Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 243093 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #1170 on: February 01, 2020, 10:39:05 PM »
The Nazi issue arose out of a discussion about [ censored word]emitism, which was one of the main reasons for Corbyn’s downfall.  He has a history of lending support to [ censored word]emites who like to draw parallels between Israel and the Nazis, but has since renounced such behaviour as “wrong”.  Indeed making such comparisons is now proscribed by the Labour Party and any member found doing so is liable (auite rightly imo) to be kicked out of the party, yet still some members and supporters insist on doing so.  Corbyn’s successor must stand firm and root out these individuals and let them go off and form their own anti-Israel party, where they can invoke Godwin’s Law until they are blue in the face.  Only then will Labour be able to be free of the taint of [ censored word]emitism which has blighted them for the last few years.

"The Nazi issue arose out of a discussion about [ censored word]emitism, which was one of the main reasons for Corbyn’s downfall." 

You have no idea who voted against Corbyn and or why so add a wee IMO in there to clarify your limited knowledge on people who voted and why.

"He has a history of lending support to [ censored word]emites who like to draw parallels between Israel and the Nazis,"

[ censored word]EMITES as instructed by self proclaimed word police?  The comparison is quite rightly attributed as Hitler did a bit of ethnic cleansing and killing  of Jews  in most European countries - he spread hate stories about them  to gain sympathy and a mandate to carry out his mission.
so the Israeli Government do exactly the same- play victim- spread hate stories about all arabs- mandate to ethnically cleanse part of the middle east.

There are no winners here!  however, Many jews abhor the behavior of the Israeli Government towards The indigenous population pre 1933. Are they [ censored word]emitic? No.

People should be allowed to express concern about global matters without the cheka barging in-declaring war on those who disagree with them.

I am not anti semetic or a corbyn fan.

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1171 on: February 01, 2020, 10:40:39 PM »
Studies have shown the part media bias has played in Corbyn’s lack of  popularity 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-media-bias-labour-mainstream-press-lse-study-misrepresentation-we-cant-ignore-bias-a7144381.html

As to your last comment, I’m not sure what you’re alluding to.
Anti-semites believe that the world’s media is controlled by a global elite and that the global elite is  made up of powerful Jews, don’t pretend you were unaware of this anti-semite conspiracy theory?

https://ohpi.org.au/[ censored word]emitism-media-control/
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1172 on: February 01, 2020, 10:41:54 PM »
At friends tonight.
Been friends since first year at High School.
Her dad was a miner.
Down the pits when he was fourteen.
She was brought up in a labour supporting household, the kind of household where as the saying goes in the central belt of Scotland, "Put a monkey up for election as a labour candidate and it will win."

She now supports the SNP but still has an interest in the fortunes of the Labour Party.
She doesn't see much promise in any of the potential leaders to succeed Jeremy.

It will take more than the election of a new leader to change the fortune of the Labour Party here.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1173 on: February 01, 2020, 10:49:38 PM »
Anti-semites believe that the world’s media is controlled by a global elite and that the global elite is  made up of powerful Jews, don’t pretend you were unaware of this anti-semite conspiracy theory?

I was but why is this relevant. Are you saying most Labour members are anti-semites ? Isn’t that just as ridiculous as the Jewish media conspiracy?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1174 on: February 01, 2020, 10:51:10 PM »
I was but why is this relevant. Are you saying most Labour members are anti-semites ? Isn’t that just as ridiculous as the Jewish media conspiracy?
How on earth did you come to that conclusion? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

« Reply #1175 on: February 01, 2020, 11:00:48 PM »

Well if you fancy a bit of history...   https://www.jpost.com/Magazine/Was-the-Russian-Revolution-Jewish-514323

My sister is doing research for WW2 project. we came across this.

My theory is this is why Hitler hated the jews and Russian communism- along with everyone else who wasn't of the Aryan heterosexual race- with no deformities. I have mentioned before- my poor forced choice in the Debate  about what good if any did Hitler do for Germany and a few other similar debates.

Coming from a dictator who wasn't even a bloody German! Hitler was Austrian.

Immigrants cause trouble- they don't harf mate... German Joke!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1176 on: February 01, 2020, 11:34:04 PM »
How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

That’s what happens when you post information with no relevance to the subject at hand.

Why do you keep trying to shoehorn [ censored word]emitism into every political thread ? It certainly had no relevance to the fact that Corbyn is the most popular leader of the largest European political party for the last 100 years.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1177 on: February 01, 2020, 11:39:42 PM »
That’s what happens when you post information with no relevance to the subject at hand.

Why do you keep trying to shoehorn [ censored word]emitism into every political thread ? It certainly had no relevance to the fact that Corbyn is the most popular leader of the largest European political party for the last 100 years.

Popular with whom?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1178 on: February 01, 2020, 11:41:27 PM »
Popular with whom?

