting with him. It was Susan’s first day at HAFAD and she recorded the time of his visit. Two days later Barry called back asking staff to recall the exact time of his earlier visit. A week later Susan typed an account of her meeting with Barry for the police and she wrote the time of his visit as 11.50. That seriously undermined the Crown’s case that Barry shot Jill Dando after 11.30, returned home by a circuitous route to change his clothes and then went to HAFAD. There would not be enough time to do that and be at HAFAD before 12.10 according to Raphael who walked the Crown’s suggested route. But Susan revealed that at court she was unwell and suffered a breakdown shortly afterwards. She felt upset that her illness might have caused the jury to doubt her and that they might have convicted Barry as an indirect result of her illness.

New gun evidence
 Barry George
Sunday Express 3 Sep 2006By James Murray

“MAJOR new doubts have been cast on the conviction of Barry George for the murder of TV presenter Jill Dando.
Two developments focus on a speck of gunpowder which was a crucial part of the case against him in 2001. A ballistics expert has claimed the speck discovered by police in a pocket of a blue Cecil Gee coat found at George’s flat did not even come from a gun.
Also, a former Crown Prosecution Service barrister has sent a confidential email to lawyers acting for George, who has always denied the murder, suggesting the speck might have come from a police firing range.
Venice- based Professor Marco Morin, who helps Italian police with ballistics analysis in mafia trials, has spent six months working for the BBC on the gunpowder evidence after being supplied exact details of the substance forensic experts found in George’s coat. Last night he told the Sunday Express: “It was said to be gunshot residue but I told the BBC that it was nothing of the sort. If anything it was something from exhaust fumes or smoke particles. It was definitely not gunshot residue.”
Prof Morin, a military historian, has written several books on gunpowder and firearms and has been involved in several high- profile Italian murder cases. He was also recently asked to contribute to a programme on the 1963 assassination of US President John F Kennedy.
Although he did not have the particle itself, he reconstructed it in his laboratory after being given details of its constituents.
The weapon used to shoot 37-yearold Crimewatch presenter Miss Dando on the doorstep of her London home in April 1999 has never been found. Police said the gunpowder speck was key evidence that George, 46, had concealed the murder weapon in his coat after the crime.
The Crown Prosecution Service barrister, who retired from the CPS in 2003, contacted a lawyer working for the Miscarriage of Justice Organisation, which is working closely with George’s lawyer Jeremy Moore. He passed the information to the Criminal Cases Review Commission, (CCRC) which will soon decide whether to refer the case back to the Court of Appeal based on the new evidence.
He told them: “Before I left the CPS a retiring senior Met police officer told me that the forensic team that examined Barry George’s flat was from Marylebone Police Station. It had an indoor firing range at that time and may still have. Like most police stations of size there is a canteen which is used by all Met staff and some visitors. Anyone using the range and anyone in the forensic team could have had close contact.”
In another development, the CCRC has interviewed key witness Susan Mayes, who picked George out of an identity parade a year after the murder.
Her evidence at the trial was that she had been on her way to work when she saw George in Gowan Avenue at 7am on the day of the murder. She described him as a stocky, slightly overweight man, with black shoulder-length hair, olive skin, no facial hair wearing a black suit with an open-necked white shirt.
Witnesses have given information to the commission questioning her account. There were claims that she was not working at the time but Ms Mayes told the Sunday Express : “They (the CCRC) asked me if I was working at the time. I was on my way to work when I saw what I saw.”
Lawyers for George have asked the CCRC to consider that on the day of the murder George’s hairstyle was distinctly short.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #770 on: May 14, 2019, 01:48:14 PM »
David Dobbins, who was then aged 13, was also living there with his family. "He recalls the defendant showing him an imitation Heckler & Koch machine gun and a gas mask," said counsel.

"He told Susan Combe, another resident, that he collected guns and showed her a handgun and a machine pistol.

"She once went to his room and was shown a third gun which was kept in a small cardboard box. It was silver in colour, highly polished and smaller than the other two weapons she had seen."

Mr Pownall said the Dobbins family moved to a basement flat in Pelham street and one evening, there was a knock on the door.

He added: "It was the defendant, who was dressed in combat gear and wearing a balaclava.

"He entered into the hallway holding a handgun and there was a loud bang. After the initial panic resulting from his arrival had subsided, the defendant removed the balaclava and showed those present the gun.

