Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591634 times)

Offline a.baker

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #525 on: June 18, 2014, 07:26:19 PM »
I have been wondering about something GM said on the Crimewatch programme last year. Asked about the day Madeleine was born he said "she was almost perfectly formed'. What did he mean by "almost"? Was she born premature does anyone know?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #526 on: June 18, 2014, 07:50:58 PM »
It was a definite 2 possibly 3.
Only about three peeps in the world have ever posted the correct quantity.

Offline John

« Reply #527 on: June 18, 2014, 10:48:03 PM »
I have been wondering about something GM said on the Crimewatch programme last year. Asked about the day Madeleine was born he said "she was almost perfectly formed'. What did he mean by "almost"? Was she born premature does anyone know?

Possibly a reference to the coloboma which Madeleine had.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:50:06 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #528 on: June 19, 2014, 04:37:17 PM »
"Almost perfectly formed"?... words just fail me-imagine saying that about your daughter on national TV.
She is an adorable, sweet looking girl in  her pictures!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #529 on: June 19, 2014, 05:22:12 PM »
"Almost perfectly formed"?... words just fail me-imagine saying that about your daughter on national TV.
She is an adorable, sweet looking girl in  her pictures!

I must admit I raised an eyebrow when I first heard that comment.  They do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #530 on: June 19, 2014, 05:26:55 PM »
IMO He thought she was a credible enough witness to arrange for her to attend the Identity parade re Robert Murat.

Her credibililty became 'inconvenient' to him only after he decided it was the McCanns wot dunnit - then imo he did everything he could to discredit her as a credible witness and has carried on lying about her ever since - especially in his 'nodding donkey' interviews IIRC.

Gerry McCann discredited Tanner, Oakley discredited Tanner. In fact it would be hard to find anyone associated with this case who didn't discredit Tanner.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Benice

« Reply #531 on: June 19, 2014, 05:34:37 PM »
Gerry McCann discredited Tanner, Oakley discredited Tanner. In fact it would be hard to find anyone associated with this case who didn't discredit Tanner.

SY believe her.  As they are the experts - that's good enough for me.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #532 on: June 19, 2014, 05:44:15 PM »
SY believe her.  As they are the experts - that's good enough for me.

Experts in the Barry George case ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #533 on: June 19, 2014, 07:02:59 PM »
Experts in the Barry George case ?

when will you understand the judicial process...it was the court...not the detectives who found barry George guilty...
unlike portugal where the mccanns have been found guilty by the detectives

stephen25000

« Reply #534 on: June 19, 2014, 07:45:01 PM »
when will you understand the judicial process...it was the court...not the detectives who found barry George guilty...
unlike portugal where the mccanns have been found guilty by the detectives

The police gathered the evidence.

The forensics were plain wrong.

The police had a target.

etc.

Martina

« Reply #535 on: June 19, 2014, 08:21:19 PM »
Some excerpts from the Silvia Barista's statements:

She observed that none of the elements of the group including the father and mother
of the child was concerned with looking for her.
The mother was sitting on the bed of her room, the father was with her (the witness) and the elements of the GNR, and other elements of the group got in and out
and spoke on the phone, anxious, in her opinion, to tell the press what happened.

This does not require any comment, does it?

At a certain point the deponent translated a statement from one of the ladies of the English
group, the lady she indicated as being dark-skinned. This lady said to the police officers, and the
deponent translated, that she had seen a man walking [passing] in the street, possibly with a child
in his arms.

Errr... Would any of you describe Jane Tanner as dark-skinned?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #536 on: June 19, 2014, 10:53:33 PM »
Some excerpts from the Silvia Barista's statements ...
"At a certain point the deponent translated a statement from one of the ladies of the English
group, the lady she indicated as being dark-skinned. This lady said to the police officers, and the
deponent translated, that she had seen a man walking [passing] in the street, possibly with a child
in his arms.
The lady described as dark-skinned is RO, who first informed GNR about JT's sighting.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:40:07 AM by John »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #537 on: June 20, 2014, 08:20:04 PM »
14 August 2007 - Susan Moyes owns an apartment two floors above the one the McCanns stayed in.

Q: Can you take us back to that night and... and what you were doing and when you first heard there was a problem?

Susan Moyes: Sure. We went out for a meal about 7 o'clock, down in the town, we walked back about 9 o'clock, round past, errm... the... the church, round past the supermarket, back to the apartment, went out on the balcony about quarter past nine - everywhere was peaceful, everywhere was lovely - we then went to bed.

We were woken up at half past eleven at night by one of the friends of the McCanns to say 'a little girl' had 'been abducted'; those... those were the words used. So, we got dressed and joined in the search, we were out until about four in the morning with, oooh… about, I don't know, thirty people... thirty other people, maybe. The Mark Warner team were out, errm... and other guests at the Ocean Club.

Q: Now, to... to put it into perspective, we've all seen the pictures of the apartment where the McCanns were staying. How close is yours to theirs?

SM: Directly above, errm... we are but one above. Mrs Fenn, that lives there, was in the apartment below us and then below that was the McCanns, so directly above.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id52.html

Not enough noise coming from below for the Moyes to realise that Madeleine had disappeared.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #538 on: June 20, 2014, 08:44:25 PM »
@pathfinder you could argue it's press invention, but as I understand it those witnesses from 2 floors up are the same witnesses who have reportedly told SY in interviews that on Wed nite they heard crying and saw a couple enter below.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 09:10:47 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #539 on: June 20, 2014, 09:05:28 PM »
@pf ... and if that's true (I think it is), and not newspaper invention, then I know that the witnesses cannot possibly be mixing up which night re crying - it would be definitely Wed nite and definitely not Tue nite
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 09:11:40 PM by pegasus »