Author Topic: Who, when were Police called to OC? When did they arrive? incl GNR PJ & Interpol  (Read 12762 times)

Offline jassi

Which one or ones?    Well the one about locking up the apartment has me totally baffled.  Did the PJ lock the apartment after they went home, or was it left open so the GNR had a base to work from?

Were the McCanns told they can take whatever they like that night as Kate says?

Your post 28 would do for a start

"The efforts to stop a potential kidnapping were rather pitiful.  When I think it through it is one of the hardest things to do.  A kidnapper would put the child in the boot so there would be no child to see in the car.  Has that ever been achieved before?"

How else should one interpret that?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

Your post 28 would do for a start

"The efforts to stop a potential kidnapping were rather pitiful.  When I think it through it is one of the hardest things to do.  A kidnapper would put the child in the boot so there would be no child to see in the car.  Has that ever been achieved before?"

How else should one interpret that?
I read all those GNR statements and not one sounded like an effective way of catching a child kidnapper.  Could they have inspected every car leaving PdL that night.  How many roads would they have had to block off?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

Did I?

Yes you did. "The efforts to stop a potential kidnapping were rather pitiful." Then you say " How would you ever organise sufficient roadblocks to stop an abduction?"

You seem to be lurching from one opinion to the opposite one.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

The efforts to stop a potential kidnapping were rather pitiful.  When I think it through it is one of the hardest things to do.  A kidnapper would put the child in the boot so there would be no child to see in the car.  Has that ever been achieved before?
Several people seem to have objected to my post but what I noted there were dribs and drabs of GNR turning up over the night.  I'd like to know what the best response from the GNR could have been?

Could they have mustered 100 soldiers to establish roadblocks on all the roads leading out of PdL?  The sort of response one would expect if there was a genuine kidnapping.

What I notice was the GNR going around looking over areas already covered by the T9 and the areas covered by the OC missing child procedures.

Look and contrast to the way the Ocean Club procedures were kicked into action.  Lyndsay called at around 10:20 PM and the procedures commenced searching by 10:25 and by the time John Hill turned up there were 100 staff and volunteers involved in the search.
I find that a truly remarkable response and amazing organisation by the lower level staff.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

Several people seem to have objected to my post but what I noted there were dribs and drabs of GNR turning up over the night.  I'd like to know what the best response from the GNR could have been?

Could they have mustered 100 soldiers to establish roadblocks on all the roads leading out of PdL?  The sort of response one would expect if there was a genuine kidnapping.

What I notice was the GNR going around looking over areas already covered by the T9 and the areas covered by the OC missing child procedures.

Look and contrast to the way the Ocean Club procedures were kicked into action.  Lyndsay called at around 10:20 PM and the procedures commenced searching by 10:25 and by the time John Hill turned up there were 100 staff and volunteers involved in the search.
I find that a truly remarkable response and amazing organisation by the lower level staff.

So, should the GNR do this every time a child wanders out of an unattended flat?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

The efforts to stop a potential kidnapping were rather pitiful.  When I think it through it is one of the hardest things to do.  A kidnapper would put the child in the boot so there would be no child to see in the car.  Has that ever been achieved before?
I seem to recall most of the GNR were aware the parents and their friends were treating the case as an abduction.  There was some effort put in by the GNR to treat it as a possible abduction, some warnings had gone out to patrols over the country and to the local airport.  There was trouble getting a response to the call out at the airport though and that was recorded.
Did any one of the road patrols take any action based on the requests? 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:42:03 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

So, should the GNR do this every time a child wanders out of an unattended flat?
A lot of people had been searching the local area for the best part of 30 minutes when the first two GNR called in.  The T9 had been looking from just after 10:00.

That phone call supposedly from the UK Consulate telling him (Officer Roque) that the GNR did not have jurisdiction but the PJ were to handle the case.  Who was that?  Was that genuine, did that kill his ability to activate a full blown response without the permission of the PJ?  I would have hated to have been in Roque's shoes, he'd be wondering who in the PJ was dealing with this case, when are they coming what do they want me to do?