The Labour membership.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1179 on: February 01, 2020, 11:59:51 PM »
The Labour membership.
But one of the least popular EVER with the people who really count - the electorate.  I don’t think Jeremy or the Momentum branch of the Labour Party really cared about them, hence the situation we are now in.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1180 on: February 02, 2020, 12:14:01 AM »
But one of the least popular EVER with the people who really count - the electorate.  I don’t think Jeremy or the Momentum branch of the Labour Party really cared about them, hence the situation we are now in.

My this right-wing tabloid nonsense really is pernicious....it’s politics for the hard of thinking.

Momentum branch of the Labour Party ?

Do you really think that the electorate thought that Johnson cared for them or simply that he’d ‘ get Brexit done’ .....and further don’t you think that that coupled with the shamefully dishonest British press is what lost Corbyn the election ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1181 on: February 02, 2020, 12:30:23 AM »
My this right-wing tabloid nonsense really is pernicious....it’s politics for the hard of thinking.

Do you really think that the electorate thought that Johnson cared for them or simply that he’d ‘ get Brexit done’ .....and further don’t you think that that coupled with the shamefully dishonest British press is what lost Corbyn the election ?
Yes actually, I do think that the electorate thought that Boris cared for their views and that he would deliver what they voted for in the referendum and that is why they voted for him.  I also think that you believe the the British electorate are stupid, gullible, dimwitted and easily led by the media.  I think that when you think like that, especially if you’re a politician who claims to represent the people, then the people don’t much care for that sort of attitude and it loses you votes.    Labour needs to start listening to the people of this country, especially the  northern working class that recently they have seemed somewhat contemptuous of, and reconnect with them.  Jeremy’s biggest mistake was not having the courage of his convictions, standing up for Brexit (which let’s face it, he was an obvious supporter of)  and persuading his party to support Theresa May’s deal when it was on the table.  He might then have stood a chance at the next election, shame he wasn’t clever enough to work that one out.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1182 on: February 02, 2020, 12:52:43 AM »
Yes actually, I do think that the electorate thought that Boris cared for their views and that he would deliver what they voted for in the referendum and that is why they voted for him.  I also think that you believe the the British electorate are stupid, gullible, dimwitted and easily led by the media.  I think that when you think like that, especially if you’re a politician who claims to represent the people, then the people don’t much care for that sort of attitude and it loses you votes.    Labour needs to start listening to the people of this country, especially the  northern working class that recently they have seemed somewhat contemptuous of, and reconnect with them.  Jeremy’s biggest mistake was not having the courage of his convictions, standing up for Brexit (which let’s face it, he was an obvious supporter of)  and persuading his party to support Theresa May’s deal when it was on the table.  He might then have stood a chance at the next election, shame he wasn’t clever enough to work that one out.

You are absolutely wrong if you think former Labour voters believed Johnson had their best interests at heart, they didn’t. What they did believe is that he was their only chance of pushing Brexit over the line so voted for him anyway, many many holding their noses as they did. I have heard many, many of those voters interviewed since and their shame at that decision, if not regret, is plain to see.

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that Corbyn thought the electorate is stupid, gullible etc etc but only the truly dim witted could possibly deny that propaganda was used expertly in this election campaign and when 88% of Conservative posts have been deemed untrue to compared to almost zero for Labour you can see who was pushing the most dishonest campaign.

What part of ‘we are a democratic party ‘ don’t you get ? The decision was not his alone to make.

« Reply #1183 on: February 02, 2020, 12:56:30 AM »

I actually think it is  more deep rooted than that. I also do not believe the media have that much of an influence as some believe.

I do believe the wake up call to the politicians is clear. You represent what we want  not what you tell us we are getting without being challenged. I predicted 10 years ago a civil war was looming- I still believe that we are heading in some direction- perhaps not with guns and swords,but the battle of the wills.

Even the labour candidates are all poor choice- I wouldn't vote for any of them. The idea that they must have a woman is positive discrimination - why not chose a candidate who has their own views and real ideas for the good of the country!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1184 on: February 02, 2020, 01:18:18 AM »
I actually think it is  more deep rooted than that. I also do not believe the media have that much of an influence as some believe.

I do believe the wake up call to the politicians is clear. You represent what we want  not what you tell us we are getting without being challenged. I predicted 10 years ago a civil war was looming- I still believe that we are heading in some direction- perhaps not with guns and swords,but the battle of the wills.

Even the labour candidates are all poor choice- I wouldn't vote for any of them. The idea that they must have a woman is positive discrimination - why not chose a candidate who has their own views and real ideas for the good of the country!

I have to disagree with you about the media. It is certainly no coincidence that the only Labour governments we have had in the last 40 years have been supported by Murdoch. We have both seen the way propaganda has been used very successfully in the McCann case. These are the very same strategies used in the politics of today.

Further where is the challenge from the people ? Johnson wanted Brexit, it wasn’t brought about by the will of the people.....it serves his and his party’s interests not his electorate and we will see this disregard for their needs in the coming months and years. As to a looming civil war, it’s hard to wage war when you’re using all your energy just to keep a roof over your head and feed your children.

Your last point I’m afraid I agree with although if forced to be pragmatic I believe Starmer would be the strongest candidate when faced with Johnson.