News and current affairs > The Coronavirus and Covid-19

The government doesn't want the public to have Covid-19 home test kits!

(1/9) > >>

John:
Yes, its true, our government has done everything it can to prevent the public getting their hands on Covid-19 home testing kits.

But why I hear you ask?

The simple answer is control. The government want to control who is tested and who isn't. Most importantly in all of this however is the fact that the UK government want to control the data since to allow private home testing would deny this to them. To this end, they have now set up testing stations in a few cities around the UK including converting a number of MOT centres in Northern Ireland into Covid-19 test sites. Blood samples are taken at these sites and sent off for analysis to government approved laboratories. This ensures the government keep control of the data and can release it when and if they decide.

What is really going on though?  The World Health Organization stated many weeks ago that the Coronavirus can only be tackled by testing, testing and more testing. So why is the UK so far behind in this process?

Can the UK government really test 67 million people or will testing be limited to the chosen few?

MOT testing centres in Northern Ireland converted to Covid-19 testing stations.

Angelo222:

--- Quote from: John on April 13, 2020, 11:36:09 PM ---Yes, its true, our government has done everything it can to prevent the public getting their hands on Covid-19 home testing kits.

But why I hear you ask?

The simple answer is control. The government want to control who is tested and who isn't. Most importantly in all of this however is the fact that the UK government want to control the data since to allow private home testing would deny this to them. To this end, they have now set up testing stations in a few cities around the UK including converting a number of MOT centres in Northern Ireland into Covid-19 test sites. Blood samples are taken at these sites and sent off for analysis to government approved laboratories. This ensures the government keep control of the data and can release it when and if they decide.

What is really going on though?  The World Health Organization stated many weeks ago that the Coronavirus can only be tackled by testing, testing and more testing. So why is the UK so far behind in this process?

Can the UK government really test 67 million people or will testing be limited to the chosen few?

MOT testing centres in Northern Ireland converted to Covid-19 testing stations.

--- End quote ---

Health England keep pushing the same mantra that no rapid test Covid-19 kits have been approved for use in the UK despite the many thousands that are manufactured here but have been shipped off abroad.

China has perfected these kits given their many advantages in this pandemic but all we get from the Tories is dither and delay.  I agree though, they want to control the testing in approved centres so that they can manipulate the statistics later.

According to this article the government are lying through their teeth yet again?!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/02/government-has-bought-no-covid-19-home-testing-kits-despite/

Mr Gray:

--- Quote from: Angelo222 on April 14, 2020, 10:34:42 AM ---Health England keep pushing the same mantra that no rapid test Covid-19 kits have been approved for use in the UK despite the many thousands that are manufactured here but have been shipped off abroad.

China has perfected these kits given their many advantages in this pandemic but all we get from the Tories is dither and delay.  I agree though, they want to control the testing in approved centres so that they can manipulate the statistics later.

According to this article the government are lying through their teeth yet again?!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/02/government-has-bought-no-covid-19-home-testing-kits-despite/

--- End quote ---

china havent perfected the kits imo...thats the problem

Carana:
From what I've read in general (not necessarily related to the UK), they need to be validated for specificity (the right virus) and sensitivity (low false results).

Venturi Swirl:
Do home testing kits exist anywhere in the world?  Say they were being advertised on ebay or amazon, how would anyone know they were reliable?  It’s true that an unreliable test is more harmful than no test at all so I wouldn’t want these things to be a commerically available off the shelf product.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version