Author Topic: Removal of posts and thread titles.  (Read 1513 times)

Offline John

Removal of posts and thread titles.
« on: March 10, 2014, 08:00:10 PM »
Note by Senior Editor.

Standing instruction to all moderators is to delete posts which break the forum rules.  If posters insist on commenting on each other rather than the topic under discussion as was seen on this very thread earlier today then the mods will act.  The consequences of not doing so is that threads become impossible to follow for other readers.  Posters who persist in taking threads off topic will now receive a warning.

A point was made earlier about thread titles.  Most requests to open new threads are approved and it is up to the creator of that thread to provide a suitable title within the limits imposed.  The only time this will be edited is if it lacks clarity or if the discussion within the thread has moved slightly. 

TY
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:39:23 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Moderator

Re: Removal of posts and thread titles.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 12:57:57 PM »
The way I perceive the problem is that there are one or two members who delight in taking the threads off at a tangent at every opportunity.  If it isn't corrected swiftly enough then many other members are inadvertently drawn in to an off topic discussion.  Members must always be wary of what they post and always check that what they are responding to relates to the theme of that particular thread.

Offline a.baker

Re: Removal of posts and thread titles.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 03:19:48 AM »
Could someone please explain to me why my posts keep being deleted without explanation? I know many members have left the forum because of this. If posts don't break the rules and are not off topic,then why do they just disappear with no good reason?