Author Topic: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?  (Read 22852 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Why didn't Jeremy Bamber dial 999?
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2018, 02:06:10 PM »
Like MF with a pea-shooter.  8(8-))

@)(++(*  Big difference tho', IndigoJ is not considered an expert testifying in a court of law!

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2018, 04:28:07 PM »
Because it gives him an alibi - if he is home taking a call from his father, he couldn't have been at the scene killing the family and Nevil's (supposed) last words implicate Sheila.

But if he had left it so that others found them why would he need an alibi? it would look like a murder suicide

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2018, 04:30:41 PM »
Hopefully IndigoJ will think of some suggestions. As I did.  Rather than just asking & waiting for the answers.  It is good to think sometimes.

Oh & 44 days after joining,  'welcome'.

I wasn't just asking and waiting for answers, I am thinking, hence the questions ! , this is a discussion forum is it not?

I might have joined 44 days ago but haven't logged in every day , I don't get the time !

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2018, 04:31:59 PM »
@)(++(*  Big difference tho', IndigoJ is not considered an expert testifying in a court of law!

8((()*/

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2018, 04:35:00 PM »
Never mind about reading other peoples posts.

Why do you believe Bamber rang the police.  Instead of hopeing someone else finds them before he starts work ?

Because he wanted to add credence to the story , imo it was a risky move , IF he did it ,  I don't really understand why he didn't phone 999 , that would have added authenticity to his story, he was back home , no reason why the police couldn't get there as quick as possible.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2018, 04:54:38 PM »
But if he had left it so that others found them why would he need an alibi? it would look like a murder suicide

They may have questioned things more and who would have discovered it? It would be Jeremy as he would be first on the scene. If he could convince them of the call - he had it made.

Offline adam

« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2018, 06:08:40 AM »
Because he wanted to add credence to the story , imo it was a risky move , IF he did it ,  I don't really understand why he didn't phone 999 , that would have added authenticity to his story, he was back home , no reason why the police couldn't get there as quick as possible.

Bamber asked the police to pick him up. A vehicle dispatched from Chelmsford is more likely to do this on the long journey to WHF.

As said, he would be first on the scene in the morning & would have discovered the bodies. Better to spend several hours outside WHF with the police insinuating Sheila & helping create a siege situation. Then when the police enter, Sheila is lying down with a rifle on her.

His tactic worked for a short period.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 06:32:31 AM by adam »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2018, 10:23:18 AM »
Bamber asked the police to pick him up. A vehicle dispatched from Chelmsford is more likely to do this on the long journey to WHF.

As said, he would be first on the scene in the morning & would have discovered the bodies. Better to spend several hours outside WHF with the police insinuating Sheila & helping create a siege situation. Then when the police enter, Sheila is lying down with a rifle on her.

His tactic worked for a short period.

Sion Jenkins and David Bain found family members who they were subsequently found guilty of murdering but have since had their convictions quashed. 

If JB was responsible he would have done better to find his victims the following morning and then when interviewed by police lay it on thick about arguments the previous night.  Phone JM on eve 6th Aug and tell her about the mother of all arguments instead of 'it's tonight or never'. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline APRIL

« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2018, 10:54:55 AM »
Sion Jenkins and David Bain found family members who they were subsequently found guilty of murdering but have since had their convictions quashed. 

If JB was responsible he would have done better to find his victims the following morning and then when interviewed by police lay it on thick about arguments the previous night.  Phone JM on eve 6th Aug and tell her about the mother of all arguments instead of 'it's tonight or never'.

I think it may have been about a need to control, and he was clearly in charge from the moment he first spoke to police. The call to Julie was probably about being eager to let her know he'd done/was about to do what he'd planned,

Offline adam

« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2018, 01:18:15 PM »

He did lay it thick about discussions the previous night.

I disagree that Bamber was better off leaving the bodies & finding them the following morning. Either way, he didn't.

Bamber can't remember what he said to Julie in that 17 minute conversation. Although he called her.

Offline adam

« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2018, 06:29:02 AM »

He still would not have an alibi if he found them himself in the morning. All he could say was I was alone asleep all night.

It would still be just two suspects as Bamber had arranged the crime scene in a way which ruled out a burgler.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:34:36 AM by adam »

Offline adam

« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2018, 06:40:35 AM »
If he had waited until the morning, he couldn't have phoned Julie at 3am. That would blow apart his 'I was alone sleeping all night' alibi.

He says he phoned Julie after Nevill phoned him. Nevill's call would not have happened if he had waited until the morning.

Bamber was so hyped up straight after the massacre, I'm not sure he could have refrained from ringing Julie upon his return.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2018, 07:20:35 AM »
If he had waited until the morning, he couldn't have phoned Julie at 3am. That would blow apart his 'I was alone sleeping all night' alibi.

He says he phoned Julie after Nevill phoned him. Nevill's call would not have happened if he had waited until the morning.

Bamber was so hyped up straight after the massacre, I'm not sure he could have refrained from ringing Julie upon his return.

Amazing that he was banking his alibi on the one person who he had already confessed the crime to.

Offline adam

« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2018, 07:44:28 AM »
Amazing that he was banking his alibi on the one person who he had already confessed the crime to.

Julie wasn't an alibi. It added no weight to his phone call to the police alibi.

Both calls he can say he made from his cottage. Which was correct. 

Offline APRIL

« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2018, 08:25:01 AM »
Not forgetting that he'd have been hyper. He may have been bursting with a sense of accomplishment and longing to share it. Actually, Julie's reaction could well go down in history as being one of the greatest ego deflaters of all time. "WOW", "OMG", even stunned silence, would all have validated his achievement. Her disinterested "Go back to bed" was likely to have left him feeling very frustrated.