Author Topic: Is It Important That Boris is a Liar ?  (Read 11395 times)

Offline faithlilly

Is It Important That Boris is a Liar ?
« on: January 12, 2020, 12:53:12 AM »
An excellent opinion piece from a life long Tory on Johnson’s capacity for lying and why he can’t be trusted.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/11/peter-oborne-s-diary-boris-johnson-s-nhs-lies-my-bulging-dossier-deceit-and

And Osborne’s list of Johnson’s lies.

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

Does honesty in politics really not matter anymore and if it does why are we prepared to stomach Johnson’s terminal dishonesty ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
Re: Is It Important That Boris is a Liar ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 07:21:13 PM »
IMO, of course it is important that politicians should be honest, and I doubt that Boris is the only one who has lied.

Why are we wiling to put up with him?  Many of us are not, but he won the election, so we have no choice--------unfortunately. 

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 05:44:43 PM »
Pertinent here too.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/opinion/the-conservative-party-anti-semitism-crisis-nobody-talks-about/06/12/#.Xh2StSyehxk.facebook
No, because people can’t get over the letterbox comment, it’s kind of boring now.  We expect Tories to be vile racist pigs though don’t we?  It’s a given, so less commentworthy than when a right on, politically correct, inclusive “hasn’t-got-a-racist-bone-in-his-body” saint like JC turns a blind eye to it in his own party.  IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 06:14:15 PM »
No, because people can’t get over the letterbox comment, it’s kind of boring now.  We expect Tories to be vile racist pigs though don’t we?  It’s a given, so less commentworthy than when a right on, politically correct, inclusive “hasn’t-got-a-racist-bone-in-his-body” saint like JC turns a blind eye to it in his own party.  IMO.

Turns a blind eye ? So far as leader he has put new procedures in place to deal with any claims of [ censored word]emitism quicker and has also mounted an investigation into the subject. That you and the vested interests don’t feel that that’s enough is for you to deal with.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 06:41:20 PM »
Turns a blind eye ? So far as leader he has put new procedures in place to deal with any claims of [ censored word]emitism quicker and has also mounted an investigation into the subject. That you and the vested interests don’t feel that that’s enough is for you to deal with.
Yes, turned a blind eye, didn’t act fast enough or firmly enough.  Dilly-dallied.  Weak, ineffectual leadership but, hey, this thread is about Boris isn’t it?  I don’t have to deal with anything, Labour do.  Sort it out!!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 07:04:23 PM »
Yes, turned a blind eye, didn’t act fast enough or firmly enough.  Dilly-dallied.  Weak, ineffectual leadership but, hey, this thread is about Boris isn’t it?  I don’t have to deal with anything, Labour do.  Sort it out!!

Mmmmmm....not according to many Jewish members of the U.K.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/20/jeremy-corbyn-labour-party-crucial-ally-in-fight-against-[ censored word]emitism

Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour is a crucial ally in the fight against [ censored word]emitism
Over 200 Jewish members and supporters of the Labour party sign a letter urging that anyone seeking an end to bigotry and racism should back Labour and Corbyn
Letters
Wed 20 Feb 2019 18.39 GMT Last modified on Sat 23 Feb 2019 21.12 GMT

Shares
 Jeremy Corbyn
 Jeremy Corbyn. ‘Labour governments introduced both the anti-racist and human rights legislation of the 20th century and the 2010 Equalities Act.’ Photograph: Matthew Horwood/Getty
You report (19 February) that a number of implacably anti-Corbyn MPs have left the Labour party alleging a failed “approach to dealing with [ censored word]emitism”, with Luciana Berger criticising Labour for becoming “sickeningly institutionally racist”.

We are Jewish members and supporters of the Labour party concerned about the current rise of reactionary ideologies, including [ censored word]emitism, in Britain and elsewhere across Europe.

We note the worrying growth of populist rightwing parties, encouraging racism, Islamophobia and [ censored word]emitism. In Britain the far right is whipping up these prejudices, a threat that requires a resolute and energetic response. But instead we have seen a disproportionate focus on [ censored word]emitism on the left, which is abhorrent but relatively rare.

