Author Topic: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?  (Read 52678 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?
« Reply #570 on: November 09, 2018, 09:38:06 AM »
The questions being asked were incompetent due to a basic lack of understanding of the evidence which had misled the first investigation into Madeleine's disappearance in entirely the wrong direction.

The Policia Judiciaria concluded a year down the line ...
  • The hypothesis of kidnapping, followed or not of homicide, gains consistency and is now the line of investigation followed by the police.
  • The problem is that one year passed, of which half was "occupied" with the homicide thesis and concealment of the cadaver committed by the parents.
  • And the constitution of the McCanns as defendants would have been an error, or "a precipitation," as Alípio Ribeiro admitted. Some explain it by the impositions of the former Code of Criminal Procedure and by the indications that existed at the time: the detection of cadaver odor by English dogs was decisive to put the parents under suspicion.
https://expresso.sapo.pt/dossies/dossiest_actualidade/dos_madeleine_mccan/pj-volta-a-acreditar-no-rapto-de-maddie=f310393#gs.UmzIT0Q

Therefore in my opinion there can be little doubt that Kate McCann was absolutely correct not to answer the questions of the first investigation which the second investigation proved had veered entirely off course,

One can only despair of how that translates into the implications for Madeleine McCann and the cause for finding her.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #571 on: November 09, 2018, 09:42:54 AM »
Time, cost, trouble expended versus outcome (and I mean any outcome, anything at all, taxpayer dollar, anything at all there? A lead you say? Excellent........)

What could they have done better... IMO it seems there problem us the refusal if the PJ to mount a joint investigation
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:47:10 AM by John »

Offline The General

« Reply #572 on: November 09, 2018, 09:55:16 AM »
What could they have done better... IMO it seems there problem us the refusal if the PJ to mount a joint investigation
Then why keep the fiasco rolling? Why not come out and say that the PJ are refusing to play ball, pack up the coffee machine, lock the broom cupboard and go home? Why keep going back cap in hand asking for more money to fund an exercise in futility?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Online Eleanor

« Reply #573 on: November 09, 2018, 10:05:13 AM »
Then why keep the fiasco rolling? Why not come out and say that the PJ are refusing to play ball, pack up the coffee machine, lock the broom cupboard and go home? Why keep going back cap in hand asking for more money to fund an exercise in futility?

Quite possibly because a lead is being followed.  But they are hardly likely to tell us that.  Or do you think they should?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #574 on: November 09, 2018, 10:14:55 AM »
The questions being asked were incompetent due to a basic lack of understanding of the evidence which had misled the first investigation into Madeleine's disappearance in entirely the wrong direction.

The Policia Judiciaria concluded a year down the line ...
  • The hypothesis of kidnapping, followed or not of homicide, gains consistency and is now the line of investigation followed by the police.
  • The problem is that one year passed, of which half was "occupied" with the homicide thesis and concealment of the cadaver committed by the parents.
  • And the constitution of the McCanns as defendants would have been an error, or "a precipitation," as Alípio Ribeiro admitted. Some explain it by the impositions of the former Code of Criminal Procedure and by the indications that existed at the time: the detection of cadaver odor by English dogs was decisive to put the parents under suspicion.
https://expresso.sapo.pt/dossies/dossiest_actualidade/dos_madeleine_mccan/pj-volta-a-acreditar-no-rapto-de-maddie=f310393#gs.UmzIT0Q

Therefore in my opinion there can be little doubt that Kate McCann was absolutely correct not to answer the questions of the first investigation which the second investigation proved had veered entirely off course,

One can only despair of how that translates into the implications for Madeleine McCann and the cause for finding her.

In the same article Ribeiro says the PJ should have put the parents at their ease and kept them in Portugal where they were accessible. Quite how they could have done that after being told the couple were leaving he doesn't say.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #575 on: November 09, 2018, 10:20:43 AM »
In the same article Ribeiro says the PJ should have put the parents at their ease and kept them in Portugal where they were accessible. Quite how they could have done that after being told the couple were leaving he doesn't say.

