Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239553 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1065 on: April 15, 2019, 10:32:50 PM »
I read that from what she was saying in her posts to you.

Then you were mistaken... She never asked me to stop hassling her... It was only her opinion... And I was responding to posts, she directed at me... So a completely false, allegation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1066 on: April 15, 2019, 10:33:58 PM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10634.msg520875#msg520875 

"In the context of the forum we are talking about the alerts in 5a and the car... I think it's clear you are confused as to exactly what you think...
I don't think Gerry was... Very foolish... At all"

Saying to another member " I think it's clear you are confused as to exactly what you think... " is harassment in my opinion.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1067 on: April 15, 2019, 10:35:53 PM »
You would need to a be a lot more precise in your wording.. I presume you mean a, test such as carpet squares....that's, a very easy test... You cannot extrapolate those figures to a completely different situation...
Why not?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1068 on: April 15, 2019, 10:37:10 PM »

"In the context of the forum we are talking about the alerts in 5a and the car... I think it's clear you are confused as to exactly what you think...

Saying to another member " I think it's clear you are confused as to exactly what you think... " is harassment in my opinion.
That is not harrassment.  If people don’t like having their views challenged hard they should retreat to the safety of forums where everyone is more or less singing from the same hymn sheet, IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1069 on: April 15, 2019, 10:40:47 PM »
That is not harrassment.  If people don’t like having their views challenged hard they should retreat to the safety of forums where everyone is more or less singing from the same hymn sheet, IMO.
Of course challenge views, but not the person or be personal about it. 
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1070 on: April 15, 2019, 10:43:04 PM »

That's your opinion... There is no request from gunit as you claimed... That's a fact ...
There was no hassling.. 8 posts each...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1071 on: April 15, 2019, 10:43:44 PM »

I don't mind my views being challenged, I object to being told what they should be or that they are other than I say they are. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1072 on: April 15, 2019, 10:44:37 PM »
I don't mind my views being challenged, I object to being told what they should be or that they are other than I say they are. 
Of course challenge views, but not the person or be personal about it.

You have accused me oh harassment... That's personal and a false accusation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1073 on: April 15, 2019, 10:46:15 PM »

I think you are misunderstanding  things... I'm entitled to comment on your posts... I'm entitled to reach conclusions based on your posts

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1074 on: April 15, 2019, 10:49:50 PM »
If the reliability is in order of 95%, I'd accept there are times they alert incorrectly but correctly 95% of the time.  I don't accept the small number of incorrect responses allows for Eddie and Keela to be described as unreliable.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, Rob, and I am sure the digging up of Haute de la Garenne in Jersey at great expense is the epitome of that adage.

Looked at through the prism of common sense, I think much could be said of the hysteria associated with the twa dugs and the visit to Praia da Luz.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1075 on: April 15, 2019, 10:50:40 PM »

If you say you don't agree with the, statement... The dogs are reliable..... It's perfectly reasonable to conclude you think the dogs are unreliable

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1076 on: April 15, 2019, 10:53:02 PM »
You have accused me oh harassment... That's personal and a false accusation
That is the role of the moderator.  What did I say exactly?  Please don't harass G-unit.  Don't harass anyone.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1077 on: April 15, 2019, 10:53:32 PM »
Why not?

We've been through it all many times... Remember how poorly cadaver digs did in the one study into handler bias.... By your reasoning... 19 out of 20 alertd in PDL must be corect... If you think that I'll leave you to it

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1078 on: April 15, 2019, 10:55:01 PM »
If you say you don't agree with the, statement... The dogs are reliable..... It's perfectly reasonable to conclude you think the dogs are unreliable
That conclusion should remain in your head.  You could ask another question to confirm it but don't tell the forum what you think someone else believes.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1079 on: April 15, 2019, 10:55:43 PM »
That is the role of the moderator.  What did I say exactly?  Please don't harass G-unit.  Don't harass anyone.

No that's not what you said... You said gunit had requested me to stop hassling her ..and I should comply with her request... that, wasn't true... I feel you are hassling me