Author Topic: So who is making money out of the Madeleine McCann disappearance?  (Read 95835 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: So who is making money out of the Madeleine McCann disappearance?
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2013, 09:13:28 PM »
Don't know where you get that from, that's not the impression I have at all. She is mentioned more than ANY other missing child that I know of. I don't see posters every day or even as often as I used to, but they do pop up here & there, every now & then in different airports, shops etc,  as a reminder to all of us. Don't see any posters for any other missing children though.....& that includes Amy btw.

I wouldn't agree with that at all.  There have been several missing children and teens in the news recently.  The world for most people doesn't revolve around the Madeleine McCann story.   @)(++(*
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »
Thank you, that is most revealing.  I was lead to believe that the McCanns won damages against Express Newspapers Ltd but what you have just posted states otherwise.  In reality Express Newspapers chose to make a voluntary donation to the Madeleine Fund to help in the search for Madeleine rather than have an order for libel damages made against them.   That would explain why the money went into the fund rather than into the McCann's own bank account.

Is that intended to suggest you they'd have preferred it the other way?

Or have I misunderstood?

That explains a lot.   The McCann's didn't win damages after all.

dream on

Maybe you are yet to compute the difference between winning damages and a voluntary settlement.   8(0(*
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2013, 09:16:39 PM »
Don't know where you get that from, that's not the impression I have at all. She is mentioned more than ANY other missing child that I know of. I don't see posters every day or even as often as I used to, but they do pop up here & there, every now & then in different airports, shops etc,  as a reminder to all of us. Don't see any posters for any other missing children though.....& that includes Amy btw.

I wouldn't agree with that at all.  There have been several missing children and teens in the news recently.  The world for most people doesn't revolve around the Madeleine McCann story.   @)(++(*

TODAY

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/pista-de-raptor-foi-investigada
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

amaraltheofficeboy

« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2013, 09:16:48 PM »
Thank you, that is most revealing.  I was lead to believe that the McCanns won damages against Express Newspapers Ltd but what you have just posted states otherwise.  In reality Express Newspapers chose to make a voluntary donation to the Madeleine Fund to help in the search for Madeleine rather than have an order for libel damages made against them.   That would explain why the money went into the fund rather than into the McCann's own bank account.

Or have I misunderstood?

dream on

Maybe you are yet to compute the difference between winning damages and a voluntary settlement.   8(0(*

and the difference in the end result is?

yes money to the fund

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #259 on: May 30, 2013, 09:16:52 PM »

Or have I misunderstood?

dream on

Is there any need for such a remark?

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #260 on: May 30, 2013, 09:54:52 PM »

No, the world doesn't revolve around Madeleine or any of the other missing children. And contrary to your beliefs, news actually happens in other countries too, not only the UK.

Redblossom

« Reply #261 on: May 30, 2013, 10:01:13 PM »

No, the world doesn't revolve around Madeleine or any of the other missing children. And contrary to your beliefs, news actually happens in other countries too, not only the UK.

Except the uk media are fixated on just one!

Offline Mo Stache

« Reply #262 on: May 30, 2013, 10:05:34 PM »

The UK media are fixated on selling a story for profit. It just so happens that reporting on Madeleine McCann is more profitable than reporting on others who are missing, sad but true.

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #263 on: May 30, 2013, 10:08:32 PM »

Well, lucky me then, I've got news from all over the world to choose from.

Redblossom

« Reply #264 on: May 30, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »

The UK media are fixated on selling a story for profit. It just so happens that reporting on Madeleine McCann is more profitable than reporting on others who are missing, sad but true.

Im not sure thats true to a large extent, paper buyers are normally loyal to one or two papers, that a reader of the telegraph would pick up the sun because madeleine was on the front page I dont think is probable especially when NO ONE has to fork a single penny out to read the papers anymore, the internet has superceded sneaking n newsagents and w h smiths
 @)(++(*

I think the fact that it is a cold case and no one has been found guilty of the crime let alone arrested and that month n month out we are presented with yet another so called suspect to add to the growing pile, and that the parents were suspects is what keeps an interest over other cases

registrar

« Reply #265 on: May 30, 2013, 10:14:15 PM »
'Team McCann' set the media juggernaut in motion

Wristbands, celebrity endorsements, balloons and inflatable billboards on Luz beach and THAT book

'Team McCann' should not now complain about the scrutiny they receive

especially after having spent 2 million £ of UK taxpayers' money on the review

with only rehashed news reports as a result

Redblossom

« Reply #266 on: May 30, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »

Well, lucky me then, I've got news from all over the world to choose from.

Good for you, though major maddie stories tend to go newspaper viral, yu cant escape them

Offline Mo Stache

« Reply #267 on: May 30, 2013, 10:20:50 PM »

Im not sure thats true to a large extent, paper buyers are normally loyal to one or two papers, that a reader of the telegraph would pick up the sun because madeleine was on the front page I dont think is probable especially when NO ONE has to fork a single penny out to read the papers anymore, the internet has superceded sneaking n newsagents and w h smiths
 @)(++(*

I think the fact that it is a cold case and no one has been found guilty of the crime let alone arrested and that month n month out we are presented with yet another so called suspect to add to the growing pile, and that the parents were suspects is what keeps an interest over other cases
The UK media isn't just newspaper sales. Internet and on line news has a huge role to play and it still fills the coffers of the moguls who keep running the McCann story. 

Offline John

« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2017, 01:40:43 AM »
Yet another author out to reap the benefits from the Madeleine case.  New book just out by Nick Van der Leek.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8097.msg397276#msg397276
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2017, 09:04:51 AM »
As a professional writer why not? Why should the McCann case be off-limits?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0