Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 502761 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #285 on: March 25, 2019, 05:45:36 PM »
But if you don't swallow anything without evidence, I'm at a loss to understand how do you know the match wasn't a genuine match? Well? You don't swallow anything without evidence? It seems rather mean for you not to be willing to share it with us. Go on, just tell us how you know it's not a genuine match. Please? Pretty please?
Inconclusive means you can't determine if it was a match or not.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2019, 06:47:24 PM »
An article about Trueallele, a company whose methods are not completely without controversy https://www.wired.com/story/trueallele-software-transforming-how-courts-treat-dna-evidence/
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2019, 06:50:09 PM »
Mark Saunokonoko makes several errors in the podcast Eddie and Keela, but it would be an extreme amount of work to isolate the comments and refute them.  OK he might be 90% correct in what he has presented which is pretty good score over all.
He presents a subtle opinion generally supportive of the PJ.  I myself don't agree with that as I have already expressed despair at Amaral's attempt to interview all the OC MW staff even when their likelihood of them being involved was zero i.e. the Millennium staff.  But there were no interviews of the staff working in businesses where the McCanns actually went e.g. the local supermarket.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #288 on: March 25, 2019, 07:15:57 PM »
Mark Saunokonoko makes several errors in the podcast Eddie and Keela, but it would be an extreme amount of work to isolate the comments and refute them.  OK he might be 90% correct in what he has presented which is pretty good score over all.
He presents a subtle opinion generally supportive of the PJ.  I myself don't agree with that as I have already expressed despair at Amaral's attempt to interview all the OC MW staff even when their likelihood of them being involved was zero i.e. the Millennium staff.  But there were no interviews of the staff working in businesses where the McCanns actually went e.g. the local supermarket.

He must be one of the best journalists. Did you catch the bit where Martin Brunt said the McCanns had been on holiday in Luz for almost two weeks when Madeleine disappeared lol?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #289 on: March 25, 2019, 07:24:12 PM »
He must be one of the best journalists. Did you catch the bit where Martin Brunt said the McCanns had been on holiday in Luz for almost two weeks when Madeleine disappeared lol?

Danny Collins made the same mistake in his book.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2019, 07:47:01 PM »
There are 6 podcasts available now and you ask me to note one particular portion.  To be honest I did not notice that actual statement.  To work out where to locate any "error" would be a mission.
It would come back to opinion.  We see the McCann and Payne families travelling to Portugal,  So IMO they were there  "in Luz for almost two weeks when Madeleine disappeared".  It might have just been an issue of recall or a slip of the tongue.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2019, 07:47:38 PM »
Thanks for the definition of inconclusive but you're addressing your reply to the wrong person.
I was replying to Davel's; "It wasn't a match to Madeleine and we dint know if Gerry contributed to it"
It's fine, nothing to worry about, we eventually managed to get him to admit he was doesn't know if it's a genuine match or not. To make a claim that the sample 'wasn't a match to Madeleine' sounds pretty conclusive to me, don't you think?
A match to Madeleine wasn't found... Whether there is one is another question... Whether it has any importance is another question... Based on the evidence I think it has no importance.
At the moment... There is no match to Madeleine
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:11:07 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #292 on: March 25, 2019, 07:51:17 PM »

He's made several gross errors... Saying the dogs have never been wrong in 200 cases is one... Interviewing Levy and taking what he says as the truth is another..

He's a poor journalist IMO because he is not presenting a balanced view
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 07:54:09 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #293 on: March 25, 2019, 08:00:40 PM »
There are 6 podcasts available now and you ask me to note one particular portion.  To be honest I did not notice that actual statement.  To work out where to locate any "error" would be a mission.
It would come back to opinion.  We see the McCann and Payne families travelling to Portugal,  So IMO they were there  "in Luz for almost two weeks when Madeleine disappeared".  It might have just been an issue of recall or a slip of the tongue.

As you have just edited one of my posts I should point out your error... There are 5 podcasts available

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #294 on: March 25, 2019, 08:19:03 PM »
As you have just edited one of my posts I should point out your error... There are 5 podcasts available
Thanks but there are 6 listed on the playlist https://omny.fm/shows/maddie/the-dna?in_playlist=maddie!podcast

There are more planned so the numbers will change.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #295 on: March 25, 2019, 08:23:14 PM »
Thanks but there are 6 listed on the playlist https://omny.fm/shows/maddie/the-dna?in_playlist=maddie!podcast

There are more planned so the numbers will change.

There are only 5 available.... Not six.. The latest one is episode 5

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2019, 09:02:53 PM »
He's made several gross errors... Saying the dogs have never been wrong in 200 cases is one... Interviewing Levy and taking what he says as the truth is another..

He's a poor journalist IMO because he is not presenting a balanced view

Unlike most of them he isn't peddling untruths.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #297 on: March 25, 2019, 09:14:12 PM »

Yes he is..

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #298 on: March 25, 2019, 09:27:24 PM »

Untruths are fine it seems,  as long as it’s dishonesty in favour of the parents.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #299 on: March 25, 2019, 09:32:44 PM »
What is he peddling and why?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly