Author Topic: Who, when were Police called to OC? When did they arrive? incl GNR PJ & Interpol  (Read 12748 times)

Offline jassi

Who observes the GNR arriving?

Robin Crossland seems to keep quite a good record of the events.  He says: "That at around 22H50, local elements of the GNR arrived and took charge of the occurrence, and began to manage and lead the search operations of the child missing in the area;
. That until the GNR arrived at the local it was John Hill who determined what to do; "

Silvia turns up in time to accompany the GNR over to the apartment.
"She drove immediately to the Ocean Club where she arrived a few minutes before elements of the GNR popped in.

After she arrived she went immediately to the apartment A5 where she found several people inside the apartment and outside of it. She entered in the flat but soon left without having spoken with anyone, because she was informed that elements of the GNR were in the principal reception. She went there to meet them.

When she came close to the elements of the GNR she found that behind her was
Gerry, Madeleine's father, accompanied by another man whose identity she doesn't remember.

Then Gerry kneeled down, hit the floor with both hands, positioning himself as if he were a praying Arab, and screamed twice of anger, what he said being impossible to understand. Then Gerry stand up and accompanied her (the witness) and the other man in the car of the GNR to the apartment A5.

She entered the apartment and asked for the passports of all elements of the family, and also photographs of the missing girl. She went with Gerry to the GNR car to hand over the requested documents. She mentions she did this, as well as other tasks, at the request of the GNR Commandant, because she could translate their questions and the missing girl's family's answers.
She remembers Gerry gave the Commandant of several photographs of the missing girl. They were postcard-like pictures, taking into account their size and shape and seemed all the same to her."

It confuses me a little for the GNR want the passports and photos and so do the PJ.  It seems repetitive but maybe that is what happens when there are two police forces.

I get the impression that police work can be repetitive with different people asking for the same information at different times.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

The efforts to stop a potential kidnapping were rather pitiful.  When I think it through it is one of the hardest things to do.  A kidnapper would put the child in the boot so there would be no child to see in the car.  Has that ever been achieved before?

What exactly did you expect? Road blocks on every road in Portugal stopping and searching every single vehicle? Police at all Portuguese airports checking every single passenger travelling with small girls? Police stopping everyone with a small girl on every street in Portugal? Has any police force anywhere in the world ever done that?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:54:52 AM by G-Unit »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

The efforts to stop a potential kidnapping were rather pitiful.  When I think it through it is one of the hardest things to do.  A kidnapper would put the child in the boot so there would be no child to see in the car.  Has that ever been achieved before?

What are the lines to be drawn up,a stop and search perimeter of how many miles? no one but no one saw any thing suspicious involving a bundling of a child into a car.Given there were at least two reports of two separate persons carrying kids around.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:52:54 AM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

What are the lines to be drawn up,a stop and search perimeter of how many miles? no one but no one saw any thing suspicious involving a bundling of a child into a car.Given there were at least two reports of two separate persons carrying kids around.
And one of those reports didn't surface for another 2 weeks.  How long did it take to mobilise 8 GNR officers?  How would you ever organise sufficient roadblocks to stop an abduction?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

I get the impression that police work can be repetitive with different people asking for the same information at different times.
Why didn't the GNR hand over the information they had to the PJ when they arrived.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

And one of those reports didn't surface for another 2 weeks.  How long did it take to mobilise 8 GNR officers?  How would you ever organise sufficient roadblocks to stop an abduction?

First you establish an abduction took place,like I said before why set up road blocks if there were no reports of any one bundling a child into a car.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:27:34 AM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

First you establish an abduction took place,like I said before why set up road blocks if there were no reports of any one bundling a child into a car.
But even if there was there was no way of getting the machinery in place to stop that car.  Think of bank robbers they end up changing identity, and changing cars.
Moderation

Offline barrier

But even if there was there was no way of getting the machinery in place to stop that car.  Think of bank robbers they end up changing identity, and changing cars.
Leave it out Rob.

Offline Robittybob1

Leave it out Rob.
What I'm saying the thought of stopping the transit of a kidnapped girl is virtually impossible.
Moderation

Offline barrier

What I'm saying the thought of stopping the transit of a kidnapped girl is virtually impossible.

Off topic I know but Robert Black was only caught after some one saw him abduct a girl.

Offline G-Unit

Why criticise what the Portuguese did then?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

Why criticise what the Portuguese did then?
Did I?
Moderation

Offline jassi

Did I?

Some of your recent posts can be interpreted in that fashion.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

Which one or ones?    Well the one about locking up the apartment has me totally baffled.  Did the PJ lock the apartment after they went home, or was it left open so the GNR had a base to work from?

Were the McCanns told they can take whatever they like that night as Kate says?
Moderation

Offline Eleanor

In Your Opinion.