Author Topic: Doors, windows and shutters  (Read 30538 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Doors, windows and shutters
« on: June 19, 2019, 04:46:47 PM »
I'm sure this has all been done to death but its often useful to review.

I think I'm right in thinking that the front door (near car park) could be locked from inside and outside, which sounds pretty obvious; shutters and windows secured from within and the patio door locked from the inside only.

On page 64 of KM's book she states that after the first couple of days they barely used the front door and exited and entered via the patio doors.  She does not mention anything about one of them locking the patio door and then exiting through the front door.  As I said she states they barely used the front door.  If I'm understanding this correctly this would mean the apartment was unlocked and insecure at all times other than when GM/KM were inside? 

She also states Page 66 re the children's room, that on arrival they had lowered the blind style shutters on the outside of the windows which were controlled from inside and closed the curtains.  They apparently left them that way all week.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline jassi

Re: Doors, windows and shutters
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 04:49:59 PM »
I'm sure this has all been done to death but its often useful to review.

I think I'm right in thinking that the front door (near car park) could be locked from inside and outside, which sounds pretty obvious; shutters and windows secured from within and the patio door locked from the inside only.

On page 64 of KM's book she states that after the first couple of days they barely used the front door and exited and entered via the patio doors.  She does not mention anything about one of them locking the patio door and then exiting through the front door. As I said she states they barely used the front door.  If I'm understanding this correctly this would mean the apartment was unlocked and insecure at all times other than when GM/KM were inside? 

She also states Page 66 re the children's room, that on arrival they had lowered the blind style shutters on the outside of the windows which were controlled from inside and closed the curtains.  They apparently left them that way all week.

I suppose it will be argued that if only one of them used the front door, then it was barely used.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 04:54:30 PM »
If the above is correct potentially someone could have entered during the day and released the shutters and windows from within leaving them accessible from outside later?

I believe the windows slide so the max opening is half a full window but judging by the size of the shutter the overall opening in the window looks pretty small for an adult to exit with a child?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 05:06:02 PM »

I suppose it will be argued that if only one of them used the front door, then it was barely used.

Well she states:

"We barely used the front door". 

If we accept what she's saying at face value that neither she nor GM used the front door then surely the apartment must have been unlocked most of the day when they were out and about? 

To my mind she seems incredibly naive.  She thought it was a safe family-oriented holiday resort! 

Most people thought they were safe in churches until paedophile priests emerged!

Must get ready for a girls night out to watch Engalnd v Japan. 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 05:09:16 PM »
If the above is correct potentially someone could have entered during the day and released the shutters and windows from within leaving them accessible from outside later?

I believe the windows slide so the max opening is half a full window but judging by the size of the shutter the overall opening in the window looks pretty small for an adult to exit with a child?

From what I have read... The shutters did not have a lock on and could be easily raised from the outside

The window may never have been locked

Offline jassi

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 05:09:57 PM »
I don't for one moment believe that they left 5A unlocked during the daytime
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:17:55 PM by jassi »
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 05:44:51 PM »
I don't for one moment believe that they left 5A unlocked during the daytime
Why not? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 05:50:05 PM »
Why not?

Because they are not total idiots - IMO

Or maybe not -

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 05:57:56 PM »
No?  Steady on with the compliments, you’ll be mistaken for a supporter if you’re not careful.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 06:06:39 PM »
Kate describing Thursday 3rd May

After breakfast they got dressed and left the apartment by the main door...They entered the apartment by the main door, with the key. She does not know if it was locked, and presumes it was Gerry who opened it. At lunch time they also entered by the same door.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN_ARGUIDO.htm

Gerry speaks about Thursday 3rd May;

eturning to Thursday, after breakfast, about 09h00, KATE and the children left by the rear door, he hav
ing left by the front door, which he locked with the key, having also closed and locked the rear door from the inside.

the deponent left by the front door and the rest of the family by the rear door that, once again, he shut and locked from the inside. As to the front door, he does not know exactly if he locked it
(linchtime)

After 17H30 they went to the apartment, the deponent having entered by the main door, which he did not lock while he was inside the residence. KATE and the children entered by the rear door, after this had been opened from the inside by the deponent.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 07:25:14 PM »
Well she states:

"We barely used the front door". 

If we accept what she's saying at face value that neither she nor GM used the front door then surely the apartment must have been unlocked most of the day when they were out and about? 

To my mind she seems incredibly naive.  She thought it was a safe family-oriented holiday resort! 

Most people thought they were safe in churches until paedophile priests emerged!

Must get ready for a girls night out to watch Engalnd v Japan.
In one description she and the kids use the patio door, but only after Gerry has gone around in through the front door and opened the patio door from the inside. See the post above.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 10:04:48 PM »

There's a reconnoitre, then there's being an imbecile. Surely any self-respecting would-be abductor wouldn't enter twice, one of which was purely for paving the way for a 2nd visit?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 10:13:38 PM »
There's a reconnoitre, then there's being an imbecile. Surely any self-respecting would-be abductor wouldn't enter twice, one of which was purely for paving the way for a 2nd visit?
Come on, there are a million ways of committing a crime.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 07:45:13 AM »
From what I have read... The shutters did not have a lock on and could be easily raised from the outside

The window may never have been locked

In RO's WS she just refers to a a small catch on her apt window so assuming the windows were the same then it doesn't appear any window locks were involved and I haven't read anything about locks on shutters.  Unlikely the windows/shutters were designed to be opened from the outside but how easy would it have been for someone who wanted to do that in terms of actually prising them open and doing it in such a way as to avoid detection from others eg Mrs Fenn above?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 07:52:23 AM »

That's what I thought initially but then when I thought it thru further I guess any valuables they had on their person eg cash, cards, jewellery, phones, cameras?  Perhaps the only valuable to criminal items amounted to personal docs eg passports, driving licences ie id theft and possessions belonging to apt eg tv.  And if they left the patio doors open at night with the children inside then why not during the day?

Does anyone know if the apt had a safe?