Author Topic: Was the Liverpudlian dialect the source of some confusion?  (Read 13776 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Was the Liverpudlian dialect the source of some confusion?
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2018, 09:25:35 AM »
Davel said this

Her expertise was in child protection.... We are told social workers would likely want to take the twins in to care... It's obvious why she was not wanted

We were apparently told in September 2007 that the social worker would have wanted to take away the twins. The McCanns would not have been aware of this idea at the time of Madeleine's disappearance so that doesn't explain why she was shooed away after offering her expert held IMO.

As doctors the McCann's would have been well aware of the actions of social workers

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2018, 09:31:19 AM »
I suppose she could have explained the guidelines in leaving children alone... Given Kate a good telling off... Any other ideas

I've always been surprised by the defensiveness of family and friends over the childcare subject. They appeared to be responding to criticisms which hadn't been expressed;

4th May 8.07
Madeleine's uncle Michael Healy said: "There has been some negative spin put on this, with people criticising them for leaving the kids.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/maddy-was-abducted-and-we-have-a-suspect-in-mind-6579837.html

That, of course was Michael Wright who had driven to Liverpool from Skipton in the early hours. It would be interesting to know who had been putting 'negative spin'out so very quickly..

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2018, 09:35:45 AM »
I've always been surprised by the defensiveness of family and friends over the childcare subject. They appeared to be responding to criticisms which hadn't been expressed;

4th May 8.07
Madeleine's uncle Michael Healy said: "There has been some negative spin put on this, with people criticising them for leaving the kids.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/maddy-was-abducted-and-we-have-a-suspect-in-mind-6579837.html

That, of course was Michael Wright who had driven to Liverpool from Skipton in the early hours. It would be interesting to know who had been putting 'negative spin'out so very quickly..
I'm surprised  you are surprised... In my experience  it's the number one criticism of the mccanns

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2018, 09:36:00 AM »
As doctors the McCann's would have been well aware of the actions of social workers

We're all aware of the activities of social workers, whether we're doctors or not.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2018, 09:38:13 AM »
I'm surprised  you are surprised... In my experience  it's the number one criticism of the mccanns

So who was criticising them before 8am on 4th May and how did Michael Wright hear about it?
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2018, 09:41:13 AM »
Why does kate refer to Yvonne Martin popping up again and saying she never found out who she was nor what she wanted (or words to that effect in her book).

She did know who she was and would know what she wanted - that was to help.

Maybe I am the only one to have suffered a shocking distressing thing with their child?   I hope no-one else has.

When my sons illness was diagnosed as Medulla Blastoma ( at that time a virtually totally life taking brain tumour) my whole body went numb, as well as my brain for most things.   I did npt operate normally  The whole of me flopped yet my mind raced - over and over, round and round, up and down, it went.

I would not have been able to cope with strangers interfering ... and neither would I have been able to fully comprehend them.

Quite probably YM seemed just an interfering busy body to Kate, like a fly persistently buzzing around her ... and that is probably the only impact that YM made on Kate.

I have little doubt that YM had good intentions, but it seems to me that she took completely the wrong approach at such a sensitive time

AIMHO, but I have been there.

Offline sadie

« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2018, 09:43:25 AM »
I suppose she could have explained the guidelines in leaving children alone... Given Kate a good telling off... Any other ideas

It was not the time for that IMO Davel.  Too sensitive a time.   Kate needed support, not critism IMO

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2018, 09:49:45 AM »
We're all aware of the activities of social workers, whether we're doctors or not.

Doctors have constant interaction with social workers Re the decisions to take children into care... Do you

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2018, 09:51:54 AM »
So who was criticising them before 8am on 4th May and how did Michael Wright hear about it?

Are you suggesting no one did... It's the number one criticism

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2018, 09:53:34 AM »
Are you suggesting no one did... It's the number one criticism

Before 8am on the 4th, I think a cite is in order.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2018, 09:55:44 AM »

My mother..

Are you suggesting that on hearing the news if a missing child who disappeared whilst her parents dined nearby... No one criticised them fir leaving the children... Do you have a cite for the first criticism
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 10:00:19 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2018, 10:01:57 AM »
Doctors have constant interaction with social workers Re the decisions to take children into care... Do you

Not all doctors all the time. The McCanns may or may not have had dealings with social workers.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2018, 10:04:06 AM »
Not all doctors all the time. The McCanns may or may not have had dealings with social workers.

It's part if a doctors training.... Child protection... If they had worked in casualty... Which they would have.... Almost every child injury is looked at as possible child abuse

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2018, 10:16:24 AM »
Why would no one have criticised them before 8am on 4th May, was there an embargo on criticism lifted at that time?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2018, 10:23:35 AM »
It's part if a doctors training.... Child protection... If they had worked in casualty... Which they would have.... Almost every child injury is looked at as possible child abuse

Perhaps they did work in Casualty as junior doctors, but you will need more than that to uphold your statement that
"doctors have constant interaction with social workers"
Result = happy posting.