"The defendant also took blank firing rounds of ammunition from his pocket and showed them to David Dobbins. They were gold in colour and there was no head.

"The tops of the cases were flat and covered with a coloured wax. When he left the flat he placed a hundgun in the waistband of his jeans."

In 1987/8, George was living in Crookham Road when David Dobbins, Eugene Mahoney and two other friends went to the flat and climbed in through an open window.

"The defendant was not in and they stole the blank firing pistol and imitation Heckler & Koch machine pistol," said Mr Pownall.

"It appears that they did not find the silver coloured handgun in the shoebox described by Susan Coombe.

"The present whereabouts of that gun are unknown."

Mr Dobbins was shown a number of photographs developed by police from negatives found at George's home which showed George "wearing a respirator and holding a gun".

"He identified the gun as the one he had seen used by the defendant on the occasion that he entered the Pelham Road address and discharged a blank round," said Mr Pownall.

"A firearms expert has looked at the photographs. Certain features enable him to identify it as a Bruni blank firing pistol. Part of the frame has been cut away exposing the spring mechanism.

"I told you (the jury) earlier that the gun used to kill Miss Dando had a smooth-bored barrel which had either been converted from a blank-firing pistol to one capable of firing bullets or a deactivated weapon which had been similarly converted.

"In due course, you may wish to consider why the defendant appears to have altered the structure of the Bruni pistol."
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-43483/Dando-killed-single-bullet.html

Barry is also a victim’
Sunday Express24 Jun 2007

“George admits he had a heavy plastic MP5 machine gun and an imitation Bruni made from die-cast metal. He claims he bought the replicas from a shop in West Sussex because he was a member of the Film Artistes Association, which deals with film and TV extras, and needed them as props.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #771 on: May 14, 2019, 02:27:05 PM »
New gun evidence
 Barry George

“MAJOR new doubts have been cast on the conviction of Barry George for the murder of TV presenter Jill Dando.
Two developments focus on a speck of gunpowder which was a crucial part of the case against him in 2001. A ballistics expert has claimed the speck discovered by police in a pocket of a blue Cecil Gee coat found at George’s flat did not even come from a gun.
Also, a former Crown Prosecution Service barrister has sent a confidential email to lawyers acting for George, who has always denied the murder, suggesting the speck might have come from a police firing range.
Venice- based Professor Marco Morin, who helps Italian police with ballistics analysis in mafia trials, has spent six months working for the BBC on the gunpowder evidence after being supplied exact details of the substance forensic experts found in George’s coat. Last night he told the Sunday Express: “It was said to be gunshot residue but I told the BBC that it was nothing of the sort. If anything it was something from exhaust fumes or smoke particles. It was definitely not gunshot residue.”
Prof Morin, a military historian, has written several books on gunpowder and firearms and has been involved in several high- profile Italian murder cases. He was also recently asked to contribute to a programme on the 1963 assassination of US President John F Kennedy.
Although he did not have the particle itself, he reconstructed it in his laboratory after being given details of its constituents.
The weapon used to shoot 37-yearold Crimewatch presenter Miss Dando on the doorstep of her London home in April 1999 has never been found. Police said the gunpowder speck was key evidence that George, 46, had concealed the murder weapon in his coat after the crime.
The Crown Prosecution Service barrister, who retired from the CPS in 2003, contacted a lawyer working for the Miscarriage of Justice Organisation, which is working closely with George’s lawyer Jeremy Moore. He passed the information to the Criminal Cases Review Commission, (CCRC) which will soon decide whether to refer the case back to the Court of Appeal based on the new evidence.
He told them: “Before I left the CPS a retiring senior Met police officer told me that the forensic team that examined Barry George’s flat was from Marylebone Police Station. It had an indoor firing range at that time and may still have. Like most police stations of size there is a canteen which is used by all Met staff and some visitors. Anyone using the range and anyone in the forensic team could have had close contact.”
In another development, the CCRC has interviewed key witness Susan Mayes, who picked George out of an identity parade a year after the murder.
Her evidence at the trial was that she had been on her way to work when she saw George in Gowan Avenue at 7am on the day of the murder. She described him as a stocky, slightly overweight man, with black shoulder-length hair, olive skin, no facial hair wearing a black suit with an open-necked white shirt.
Witnesses have given information to the commission questioning her account. There were claims that she was not working at the time but Ms Mayes told the Sunday Express : “They (the CCRC) asked me if I was working at the time. I was on my way to work when I saw what I saw.”
Lawyers for George have asked the CCRC to consider that on the day of the murder George’s hairstyle was distinctly short.