Advertisement

We believe that the Labour party under the progressive leadership of Jeremy Corbyn is a crucial ally in the fight against bigotry and reaction. His lifetime record of campaigning for equality and human rights, including consistent support for initiatives against [ censored word]emitism, is formidable. His involvement strengthens this struggle.

Labour governments introduced both the anti-racist and human rights legislation of the 20th century and the 2010 Equalities Act. A Labour government led by Jeremy Corbyn will be a powerful force to fight against racism, Islamophobia and [ censored word]emitism.

It is in this context that we welcome the Labour party’s endorsement of freedom of expression on Israel and on the rights of Palestinians. Labour is correct to recognise that while prejudice against Jewish people is deplorable, criticism of Israel’s government and policies can and must be made.

Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you
 Read more
We urge all who wish to see an end to bigotry and racism, and who seek a more just society, to give their support to the Labour party.

Prof Elizabeth Dore
Prof David Epstein
Prof Gene Feder
Mike Leigh
Prof Mica Nava
Prof Michael Rosen
Prof Donald Sassoon
Prof Avi Shlaim
Gillian Slovo
Prof Annabelle Sreberny
Walter Wolfgang
Prof John Yudkin
John Abraham
Kate Adams
Rebecca Amiel
Ruth Appleton
Tasha Barlow
Graham Bash
Dr Shereen Benjamin
Jeremy Bernhaut
Frances Bernstein
Dr Jon Berry
Cllr Jo Bird
Rica Bird
Frank Black
Jay Blackwood
Pamela Blakelock
Alice Bondi
Tony Booth
Jenny Malca Brown
Peter Buckman
Andy Burkitt
Erica Burman
Samuel Burrowes
Keith Burstein
Rose Challands
Brian Chinnery
Eve Cina
Andrew Clifford
Emma Clyne
Jonathan Clyne
Mike Cohen
Ron Cohen
Amnon Cohen
Ruth Cohen
Kathy Cohn
Rita Craft
Judith Cravitz
Prof. David Curtis
Mike Cushman
Miriam David
Steven Davidson
Hilary De Santos
Alan Deadman
Greg Douglas
Elizabeth Dresner
Linda Edmondson
Ros Edwards
David Einhorn
Mark Elf
Michael Ellman
Prof Debbie Epstein
Javier Farje
Pia Feig
Jack George Field
Arye Finkle
Nick Foster
Roisin Francis
Esther Freeman
Debbie Friedman
Danny Friedman
Kenny Fryde
Carolyn Gelenter
Mike Gerber
Vicki Gilbert
René Gimpel
Prof. Jane Ginsborg
Claire Glasman
Murray Glickman
David Goldberg
Paul Goldman
Simon Goodman
John Goodman
Peter Gorbach
Tony Graham
Rosalind Grainger
Alice Gray
Ilse Gray
Elleanne Green
Heinz Grünewald
Ash Hardenne
Alison Harris
Jeanne Heal
Prof Susan Himmelweit
Andrew Hornung
Katharine Hoskyns
Mike Howard
Jonathan Hyams
Selma James
Lin James
Riva Joffe
Ann Jungman
Michael Kalmanovitz
L Sasha Kaplin
Stephen Kapos
Jenny Kassman
Richard Keidan
Monash Kessler
Jenny King
Godfrey King
Katherina Kohler
Simon Korner
Dr Agnes Kory
Debbie Krantz
Richard Kuper
Jon Kurta
Prof Frank Land
Michelle Laufer
Pam Laurance
Daniel Laverick
Mike Layward
Dr Sydney Leaman
Joanna Leigh
Jessica Leschnikoff
Cllr Leah Levane
Rachel Lever
John Lipetz
Robert Lizar
Ruth Lukom
Simon Lynn
Deborah Maccoby
Dorothy Macedo
Nikki Mailer
Jenny Manson
Jessica Manson
Helen Marks
Stephen Marks
Gillian McCall
Jeff McCracken-Hewson
Terence McGinity
Ros Meadow
Rita Mendelson
Dr Heather Mendick
Angie Mindel
Prof David Mond
Diana Neslen
David Nissen
Gary Ostrolenk
Jonathan Parish
Susan Pashkoff
Helen Pearson
Jacob Prager
Caroline Raine
Reuben Ramsay
Roland Rance
Tom Reed
Jenny Richardson
Siôn Rickard
Prof Marion Roberts
Prof Jonathan Rosenhead
Benny Ross
Carolyn Roth
Richard Saffron
Esther Saraga
Ian Saville
Monika Schwartz
Josepha Scotney
Mike Scott
Amanda Sebestyen
Glyn Secker
Jenny Secretan
Irene Sedler
Marian Sedley
Ruth Selwyn
Brian Shade
Janet Silver
Liz Silver
Ludi Simpson
Pam Singer
Mark Smithson
Stephen Solley QC
David Sperlinger
Ruth Steigman
Dr Alexandra Stein
Adrian Stern
Martin Stevenson
Benny Talbot
Deborah Talmi
Inbar Tamari
Norman Traub
Tessa van Gelderen
Daniel Vulliamy
Brian Warshaw
Sam Weinstein
Charlotte Prager Williams
George Wilmers
Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi
Debbie Windley
Roy Wolfe
Miriam Yagud
Dr Gillian Yudkin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 07:33:01 PM »
There will always turkeys who vote for Christmas IMO.  I suppose the views of all the Jews who left the party or who spoke out against Corbyn or who were racially abused by other Labour members or who encountered [ censored word]emitism within the party don’t count.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 07:49:30 PM »
There will always turkeys who vote for Christmas IMO.  I suppose the views of all the Jews who left the party or who spoke out against Corbyn or who were racially abused by other Labour members or who encountered [ censored word]emitism within the party don’t count.