When the PJ do finally turn up they cover the same ground the GNR had already done, the passports were in the apartment, Madeleine wasn't going to cross a border with her old passport.  Pointless taking down those details again.
They took a few photos and left the apartment locked or unlocked no one knows for sure.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:44:09 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

A lot of people had been searching the local area for the best part of 30 minutes when the first two GNR called in.  The T9 had been looking from just after 10:00.

That phone call supposedly from the UK Consulate telling him (Officer Roque) that the GNR did not have jurisdiction but the PJ were to handle the case.  Who was that?  Was that genuine, did that kill his ability to activate a full blown response without the permission of the PJ?  I would have hated to have been in Roque's shoes, he'd be wondering who in the PJ was dealing with this case, when are they coming what do they want me to do?

When the PJ do finally turn up they cover the same ground the GNR had already done, the passports were in the apartment, Madeleine wasn't going to cross a border with her old passport.  Pointless taking down those details again.
They took a few photos and left the apartment locked or unlocked no one knows for sure.

Passports weren’t necessarily required.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

Passports weren’t necessarily required.
The McCanns had their passports with them that is fact.  Did they need them at the airports to prove they were European Union citizens?  I don't know the policies over there.

As soon as the first two dog patrols had indicated Madeline had wandered as far as the car park, that should have sent alarm bells ringing for the reason a trail ends in a car park is likely to be because a car is involved.
Did the GNR not report this to the PJ that night?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 08:23:57 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

The McCanns had their passports with them that is fact.  Did they need them at the airports to prove they were European Union citizens?  I don't know the policies over there.

As soon as the first two dog patrols had indicate Madeline had wandered as far as the car park, that should have sent alarm bells ringing for the reason a trail ends in a car park is likely to be because a car is involved.

Portugal is in the Schengen area so no passports needed to move to adjacent countries.

Offline Robittybob1

Portugal is in the Schengen area so no passports needed to move to adjacent countries.
What about at airports getting back from the Portugal to the UK did they have to show their passports?  Well tell me why did they bring their passports on holiday, and why would both the GNR and the PJ ask the McCanns for their passport details as a priority?
Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

What about at airports getting back from the Portugal to the UK did they have to show their passports?  Well tell me why did they bring their passports on holiday, and why would both the GNR and the PJ ask the McCanns for their passport details as a priority?

Lookup Schengen area. Easier than trying to explain.

Offline Brietta

As soon as the first two dog patrols had indicate Madeline had wandered as far as the car park, that should have sent alarm bells ringing for the reason a trail ends in a car park is likely to be because a car is involved.
Thing is though ... the dogs and their handlers started at the apartment and followed a trail which ended up in the car park ... but was that necessarily the direction of travel? Were they tracking Madeleine or a stronger scent?

Is it possible the trail started in the car park, turned right to move up the street, crossed the road to the lane and from there proceeded along the apartment block to end, not start at the apartment door?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

Thing is though ... the dogs and their handlers started at the apartment and followed a trail which ended up in the car park ... but was that necessarily the direction of travel? Were they tracking Madeleine or a stronger scent?

Is it possible the trail started in the car park, turned right to move up the street, crossed the road to the lane and from there proceeded along the apartment block to end, not start at the apartment door?
I've never trained a tracking dog, but I'd imagine it was looking for the strongest trail leading from the apartment.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

Lookup Schengen area. Easier than trying to explain.
https://traveltips.usatoday.com/europeans-need-passport-travel-between-countries-europe-105883.html
EU Countries Requiring Passports
Certain countries in the European Union do not belong to the Schengen Area, and EU nationals must show their passports – or other valid national ID – when entering or exiting these countries. At the time of publication, European nationals must show their IDs when entering or exiting the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Croatia, Bulgaria or Romania. The U.K.'s upcoming exit from the EU may further affect this, however the regulations have not been put in place yet."
Moderation