Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591525 times)

Offline Victoria

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #270 on: December 27, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »
"After David left, Kate dressed and sat with the children, Madeleine on her lap. She was wearing a top, she doesn’t remember what colour it was, a green long-sleeved t-shirt, blue denim trousers. Sports shoes and white socks."

Wearing jeans?

"She says that the sofa (letter E) supposedly was against the side window, because she doesn’t remember anyone having gone behind it."

The crumpled curtain is unusual? Did the cleaner leave it like that or somebody else?

"Gerry was wearing blue denim trousers and sports shoes. She doesn’t remember what else he was wearing. She thinks that before she left she put on a cream coloured polar fleece with a zipper, and on top a blue raincoat, also with a zipper. Concerning Gerry, she doesn’t know if he put on any other clothing items."

Gerry was also wearing jeans?

Why are you worrying about whether or not they were wearing jeans?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #271 on: December 27, 2013, 02:38:06 PM »

He's a fashion guru.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #272 on: December 27, 2013, 03:51:16 PM »

He's a fashion guru.

Well said and here's my trouser fashion guru tips for Victoria

"He was wearing cream or beige-coloured cloth trousers in a classic cut in a cotton type of cloth." (Martin Smith)

Don't let any dogs play with these as they like to bite and bark at them

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #273 on: December 27, 2013, 04:26:43 PM »
Thursday 3 May

"The only other unexplained detail I remember from that morning was a large, brown stain I noticed on Madeleine’s pink Eeyore pyjama top. I couldn’t recall seeing it the night before and I had no idea how it might have got there. It looked like a tea stain. Gerry and I do drink quite a bit of tea, and Madeleine, too, would have the odd small cup. So at the time I just assumed it was a drink spillage that had escaped our attention, and that might well be all it was. But now, of course, we can no longer make assumptions about anything that can’t be accounted for."

Hypothesis - Madeleine didn't want it and spat the tea back out onto her pyjama top or was it something else that she spat back out?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Benice

« Reply #274 on: December 27, 2013, 04:49:03 PM »
Well said and here's my trouser fashion guru tips for Victoria

"He was wearing cream or beige-coloured cloth trousers in a classic cut in a cotton type of cloth." (Martin Smith)

Don't let any dogs play with these as they like to bite and bark at them

So why didn't Eddie alert to those items of clothing, or in fact any items of clothing, when he was searching the apartment where those items were in situ at the time he was conducting his search?       

If he could detect a scent from an item inside a car which apparently, (according to Grime) - was coming out from the bottom of a closed sealed door -  then detecting scent on clothing in drawers and cupboards should have been a walk in the park for him.  Don't you agree?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #275 on: December 27, 2013, 05:40:38 PM »
I honestly don't know but they separate all the clothes to do a proper search so it is done that way for a reason. I presume Eddie has to get really close to alert on clothes so a drawer full would be too far away and hard to tell if one piece of clothing out of many packed in a drawer would be positive or not. That's a guess so I don't know.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 05:52:28 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline sadie

« Reply #276 on: December 27, 2013, 11:34:26 PM »
When talking about the buttons on the slacks.

So why didn't Eddie alert to those items of clothing, or in fact any items of clothing, when he was searching the apartment where those items were in situ at the time he was conducting his search?       

If he could detect a scent from an item inside a car which apparently, (according to Grime) - was coming out from the bottom of a closed sealed door -  then detecting scent on clothing in drawers and cupboards should have been a walk in the park for him.  Don't you agree?

8@??)(  What a brilliant observation, Benice.  SY could benefit from you !

AnneGuedes

« Reply #277 on: December 28, 2013, 12:58:28 AM »

the bottom of a closed sealed door
Sealed ?

Offline sadie

« Reply #278 on: December 28, 2013, 02:05:48 AM »
Sealed ?
Yep, of course it is sealed.  If it weren't sealed, it wou;d let the rain in.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #279 on: December 28, 2013, 10:37:34 AM »
Yep, of course it is sealed.  If it weren't sealed, it wou;d let the rain in.
Sealed means airtight and watertight. Car doors in use aren't sealed.

Offline Benice

« Reply #280 on: December 28, 2013, 11:45:09 AM »
Sealed means airtight and watertight. Car doors in use aren't sealed.

With respect Ann I think you are nitpicking.   Grime uses the word 'seal' in his explanation of how Eddie came to alert at the car door.   

Car doors have rubber seals all round their interior to ensure the doors fit absolutely snugly when they are closed so that no water can get in.  Common sense dictates that it will be more difficult for odour to escape from such a securely closed car -  than from cupboards and drawers which have no seals whatsoever.     But I'm sure you already know that.

So the question still remains -  Why did Eddie fail to alert  to the items of clothing which were present at the time of his search at the villa -  but which he then later alerted to at the Gym after their removal by the PJ?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #281 on: December 28, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »
With respect Ann I think you are nitpicking.   Grime uses the word 'seal' in his explanation of how Eddie came to alert at the car door.   

Car doors have rubber seals all round their interior to ensure the doors fit absolutely snugly when they are closed so that no water can get in.  Common sense dictates that it will be more difficult for odour to escape from such a securely closed car -  than from cupboards and drawers which have no seals whatsoever.     But I'm sure you already know that.

So the question still remains -  Why did Eddie fail to alert  to the items of clothing which were present at the time of his search at the villa -  but which he then later alerted to at the Gym after their removal by the PJ?
I don't think I'm "nitpicking", I was just referring to the definition of "sealed". I can't remember Mr Grime saying the car door was sealed, but it doesn't matter.
What I know is that when a car falls into a river, water gets inside it mainly through the doors.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #282 on: December 28, 2013, 12:04:37 PM »

Benice, I'm not aware of a video or a description of Eddie being in the room where the items were kept and not alerting at all.

Offline Benice

« Reply #283 on: December 28, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »
I don't think I'm "nitpicking", I was just referring to the definition of "sealed". I can't remember Mr Grime saying the car door was sealed, but it doesn't matter.
What I know is that when a car falls into a river, water gets inside it mainly through the doors.

Well I'm at a loss to understand what your point is if you are not nitpicking? 

To get back to the point - IMO if Eddie could detect a scent coming from inside a closed car which uses rubber seals to ensure the doors tightly fit when closed -   then detecting scent coming from not one but several different items of clothing - even if they were in cupboards or drawers which have no seals at all  -  should have been a simple task for him?   Don't you agree?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #284 on: December 28, 2013, 12:31:24 PM »
Well I'm at a loss to understand what your point is if you are not nitpicking? 

To get back to the point - IMO if Eddie could detect a scent coming from inside a closed car which uses rubber seals to ensure the doors tightly fit when closed -   then detecting scent coming from not one but several different items of clothing - even if they were in cupboards or drawers which have no seals at all  -  should have been a simple task for him?   Don't you agree?
I do indeed agree with that.
I understood the "nitpicking" was about the car door being "sealed".
In fact my first "sealed ?" was because you seemed to state that the car had been properly "sealed", which would of course prevent any detection by the dog.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.