Author Topic: What to do in the event of a fire in Block 5? Or in apartment 5A?  (Read 8607 times)

Offline jassi

Re: What to do in the event of a fire in Block 5? Or in apartment 5A?
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2018, 06:22:14 PM »
So better get used to it.  Parents of murdered or abducted children are classed as victims too.

I shan't be losing any sleep over it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2018, 06:33:46 PM »
That's right.
How odd.  IMO.  Do you not think these parents were harmed by the actions of Brady and Hindley?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2018, 06:37:43 PM »
How odd.  IMO.  Do you not think these parents were harmed by the actions of Brady and Hindley?

That's exactly what collateral damage is.
A consequence of some other action.

added. IMO
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:41:40 PM by jassi »
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2018, 06:41:09 PM »

It's injury inflicted on someone other than the intended target which makes that person a victim

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2018, 07:23:57 PM »
Telling a person what they need to do in order to understand something is an ad hominem argument. 
"You need to read the post in the context it was made then you will understand  it"  is unacceptable IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2018, 07:28:06 PM »
Telling a person what they need to do in order to understand something is an ad hominem argument. 
"You need to read the post in the context it was made then you will understand  it"  is unacceptable IMO.

It's not ad hom... It's explaining posts need to be read in context otherwise they will not be understood...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 02:00:09 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2018, 07:50:47 PM »
To make people feel better?

Just part of this new PC touchy-feely world we now live in.

There's a whole body of study, apparently, called Victimology. I suppose that's why school friends of murdered children are counseled. We're all victims now.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2018, 08:06:10 PM »

added. IMO
So if you are “collateral damage”, you are damaged by someone or something but are not a vicitim?  If a drone attacks a terrorist cell and dead children are considered “collateral damage” they are not victims of a drone attack?  Is that correct?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2018, 08:07:40 PM »
There's a whole body of study, apparently, called Victimology. I suppose that's why school friends of murdered children are counseled. We're all victims now.
Do you think parents of murdered children should be offered counseling or should they just maintain a stiff upper lip and get on with it?

Offline jassi

« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2018, 08:19:24 PM »
So if you are “collateral damage”, you are damaged by someone or something but are not a vicitim?  If a drone attacks a terrorist cell and dead children are considered “collateral damage” they are not victims of a drone attack?  Is that correct?

The dead or injured would be victims of the drone, unharmed surviving relative would be collateral - IMO

Think we've drifted well off topic so shan't respond further on this.

Or maybe not -

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2018, 08:40:23 PM »
The dead or injured would be victims of the drone, unharmed surviving relative would be collateral - IMO

Think we've drifted well off topic so shan't respond further on this.
IMO you cannot be collateral damage without also being a victim.

“Collateral damage is the deaths, injuries, or other damage inflicted on an unintended target”.

Offline The General

« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »
IMO you cannot be collateral damage without also being a victim.

“Collateral damage is the deaths, injuries, or other damage inflicted on an unintended target”.
What do you want to know about collateral damage?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2018, 08:54:37 PM »
What do you want to know about collateral damage?
What do you want to tell me?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2018, 06:24:55 AM »
Do you think parents of murdered children should be offered counseling or should they just maintain a stiff upper lip and get on with it?

Police FLO's carry the appropriate leaflets for bereaved families so they can see what's available to them. Obviously families and friends are traumatised and devastated, but usually they aren't the victims of the criminal, the child is. In my opinion to be a victim involves being targeted.

Claire Sykes, for example, was the target when her husband killed himself and their sons. His intention was to leave her with nothing; no children, no house and no money.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-29829354
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2018, 07:10:18 AM »
Police FLO's carry the appropriate leaflets for bereaved families so they can see what's available to them. Obviously families and friends are traumatised and devastated, but usually they aren't the victims of the criminal, the child is. In my opinion to be a victim involves being targeted.

Claire Sykes, for example, was the target when her husband killed himself and their sons. His intention was to leave her with nothing; no children, no house and no money.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-29829354
In my opinion you are quite wrong.  It is entirely possible to be a victim without being targeted, say for example dying in a tsunami, unless you believe in acts of a vengeful God of course.