“Also, a former Crown Prosecution Service barrister has sent a confidential email to lawyers acting for George, who has always denied the murder, suggesting the speck might have come from a police firing range.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #772 on: May 14, 2019, 02:57:20 PM »
New gun evidence
 Barry George

“Venice- based Professor Marco Morin, who helps Italian police with ballistics analysis in mafia trials, has spent six months working for the BBC on the gunpowder evidence after being supplied exact details of the substance forensic experts found in George’s coat. Last night he told the Sunday Express: “It was said to be gunshot residue but I told the BBC that it was nothing of the sort. If anything it was something from exhaust fumes or smoke particles. It was definitely not gunshot residue.”

Offline Nicholas

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:57:12 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #775 on: May 15, 2019, 12:31:15 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/JEMilneSky

Mr Badenoch QC adds “Police found the beginnings of his ‘Memoirs’ and a document called ‘Too Many Secrets’.”
https://mobile.twitter.com/JEMilneSky/status/1128618975242399746

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #776 on: May 15, 2019, 04:44:05 PM »
Mr Badenoch QC adds “Police found the beginnings of his ‘Memoirs’ and a document called ‘Too Many Secrets’.”
https://mobile.twitter.com/JEMilneSky/status/1128618975242399746

“The sort of individual concerned only for himself, unconcerned with the impact on others
;
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7030951/VIP-paedophile-ring-fantasist-known-Nick-created-fake-second-accuser-called-Fred.html

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #777 on: May 16, 2019, 11:10:00 AM »
Troll Exposure blog:
“In 2003, Williams-Thomas was charged with blackmail, he was subsequently found not guilty by a jury, however that charge alone and the investigation around it should’ve been a red flag. Especially as evidence was found on Williams-Thomas’ computer(s) that he was offering to sell “victim” information to the media in 2001. “Victim” information which was basically confidential information which should’ve remained within the offices of … Surrey Police.
However, it didn’t raise a red flag.

“In 2009, Williams-Thomas presented a two part ITV documentary entitled “To Catch a Paedophile”. He and a production team were allowed access into police investigations and police units revealing the methods employed to catch such offenders. Interestingly the series director/producer of that documentary is Lesley Gardiner who was also the same producer/director of the Exposure programme and also of Williams-Thomas’ Investigator series. Draw your own conclusions from that.
What it does suggest however is that Gardiner and Williams-Thomas had an existing working relationship on a very specific topic.

March 2015 - Mark Williams Thomas
Police let Jill Dando down and now they MUST launch a new hunt for her killer
“The Mirror is launching a major series revealing the secrets behind the investigation into the murder of one of Britain’s best-loved TV presenters, Jill Dando.

So after all the careful analysis I set about with my producer Lesley Gardiner to start to pull the strands together to make a documentary and build up this investigation with the Mirror.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-let-jill-dando-down-5415482

DS Lewis called to the witness stand. Has been an officer for 19 years. In 2012 was with Wiltshire Police.

“He first learnt of a man called Carl Beech’s from a report from the MET police, a referral from Op Yewtree - the investigation into allegations against Jimmy Savile.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #778 on: May 16, 2019, 11:12:21 AM »

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
Dan Didio: DC Comics to release blasphemous series about Jesus - Sign: (link: http://www.citizengo.org/en/md/167848-dc-comics-slated-release-blasphemous-series-about-jesus?tc=tw&tcid=53287472) citizengo.org/en/md/167848-d…
Why is it ok to offend Christians but not LGBT, Muhammad , Buddha, trans people? I think this is awful. I won’t be hurtful or disrespectful to any group...except paedophiles
[/u]
https://mobile.twitter.com/Michelle_Diskin/status/1086345633823408128

“There is probably no word in the English language that currently triggers a witch-hunt faster than this little gem: paedophile. https://www.legalcheek.com/2015/06/top-barrister-sparks-social-media-row-with-telly-copper-over-janner-trial-of-facts/

Troll Exposure blog
Which brings me to another supposition and theory: that Williams-Thomas is at the forefront of a media and police campaign, he is the link between police and media. He fulfils his own stated ambition of being a “middle man” for such matters but by doing so he’s effectively removed the chances of fair trials in many of the cases which he’s leaked information about to the media.
The key to his need to do so is personal ambition in my opinion. However it needs a willing set of players around him, the Murdoch empire stand out as the main willing recipients, the police are clearly leaking operational material through him. Operation Yewtree was leaking more than a sieve with a massive rusted hole in the bottom. The public clamour for arrests and guilty verdicts was being tub-thumped by the actions of Williams-Thomas in leaking such material to the media. And in order to not make the connection to the Murdoch empire so obvious every now and again he would pass other details to the likes of the BBC or the Mirror Group. Spread the wealth.

