Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 281022 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1515 on: March 14, 2019, 10:04:43 AM »
Seriously?

https://twitter.com/MichelBarnier/status/1104052367274713088

When it comes to democracy I'm deadly serious, I assure you. A vote took place and a result was delivered. Those who lost and those who have changed theit minds should shut up. It's done, they lost and they should accept that instead of screaming like spoiled children.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #1516 on: March 14, 2019, 12:59:16 PM »
When it comes to democracy I'm deadly serious, I assure you. A vote took place and a result was delivered. Those who lost and those who have changed theit minds should shut up. It's done, they lost and they should accept that instead of screaming like spoiled children.

Ok, but then we're back to this...
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7436.msg515346#msg515346

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1517 on: March 14, 2019, 01:08:06 PM »
Changing the subject somewhat, I have had a really interesting morning during which I applied for renewal of Assistance with my French Health Insurance at The Caisse de Maladie.

Had to go to The Hotel de Impot for some proof as to why I haven't received a  bill for The Tax Fonciere for five years.  Too old and too broke apparently, so two reasons.  The latter due to my British State Pension.  The former because I am over seventy five.

Took back the proof to The Caisse de Maladie and got The Cheque for the whole year on the spot as she didn't want me to have to wait for it arriving in the post.  So that's done and dusted for the next year.

This really nice lady fell about laughing over Brexit, and I joined in.

Everyone I had to speak to spoke better English than is my French, but mainly because they would rather practice their English on me than let me practice my French on them.  It is ever thus these days.

At all times I received  extraordinary kindness and good manners, something that still leaves me stunned, even after twenty five years.

At no point was I asked to produce a Carte de Sejour.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1518 on: March 14, 2019, 01:44:00 PM »

Looking at it from this side of The Channel I do have a sneaky suspicion that The Referendum was very badly worded, mainly because Cameron never expected to lose.  But, of course, it is much more convoluted.

But Britain does have a right to Leave, probably only by crashing Out.  The EU was never going to make it easy.  But it's all in my head and very difficult to explain in words of one syllable.

Britain got stitched up back in the 70s.  And De Galle never wanted Britain in anyway.  So much for gratitude.

I inadvertently finished up living in France, which has always treated me better than Britain ever did, so I have lost track of whose side I should be on.  What price the misbegotten land of one's birth?

But I am only talking about France.  I don't know about Germany, or any of the other States who were allowed to join when they were only going to be a liability.  This stinks of a European Army to me.  Not that I think a European Army would be much cop. They weren't any good the last time around.  And we all know where that one went.

So, sadly, I have finally given up on Britain which grieves me more than any of you could know.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1519 on: March 14, 2019, 03:48:19 PM »

Is it legally possible for the UK to leave and keep an open border in Ireland.. I dint think it is

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1520 on: March 14, 2019, 05:25:01 PM »
Is it legally possible for the UK to leave and keep an open border in Ireland.. I dint think it is

Southern Ireland must be laughing its socks off.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1521 on: March 14, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »
Southern Ireland must be laughing its socks off.
I doubt it.  Brexit will probably be a disaster for them too.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1522 on: March 14, 2019, 07:05:19 PM »
I doubt it.  Brexit will probably be a disaster for them too.

I can't be bothered to reply.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1523 on: March 14, 2019, 07:06:34 PM »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1524 on: March 14, 2019, 07:33:26 PM »
Ok, but then we're back to this...
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7436.msg515346#msg515346

It's just opinion. No-pne really knows how things will pan out when we leave.
Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1525 on: March 14, 2019, 07:41:29 PM »
ok

Sorry, Love.  I don't care anymore.  I only wish that I did.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1526 on: March 14, 2019, 07:44:16 PM »

We signed a Treaty with Ireland saying we wouldn't create a boder between NI and the Republic. The EU won't allow an open border though.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1527 on: March 14, 2019, 08:05:02 PM »
We signed a Treaty with Ireland saying we wouldn't create a boder between NI and the Republic. The EU won't allow an open border though.

Then we can't have Brexit...

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1528 on: March 14, 2019, 08:06:17 PM »
Sorry, Love.  I don't care anymore.  I only wish that I did.
I veer between caring a lot and then not caring at all.  The whole thing is very fatiguing, I wish it was all over.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1529 on: March 14, 2019, 08:15:34 PM »
Then we can't have Brexit...

Hence the backstop which the DUP won't accept. 
Result = happy posting.