Author Topic: The Effect On The Economy  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: The Effect On The Economy
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2020, 06:11:29 PM »
Taxes are likely to go up big time, which in itself will make us all less well off financially, with less disposable income, isn’t that just another way of dishing up austerity?

Yes I agree, the labour government  (the high tax people) never quite got that. Way over their heads.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2020, 07:34:44 PM »
Taxes are likely to go up big time, which in itself will make us all less well off financially, with less disposable income, isn’t that just another way of dishing up austerity?

I would be amazed if the ordinary citizen doesn't have to pay through the nose in all sorts of ways for the present necessary expenditure ... in the meantime, according to the Times paper version, Abu Dhabi is adding to our costs by milking us for millions for the use of their empty and unused Excel site which has been turned into a temporary hospital for the sick and dying.

That's just the way of the world ... some pay while others attempt to profiteer.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2020, 07:42:07 PM »
I would be amazed if the ordinary citizen doesn't have to pay through the nose in all sorts of ways for the present necessary expenditure ... in the meantime, according to the Times paper version, Abu Dhabi is adding to our costs by milking us for millions for the use of their empty and unused Excel site which has been turned into a temporary hospital for the sick and dying.

That's just the way of the world ... some pay while others attempt to profiteer.

Yes, I read that in the Times. I have to admit, I was quite appalled.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2020, 07:56:03 PM »

I heard in the last few hours that the NHS will not be charged for that now.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2020, 08:44:21 PM »
I heard in the last few hours that the NHS will not be charged for that now.

That is excellent news ... https://www.excel.london/news/nhs-nightingale-statement it certainly nips what would have been a PR disaster in the bud particularly when many others have pitched in right from the start with free use of their properties as American owned businesses such as NEC have done:
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 08:32:39 AM »
Notice how you never hear the word Brexit hardly used now.  And some thought that was going to be bad for the economy.

Unfortunately, the UK has to somehow cope with the aftermath of both. The UK has just under 3 months left to make up its mind about requesting an extension.

The UK doesn't appear to have taken up the offer of the EU Joint Procuration Agreement on emergency medical equipment / supplies (a provision which was written into the WA, even though it's no longer a signatory), unless something's changed in the past few days. I hope the UK hasn't been cutting of its nose to spite its face in terms of the optics of discovering that Jack might not be quite so alright on its own.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2020, 07:44:18 PM »
Unfortunately, the UK has to somehow cope with the aftermath of both. The UK has just under 3 months left to make up its mind about requesting an extension.

The UK doesn't appear to have taken up the offer of the EU Joint Procuration Agreement on emergency medical equipment / supplies (a provision which was written into the WA, even though it's no longer a signatory), unless something's changed in the past few days. I hope the UK hasn't been cutting of its nose to spite its face in terms of the optics of discovering that Jack might not be quite so alright on its own.

The EU  who lets face it is France and Germany don't give a flying duck about any other country- ask Italy-Spain et el
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Carana

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2020, 09:02:42 PM »
The EU  who lets face it is France and Germany don't give a flying duck about any other country- ask Italy-Spain et el

No idea what you're talking about in relation to my post.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2020, 09:56:44 PM »

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-italian-banks/
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?