Read more here:
https://trollexposure.wordpress.com/2019/05/04/may-the-force-be-with-the-force/

At that time DS Lewis says he asked for clarification of details of his father and his immediate family. Reading from the police log, DS Lewis says Mr Beech disclosed the name of his step father and Jimmy Savile only.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #779 on: May 16, 2019, 11:17:50 AM »

DS Lewis called to the witness stand. Has been an officer for 19 years. In 2012 was with Wiltshire Police.

“He first learnt of a man called Carl Beech’s from a report from the MET police, a referral from Op Yewtree - the investigation into allegations against Jimmy Savile.

Conversation

Mark Williams-Thomas
@mwilliamsthomas
Discussing at 10.50 on
@thismorning
 with Barry George his wrongful conviction for the murder of Jill Dando in 1999 - whose case still remains unsolved .
10:18 am · 2 Aug 2018 · Twitter for iPhone
 Retweets
Angie
@Angiebabes999
·
2 Aug 2018
Replying to
@mwilliamsthomas
 and
@thismorning
Aren’t you afraid for your own life now you’ve said you have the name of the killer?

Mark Williams-Thomas
@mwilliamsthomas
·
2 Aug 2018
Hi - have lots of things in place - my work in general does mean I go after some dangerous people .

Angie
@Angiebabes999
·
2 Aug 2018
I just wondered how you’d deal with that. Scary stuff. Never thought Barry George was guilty of the murder, he was obsessed with her, but not capable of that. She knew things...& someone wanted her gone before she revealed them. IMO.

Diane MW
@didoh
·
2 Aug 2018
Replying to
@mwilliamsthomas
 and
@thismorning
I never thought Barry George was guilty although his obsession with her was probably went a LONG way to him being convicted. 

I was astounded he didn’t receive compensation for his wrongful imprisonment - that was another injustice!

Michelle Burgess
@chelleburgess
·
2 Aug 2018
He has various convictions for indecent assault and fraud, I don’t think he should be given airtime

Diane MW
@didoh
·
2 Aug 2018
IMO he has been treated appallingly.  He was jailed for 8 years fgs for an horrendous crime he didn’t commit and that’s what’s being discussed this morning - his previous convictions are irrelevant to this and the possible reopening of the case.

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
2 Aug 2018
Thank you Diane. If Barry was in prison for this crime the killer was free...why do people not think of that implication? THE KILLER WAS FREE!

UK lock'N'load
@bulgar72
·
2 Aug 2018
Replying to
@mwilliamsthomas
 and
@thismorning
He was the fall guy for the elite pedophile ring! They should of opened the case up as soon as they released him why haven’t they? One big cover up! They thought ppl would forget guess what we didn’t!!

HeyYou
@FandangoFlora
·
2 Aug 2018
Replying to
@mwilliamsthomas
 and
@thismorning
You going to mention that she knew about the Elite Paedophile ring?

HeyYou
@FandangoFlora
·
2 Aug 2018
That’s a no then, even though it’s in the MSM. How strange. 🤔

stacey dobbs
@stacey85uk
·
2 Aug 2018
Replying to
@mwilliamsthomas
 and
@thismorning
Question is what was Jill about to uncover that someone would want her dead?
This Tweet is unavailable

stacey dobbs
@stacey85uk
·
2 Aug 2018
👍🏻 seen and watched videos claiming exactly that

⫩ 𝕊 𝕚 𝕝 𝕧 𝕚 𝕒 ⫩ #TT30
@JerseyBird_
·
2 Aug 2018
Replying to
@mwilliamsthomas
 and
@thismorning
I saw a tv prog years ago about #Dando being involved in trying to undo the apparent BBC’s coverup of their staff’s sexual abuse toward woman. I remember this same prog told of others trying to prove the cover-ups also met their maker in unexplained deaths. Any truth in this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1024947488153907201