Author Topic: What to do in the event of a fire in Block 5? Or in apartment 5A?  (Read 8606 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: What to do in the event of a fire in Block 5? Or in apartment 5A?
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2018, 02:26:05 PM »
Apart from my son's completely useless advice, I have no idea.

I dint think your sons advice was useless.... Most experts like to have all the facts before giving opinions....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2018, 02:48:09 PM »
There wasn’t a fire in Block 5. Has there ever been a fire in block 5?  If not statistics, would indicate that having your child disappear into thin air is more likely to happen in Block 5 than a fire breaking out so why are we discussing this actually?

Do you have a cite for that VS?  I don't believe your "statistics".
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2018, 03:12:42 PM »
I dint think your sons advice was useless.... Most experts like to have all the facts before giving opinions....

Thanks.

Actually, I was quite surprised by that he refused, but obviously he was ahead of me.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2018, 03:26:55 PM »
Thanks.

Actually, I was quite surprised by that he refused, but obviously he was ahead of me.
He is.... Can you imagine if he offered advice... Which someone took...and it turned out badly..

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2018, 03:47:32 PM »
Do you want me to post a cite to a child disappearing from Apartment 5a?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »
Do you want me to post a cite to a child disappearing from Apartment 5a?

Of course not just this.  And what statistics would they be.

statistics, would indicate that having your child disappear into thin air is more likely to happen in Block 5 than a fire breaking out
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2018, 03:57:06 PM »
Of course not just this.  And what statistics would they be.

statistics, would indicate that having your child disappear into thin air is more likely to happen in Block 5 than a fire breaking out
These statistics:

Fires in Apt 5a - 0
Children disappearing from Apt 5a - 1

You do realise my post was ever so slightly tongue-in-cheek don't you?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2018, 04:03:11 PM »
He is.... Can you imagine if he offered advice... Which someone took...and it turned out badly..

I can now.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2018, 05:57:24 PM »
There wasn’t a fire in Block 5. Has there ever been a fire in block 5?  If not statistics, would indicate that having your child disappear into thin air is more likely to happen in Block 5 than a fire breaking out so why are we discussing this actually?
Looking at the whole country  Number of house fires compared to the number of kidnappings, IMO house fire would exceed kidnappings but I have no actual figures
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2018, 05:59:52 PM »
You can't look at a single incident and make that your source of statistics IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2018, 06:27:51 PM »
You can't look at a single incident and make that your source of statistics IMO.

Yeah, like polling 2 people in an opinion poll and claiming it is significant   @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2018, 06:32:59 PM »
Looking at the whole country  Number of house fires compared to the number of kidnappings, IMO house fire would exceed kidnappings but I have no actual figures

https://fullfact.org/health/how-many-people-die-fires/

18% of 167,150 = 30087.

"A 2004 Home Office research study presented 798 police reports regarding child abduction in England and Wales. Of those reports, that 56% (447) involved a stranger, about 375 were attempted abductions while 72 were successful.[3]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_in_the_United_Kingdom
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2018, 07:02:38 PM »

https://fullfact.org/health/how-many-people-die-fires/

18% of 167,150 = 30087.

"A 2004 Home Office research study presented 798 police reports regarding child abduction in England and Wales. Of those reports, that 56% (447) involved a stranger, about 375 were attempted abductions while 72 were successful.[3]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_in_the_United_Kingdom

As I understand the leading cause of fatalities in house fires are those involving smoking... As the McCann's didn't... That has to be factored in
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:15:12 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2018, 07:18:59 PM »
Based on the evidence... No fires in 5a.... One child disappeared without trace

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2018, 09:48:04 PM »
Based on the evidence... No fires in 5a.... One child disappeared without trace
But the day before anything happened as a parent you need to look at the relative chances of the various possible events and fire must have the greatest risk of happening in the future.

So IMO the McCanns were more responsible than the others for they made provision for their kids to escape in case of fire.
It is illegal to deadlock the rooms with persons still inside.  The PJ were told that happened but no action was taken against the other three families. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 09:53:10 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation