Author Topic: So who is making money out of the Madeleine McCann disappearance?  (Read 95835 times)

icabodcrane

Re: So who is making money out of the Madeleine McCann disappearance?
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2013, 06:24:01 PM »
Who should the fund be accountable to and why?

That the Fund should be accountable is a matter of law

The degree to which that accountability is detailed is a matter of choice

The McCanns could have chosen to present the Fund's financial details in as full a way as possible.  They could even, if they chose to,  enhance the full accounts  (  which are really just a 'snap-shot' )  by using a  Directors Report in which to give additional and specific information

It would be an excellent opportunity to demonstrate to their supporters,  and the public at large, that their use of the Fund has been entirely proper and that they are committed to openess, transparency and high standards of accountability

They did not, for some reason,  take that opportunity

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2013, 06:31:58 PM »

The McCanns could have chosen to present the Fund's financial details in as full a way as possible.  They could even, if they chose to,  enhance the full accounts  (  which are really just a 'snap-shot' )  by using a  Directors Report in which to give additional and specific information

It would be an excellent opportunity to demonstrate to their supporters,  and the public at large, that their use of the Fund has been entirely proper and that they are committed to openess, transparency and high standards of accountability

If you think its illegal, then you should phone the cops, immediately or Inland Revenue. I believe you can ring both, anonymously  8(>((
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2013, 06:34:12 PM »

you keep repeating the same thing for some reason and people have the manners to answer you.

the fund obviously annoys you a lot - not the majority of people - just you and a couple of people.

if you can't find the answers to solve your mystery, confusion, bafflement and doubt on this forum - you know what to do - take it to the fund.

it must be stopping you sleep at night and that is not healthy.

debunker

« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2013, 06:39:19 PM »

That is your humble opinion.

Excuse me if I ignore it as having no standing in the matter.

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »
What aren't they getting? The fund accounts are being presented in accordance with the law, they're as "open" as anyone can expect. If you need further details, go get them yourself. Why should they pay accountants to produce detailed financial reports, over & above what is required by law, for the benefit of a few nosy "doubters" who never gave a penny in the first place & would keep on whining regardless?

I'd rather they spend the money WE donate on keeping the profile of Madeleine high & ensure that she's not forgotten by the public.

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2013, 07:12:45 PM »
There was a book written by members of the Justice for The McCann Family Forum but all profits went to the Fund.  I'm not aware of any McCann supporter making personal profit from this case however.

The McCann's are doing quite nicely out of it wouldn't you think never mind the supporters.      Travel expenses here there and everywhere and having their mortgage paid for starters.      The thing about the way it has been set up is that nobody will get to know how their donations are being spent and that is just not on.   Does anybody else know of a limited company which exists on public donations and which doesn't account to its benefactors for the way its spends its money?

Another point I want to raise is where are the litigation damages going which the McCann's have managed to win from the Daily Express and others?   Are these going into their private bank accounts or into the Madeleine fund?

Setting up a limited company costs a few hundred pounds 

I don't think that is what Brian Kennedy was talking about at all

A good point well made   8((()*/     The McCann's appear to have squandered a lot of money on big name accountants and lawyers when there was no need to do so and I guarantee they spent a hell of a lot more money than a few hundred quid on setting up that company.     
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 07:26:56 PM by devils advocate »

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »
There was a book written by members of the Justice for The McCann Family Forum but all profits went to the Fund.  I'm not aware of any McCann supporter making personal profit from this case however.

The McCann's are doing quite nicely out of it wouldn't you think never mind the supporters.      Travel expenses here there and everywhere and having their mortgage paid for starters.      The thing about the way it has been set up is that nobody will get to know how their donations are being spent and that is just not on.   Does anybody else know of a limited company which exists on public donations and which doesn't account to its benefactors for the way its spends its money?

Another point I want to raise is where are the litigation damages going which the McCann's have managed to win from the Daily Express and others?   Are these going into their private bank accounts or into the Madeleine fund?

Counsel for the Defendant, Stephen Bacon
My Lord, on behalf of the Defendant, I confirm all that my friend has said.