Name them....as I have ? ( please exclude those with preexisting ties to Israel- friendly groups or  organisations ).

BTW are you suggesting that the Jewish people mentioned in my post are too stupid not to recognise they are part of a party which tolerates ant-semitism ? Isn’t that anti-Semitic in itself ?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 09:50:32 PM by Faithlilly »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 08:53:39 PM »

I was hoping not to have to comment, but Jew hating makes me sick to my stomach.  I will never be able to understand this.

But never mind eh!  We don't all feel like that.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 09:03:28 PM »
I was hoping not to have to comment, but Jew hating makes me sick to my stomach.  I will never be able to understand this.

I will never understand any kind of racism.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2020, 09:29:48 PM »

[ censored word]emitism might by now have been a thing of the past, had the Nazis won.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 02:09:07 PM by Admin »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 09:35:02 PM »
I will never understand any kind of racism.

And I believe that you don't.  But defining Racism is very difficult, and only too often something as seen as Racism when it actually isn't.

We demean the whole thing without much thought.

I have always been a little on the brown side.  My skin is darker than most English people, but then my father looked like  a Ghurka.  And never anyone more Irish than he was.

I have always been a bit pleased to be a bit more brown.  Crass by half, eh what.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 11:10:51 PM »
Name them....as I have ? ( please exclude those with preexisting ties to Israel- friendly groups or  organisations ).

BTW are you suggesting that the Jewish people mentioned in my post are too stupid not to recognise they are part of a party which tolerates ant-semitism ? Isn’t that anti-Semitic in itself ?
Of course it’s not anti-semitic, or explain exactly why it is, then explain why it is not anti-semitic to criticise Jews who left the Labour Party on the grounds of [ censored word]emitism while you’re at it.. 

You want the names of every Jew who quit the Labour Party because of anti-semitism, but on your terms only??  That’s very reasonable I’m sure.  @)(++(*

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 12:09:11 AM »
Of course it’s not anti-semitic, or explain exactly why it is, then explain why it is not anti-semitic to criticise Jews who left the Labour Party on the grounds of [ censored word]emitism while you’re at it.. 

You want the names of every Jew who quit the Labour Party because of anti-semitism, but on your terms only??  That’s very reasonable I’m sure.  @)(++(*

The amount that I have posted who support Corbyn and the Labour Party will do.