Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591561 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #540 on: June 20, 2014, 09:28:03 PM »
Impossible Pegasus,

SM: Yeah, we went out on the Wednesday; the day before sh..., errr... Madeleine went missing and we were out for the month of May.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #541 on: June 20, 2014, 10:03:20 PM »
...we went out on the Wednesday ...
Precisely, exactly as I said, they definitely did not hear crying and see couple on Tue nite.
I think heard they heard crying and saw couple on Wed nite.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:12:39 PM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #542 on: June 20, 2014, 10:11:05 PM »
Precisely, exactly as I said, they definitely did not hear crying and see couple on Tue nite.
I think heard they heard crying and saw couple on Wed nite.

How do you work that out? It they were out on WED they might have been in on TUE and heard crying and saw couple. Rachel was next door and heard no crying on WED at McCann level volume which is very loud.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:18:38 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #543 on: June 20, 2014, 10:28:35 PM »
How do you work that out? It they were out on WED they might have been in on TUE and heard crying and saw couple.
They "went out" (travelled from England to Portugal) on the Wed (2nd)
They were in PDL on Wed nite.
And nowhere near PDL on Tue nite.
So if they did hear crying it was definitely Wed nite not Tue nite.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:30:20 PM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #544 on: June 20, 2014, 10:30:14 PM »
SM: Yeah, we went out on the Wednesday; the day before.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #545 on: June 20, 2014, 10:33:18 PM »
SM: Yeah, we went out on the Wednesday; the day before.
and please read the rest of that sentence  ... about how long they stayed out?
If it means "went out to the pub" that is a mighty long drinking session.
It means "went out to portugal"

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #546 on: June 20, 2014, 10:49:15 PM »
Where are you getting this info about seeing a couple?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #547 on: June 20, 2014, 11:08:59 PM »
Where are you getting this info about seeing a couple?
Unusually this is one UK newspaper article claiming to have new information which I took seriously, but only because it fitted very well with some things I had already worked out re Wed nite.
I don't expect you to believe it, (I seem to be alone in seeing that the crying was Wed not Tue).
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/400796/Mystery-couple-seen-going-into-McCanns-flat-on-night-before-sobbing-Madeleine-disappeared

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #548 on: June 20, 2014, 11:27:19 PM »
Thanks for the link.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #549 on: June 21, 2014, 12:56:04 AM »
... and reading between the lines, if true, seems odd it didn't enter the investigation earlier, as it's clear the witnesses would have reported it ages ago, to some part or other of the investigation in the broad sense, anyway main thing is SY seem to have retrieved any such stuff now.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 12:59:36 AM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #550 on: June 21, 2014, 01:35:17 AM »
... and reading between the lines, if true, seems odd it didn't enter the investigation earlier, as it's clear the witnesses would have reported it ages ago, to some part or other of the investigation in the broad sense, anyway main thing is SY seem to have retrieved any such stuff now.

Gerry said David Payne went in on WED to check on the children. David Payne said he never.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #551 on: June 21, 2014, 02:14:36 AM »
Gerry said David Payne went in on WED to check on the children. David Payne said he never.
First just pointing out that if you place the crying (and it ceasing when some adults get there) on Tue (and not on Wed which is when I think it was), that whole article would be rubbish, because those witnesses were not even in Portugal on Tue.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 02:47:56 AM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #552 on: June 21, 2014, 02:55:31 AM »
I believe Rachel would have heard the kids crying next door on WED but she didn't. Fenn heard it on TUE as in her statement.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #553 on: June 21, 2014, 04:42:15 AM »
I believe Rachel would have heard the kids crying next door on WED but she didn't. Fenn heard it on TUE as in her statement.
Witnesses mentioned in article were not even in PDL on Tue, so the article is of no value to your Tue theory.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #554 on: June 21, 2014, 01:15:21 PM »
Witnesses mentioned in article were not even in PDL on Tue, so the article is of no value to your Tue theory.

From article: "It is already known that Pamela Fenn, who lived directly above apartment 5a, heard a child, believed to be Madeleine, crying for about an hour on the evening of May 2."

That is not correct. Pamela Fenn said May 1.