The McCanns remained subject to extradition By Law for as long as they were Arguidos.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #576 on: November 09, 2018, 10:31:05 AM »

As, I understand as arguidos they had ti have permission  to leave and this was granted

Online Eleanor

« Reply #577 on: November 09, 2018, 10:54:32 AM »
As, I understand as arguidos they had ti have permission  to leave and this was granted

It was.

Offline Lace

« Reply #578 on: November 09, 2018, 11:37:49 AM »
Putting myself in the position that Kate McCann had been in,  a foreign country,  questioned for hours,  being told there was 100 % DNA found of her daughter in 5a,  being told there was a witness who said he/she saw her and Gerry with a large black bag.    Yes I think she was right not to answer the questions it was obvious to me anyway that they were trying to stich her up,  it was Kate who found Madeleine missing, it was Kates fingerprint on the window,  it was Kate's clothes that allegedly had cadaver scent on them,   it was Kate they were trying to get to confess.   I would have stayed silent too.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #579 on: November 09, 2018, 01:12:07 PM »

I think Ribeiro meant instead of being made arguidos. Perhaps he was unaware of the unorthodox interview of the couple on 8th August by Encarnacao and Neves where the McCanns were left in no doubt that the PJ suspected them. It was certainly never recorded in the files.

On 8 August, without waiting for the results from Birmingham, the Portuguese police called the McCanns to a meeting in Portimão, where Guilhermino Encarnação, Polícia Judiciária regional director, and Luis Neves, coordinator of the Direcção Central de Combate ao Banditismo in Lisbon, told them the case was now a murder inquiry
Summers and Swan 2014, 158.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #580 on: November 09, 2018, 01:16:55 PM »
I think Ribeiro meant instead of being made arguidos. Perhaps he was unaware of the unorthodox interview of the couple on 8th August by Encarnacao and Neves where the McCanns were left in no doubt that the PJ suspected them. It was certainly never recorded in the files.

On 8 August, without waiting for the results from Birmingham, the Portuguese police called the McCanns to a meeting in Portimão, where Guilhermino Encarnação, Polícia Judiciária regional director, and Luis Neves, coordinator of the Direcção Central de Combate ao Banditismo in Lisbon, told them the case was now a murder inquiry
Summers and Swan 2014, 158.

Without waiting for the results from Birmingham.... Says it all

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #581 on: November 09, 2018, 01:43:11 PM »
Without waiting for the results from Birmingham.... Says it all

About the behaviour of Encarnacao and Neves,  which has passed under the radar, with all the attention being aimed at Amaral.

Guilhermino Encarnacao, who was in charge of the Policia Judiciaria in the Algarve, died two weeks ago from stomach cancer.

Mr Encarnacao was convinced Madeleine had died in her parents' apartment and was a major source of a series of off the record briefings to journalists against the McCanns.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/7384911/Home-Office-launches-secret-review-into-Madeleine-McCanns-disappearance.html
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:46:19 PM by Robittybob1 »
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #582 on: November 09, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
About the behaviour of Emcarnacao and Nevers,  which has passed under the radar, with all the attention being aimed at Amaral.

Guilhermino Encarnacao, who was in charge of the Policia Judiciaria in the Algarve, died two weeks ago from stomach cancer.

Mr Encarnacao was convinced Madeleine had died in her parents' apartment and was a major source of a series of off the record briefings to journalists against the McCanns.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/7384911/Home-Office-launches-secret-review-into-Madeleine-McCanns-disappearance.html

Are you sure that he is not in Brasil or up in his home village ?

Can you prove that  Encarnacao died ?   

Online Eleanor

« Reply #583 on: November 09, 2018, 03:50:42 PM »
Are you sure that he is not in Brasil or up in his home village ?

Can you prove that  Encarnacao died ?

I'm not sure about that, Sadie.  But I do think Brazil could be interesting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #584 on: November 09, 2018, 04:28:21 PM »
I'm not sure about that, Sadie.  But I do think Brazil could be interesting.

I find Brazil and Paraguay very interesting too.  Remember the fairly recent sighting in Aregua in the Ascuncion area of Paraguay ?  I already had something of interest in that area before Madeleine was spotted there.

I also have a link to Brazil

Nothing solid yet though.