Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 93291 times)

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2020, 11:54:51 PM »
John decides in the end and reinstates if he thinks it is unfair.  And criticising Admin won't help.

Do you not understand this?

I do but isn't asking John to review an admin decision a case of criticism by its very nature?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #256 on: June 17, 2020, 12:13:08 AM »
I do but isn't asking John to review an admin decision a case of criticism by its very nature?

It can be seen so, but it's the correct way to proceed. Publicly challenging the way the forum works is the wrong way to proceed.

Read the rules;

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Make sure you avoid breaking them and then you can appeal if you feel you have been moderated unfairly.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #257 on: June 17, 2020, 08:07:13 AM »

Who is asking John to review an Admin Decision?  John is also Admin.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #258 on: June 17, 2020, 11:52:45 PM »
Who is asking John to review an Admin Decision?  John is also Admin.

I was considering writing to John, El, but didn't want to break any rules and wondered if asking for a review would count as being critical by its very nature??
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 11:58:32 PM by Billy Whizz Fan Club »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2020, 12:48:06 AM »

I was considering writing to John, El, but didn't want to break any rules and wondered if asking for a review would count as being critical by its very nature??

If you have a valid question or concern which you wish to communicate to John I doubt very much if you would be breaking any rule by sending him a PM.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #260 on: August 21, 2020, 09:01:44 AM »
So it’s goading to draw attention to and make fun of the goading avatar of another member, an avatar that goads with every single post that the avatar holder makes?  Double standards mateys, but thanks for the warning, it’s keeping my weekly average up nicely but not really having much effect on moderating my behaviour.  If my posts are really that bad I would recommend an outright permanent ban because I promise you no amount of warnings is going to make a blind bit of difference to how I post.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2020, 07:33:16 PM »
So it’s OK to for one member to make personal comments about another member’s wife and family, by suggesting he is neglecting them but not ok to question the mentailty of the member dishing out the ad homs?  Just checking for clarity.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2020, 11:27:34 PM »
So it’s OK to for one member to make personal comments about another member’s wife and family, by suggesting he is neglecting them but not ok to question the mentailty of the member dishing out the ad homs?  Just checking for clarity.

Two wrongs don't make a right, VS.

In my opinion moderation on the McCann board is pretty even at the moment.  One set of posters bitches about moderation and the other set of posters bitches about theirs.  So all in all there is a balance being hit somewhere.

Speaking for myself ~ comments about a member's family when pejorative cross a line and will not be tolerated and I know for certain (although I won't presume to say who) there are other mods who share that opinion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #263 on: August 23, 2020, 01:05:02 AM »
Two wrongs don't make a right, VS.

In my opinion moderation on the McCann board is pretty even at the moment.  One set of posters bitches about moderation and the other set of posters bitches about theirs.  So all in all there is a balance being hit somewhere.

Speaking for myself ~ comments about a member's family when pejorative cross a line and will not be tolerated and I know for certain (although I won't presume to say who) there are other mods who share that opinion.

I think certain members need to grow up a little....and certain mods need to stop feeding their victimhood.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 01:08:55 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #264 on: August 23, 2020, 10:21:23 AM »
Yes, constantly scoring points by referring to members family members, either by implying they don’t exist or that they are being neglected IS extremely childish.  We could all play that game but some of us choose to be the better person.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #265 on: August 23, 2020, 08:38:56 PM »
I think certain members need to grow up a little....and certain mods need to stop feeding their victimhood.

You can say what you like to me as long as I can say what I like to you...my comment obviously hit a nerve...yours didnt.  The problem is your childish posts disrupt the forum so take your own advice and grow up
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 08:49:47 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #266 on: August 23, 2020, 11:02:02 PM »
You can say what you like to me as long as I can say what I like to you...my comment obviously hit a nerve...yours didnt.  The problem is your childish posts disrupt the forum so take your own advice and grow up

TBH it always touches a nerve when people fail to understand the impact using mental health as an insult has on those who are truly suffering.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #267 on: August 24, 2020, 12:46:47 AM »

What a laugh it all is.  If only it was funny.

Personally, I no longer care.

It has been a hard road fo me.  But that's they way in which it goes.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #268 on: August 24, 2020, 12:57:27 AM »
TBH it always touches a nerve when people fail to understand the impact using mental health as an insult has on those who are truly suffering.

I might have thought better of you.  But then we can all be better, don't you think.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #269 on: August 24, 2020, 01:17:09 AM »

I might have thought better of you.  But then we can all be better, don't you think.

I’ll have to ask you to explain that one ?