Author Topic: The Yorkshire Ripper murders  (Read 21782 times)

Padgates staff

Re: The Yorkshire Ripper murders
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 11:19:40 AM »
Yes, unfortunately so.

Offline Iggy68

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 12:14:20 AM »
Ive seen videos of Richard Mccann and he is a disturbed person  8(8-)) , but his arguement that the Yorkshire Ripper should never be released is a little bit unnerving for me.

Peter Sutcliffes sentence should be based on his crimes and 'if' he has been rehabilititated and not because someone has a personal grudge against him.

If Richard Mccann has problems beyond that then they should really have been addressed with counselling.

Offline Myster

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 07:22:26 AM »
Ive seen videos of Richard Mccann and he is a disturbed person  8(8-)) , but his arguement that the Yorkshire Ripper should never be released is a little bit unnerving for me.

Peter Sutcliffes sentence should be based on his crimes and 'if' he has been rehabilititated and not because someone has a personal grudge against him.

If Richard Mccann has problems beyond that then they should really have been addressed with counselling.

But Peter Sutcliffe had his whole life tariff re-affirmed in 2010, and one judge said then that the...,

"passage of time does not make the appellant's account at trial (in 1981) of how he came to commit these offences any more likely to be credible now than it was then. There is no reason to conclude that the appellant's claim that he genuinely believed that he was acting under divine instruction to fulfil God's will carries any greater conviction now than it did when it was rejected by the jury."

The cold-bloodied murders of 13 women were truly despicable crimes and I really don't think any woman would feel safe if they had to live near this man if he was freed (even if he was given supervision, anonymity and surgery to change his looks at more ridiculous taxpayer's expense).

I remember the news reports at the time, and how it affected people's psyche... no-one was safe until this maniac was caught.

No... Sutcliffe is quite OK locked up in Broadmoor IMHO... at least we know where he is !
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:32:01 AM by Myster »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Iggy68

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 10:18:09 AM »

But Peter Sutcliffe had his whole life tariff re-affirmed in 2010, and one judge said then that the...,

"passage of time does not make the appellant's account at trial (in 1981) of how he came to commit these offences any more likely to be credible now than it was then. There is no reason to conclude that the appellant's claim that he genuinely believed that he was acting under divine instruction to fulfil God's will carries any greater conviction now than it did when it was rejected by the jury."

The cold-bloodied murders of 13 women were truly despicable crimes and I really don't think any woman would feel safe if they had to live near this man if he was freed (even if he was given supervision, anonymity and surgery to change his looks at more ridiculous taxpayer's expense).

I remember the news reports at the time, and how it affected people's psyche... no-one was safe until this maniac was caught.

No... Sutcliffe is quite OK locked up in Broadmoor IMHO... at least we know where he is !

i fully agree