Express Newspapers regrets publishing these extremely serious, yet baseless, allegations concerning Mr and Mrs McCann over a sustained period of what will already have been an enormously distressing time for them, and at a time when they have been trying to focus on finding their daughter.

As an expression of its regret, Express Newspapers has agreed to publish front-page apologies, acknowledging the falsity of the allegations and reflecting the fact that they should never have been made. Through me, Express Newspapers wholeheartedly repeats that apology before the Court today. They profoundly regret the distress which these publications will have caused to Mr and Mrs McCann. I confirm that Express Newspapers has agreed to make a substantial contribution to the Madeleine Fund, which we hope will assist in continuing the search for her.

Solicitor-Advocate for the Claimant, Adam Tudor, Carter-Ruck
My Lord, in all the circumstances, Mr and Mrs McCann's object in bringing these proceedings has been achieved.

Adam Tudor
Carter-Ruck
on behalf of the Claimants

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2013, 08:28:59 PM »
Thank you, that is most revealing.  I was lead to believe that the McCanns won damages against Express Newspapers Ltd but what you have just posted states otherwise.  In reality Express Newspapers chose to make a voluntary donation to the Madeleine Fund to help in the search for Madeleine rather than have an order for libel damages made against them.   That would explain why the money went into the fund rather than into the McCann's own bank account.

ferryman

« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2013, 08:32:12 PM »
Thank you, that is most revealing.  I was lead to believe that the McCanns won damages against Express Newspapers Ltd but what you have just posted states otherwise.  In reality Express Newspapers chose to make a voluntary donation to the Madeleine Fund to help in the search for Madeleine rather than have an order for libel damages made against them.   That would explain why the money went into the fund rather than into the McCann's own bank account.

Is that intended to suggest you they'd have preferred it the other way?

Or have I misunderstood?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2013, 08:35:33 PM »

The only people in the world who are remotely concerned about this are not McCann supporters, quite the opposite in fact.  What does that tell you?

It tells me that some McCann supporters are either extremely deluded or simple naïve.  Maybe both.   @)(++(*
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2013, 08:47:48 PM »
What aren't they getting? The fund accounts are being presented in accordance with the law, they're as "open" as anyone can expect. If you need further details, go get them yourself. Why should they pay accountants to produce detailed financial reports, over & above what is required by law, for the benefit of a few nosy "doubters" who never gave a penny in the first place & would keep on whining regardless?

I'd rather they spend the money WE donate on keeping the profile of Madeleine high & ensure that she's not forgotten by the public.

But that's the whole point, her profile is non existent outside the UK.  Everyone who comes back from abroad and who even has the slightest interest in Madeleine McCann reports the exact same thing.  No posters and no mention of Madeleine McCann anywhere.  The only people keeping her in the newspapers are the Met who have taken it upon themselves to release another few out of date snippets just to keep the press pack happy.   The same old sensationalistic garbage.

Big question is...just what is the big spend the McCanns are planning??   @)(++(*
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2013, 08:51:27 PM »

But that's the whole point, her profile is non existent outside the UK.  Everyone who comes back from abroad and who even has the slightest interest in Madeleine McCann reports the exact same thing.  No posters and no mention of Madeleine McCann anywhere.  The only people keeping her in the newspapers are the Met who have taken it upon themselves to release another few out of date snippets just to keep the press pack happy.   The same old sensationalistic garbage.

Big question is...just what is the big spend the McCanns are planning??   @)(++(*

you have lost all credibility.

carry on with your expertise and advice  - oh and of course your speculative questions.

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2013, 08:53:56 PM »

Or have I misunderstood?

That explains a lot.   The McCann's didn't win damages after all.

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2013, 08:55:30 PM »

Or have I misunderstood?

That explains a lot.   The McCann's didn't win damages after all.

dream on

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2013, 08:56:25 PM »
Don't know where you get that from, that's not the impression I have at all. She is mentioned more than ANY other missing child that I know of. I don't see posters every day or even as often as I used to, but they do pop up here & there, every now & then in different airports, shops etc,  as a reminder to all of us. Don't see any posters for any other missing children though.....& that includes Amy btw.