Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591528 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #570 on: July 31, 2014, 06:22:16 AM »

Of course they would all be interviewed ... and thoroughly. 

That would be virtually the first step.  It goes without saying

Under caution you would assume.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:16:08 PM by John »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #571 on: July 31, 2014, 06:33:15 PM »
That all the children's bedroom windows were closed, notably the windows  that gave access to the bedroom occupied by Madeleine.

That it seemed to him that the shutters of the   Master' bedroom window were open without knowing if the window was also open.

He states that the bedroom has two windows. The twins occupy two cots placed in the middle of the room and Madeleine occupies a bed pushed against the wall, facing the wall which has the two windows that look out onto the outside of the complex. That the door through which he entered the apartment was closed but not locked. That he doesn't know if it is usual for Madeleine's parents to leave the door closed but not locked because that door is visible from the restaurant.

(Matt Oldfield Statement 4 May)

By the way, he clarifies that that news had been communicated to all the friends who were in the Tapas by KM subsequent to her having personally been to her flat to check that her children were well.

The question asked, he relates that she had gone there alone to do that at 21:50.

Noticing the disappearance KM returned in panic to the restaurant where the deponent was in order to tell her husband, GM. (10 May Statement)

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-10MAY.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Shutters of the  Master' bedroom window were open"? Does Matt mean the parent's bedroom? That would connect with the wardrobe and alert outside the parent's bedroom (I think Madeleine left 5A that way).

Can somebody please translate the original Portuguese file for that word "Master" bedroom? Thanks.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD.htm
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:06:21 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #572 on: July 31, 2014, 07:34:55 PM »
Quarto de casal = couple bedroom. Thanks to a friend.

"That it seemed to him that the shutters of the couple's bedroom window were open without knowing if the window was also open."

Another very important insight from Matt in his 4 May statement and connects with the bedroom alert and alert outside. My theory has Madeleine being taken from the wardrobe and exiting via parent's bedroom window. It's not an exit an abductor would use IMO.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:34:14 PM by John »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #573 on: August 04, 2014, 11:25:48 AM »

Kids jacket on wardrobe

Offline pegasus

« Reply #574 on: August 04, 2014, 08:31:22 PM »
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id251.html
I remember going into Kate and Gerry’s err bedroom with Gerry and he’d perhaps you know fling a cupboard open and just have a look and, ah you know and just shut the door and you know in a vein, desperate hope that she might have been err you know in, in the wardrobe or something, and then he, you know flung him, flung himself on the floor and just you know kicking the floor and just with, you know, she’s gone, she’s gone
Is this the only specific reference to someone opening and closing one of the doors of the south bedroom wardrobe?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #575 on: August 04, 2014, 11:02:54 PM »
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id251.htmlIs this the only specific reference to someone opening and closing one of the doors of the south bedroom wardrobe?

"Refusing to acknowledge what I already knew, and perhaps automatically going into a well-practised medical-emergency mode, I quickly scoured the apartment to exclude all other possibilities, mentally ticking boxes that I knew, deep down, were already ticked. I checked the wardrobe in the children’s room. I ran into the kitchen, throwing open all the cupboard doors, into our bedroom, searching the wardrobes, in and out of the bathroom, all within about fifteen seconds, before hurtling out through the patio doors and down towards Gerry and our friends." (Madeleine)

Gerry said 10 minutes  >@@(*&)

----- Half and hour later without anything to signal, it being 22h03, he turned to alert KATE that it was time for her to go to see the children. She immediately made her way to the apartment by the usual path, she having entered by the rear door. About 10 minutes later, he started to worry about her lateness and, at the moment he prepared to stand and to go to see the reason for her lateness, KATE appeared running, completely distraught and crying, saying that MADELEINE had disappeared and that she was sure because she had looked throughout the house. (GM 10 May)

When asked about the time he went to check the children on the night of Madeleine's disappearance, he states remembering that he did it, according to his watch, around 21:04. (GM 7 Sep)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:13:26 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #576 on: August 04, 2014, 11:44:08 PM »
... all within about fifteen seconds ...
15 seconds is far from a complete search. BTW no search behind sofa is mentioned.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #577 on: August 05, 2014, 12:01:54 AM »
15 seconds is far from a complete search. BTW no search behind sofa is mentioned.

I thought the cot was blocking the kids wardrobe?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #579 on: August 05, 2014, 12:45:39 AM »
Who says that pfinder?

The photos but on reflection you could probably open the door a tiny bit to have a look inside so it's possible IMO. But it's awkward unless you moved the cot.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:50:59 AM by pathfinder73 »

Offline misty

« Reply #580 on: August 05, 2014, 01:09:32 AM »
The photos but on reflection you could probably open the door a tiny bit to have a look inside so it's possible IMO. But it's awkward unless you moved the cot.

Logic would dictate that if the cot was blocking the door Madeleine could not have been inside.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #581 on: August 05, 2014, 01:29:18 AM »
Logic would dictate that if the cot was blocking the door Madeleine could not have been inside.

You would think so but Kate said she checked inside.

"I checked the wardrobe in the children’s room." (Madeleine)

Offline misty

« Reply #582 on: August 05, 2014, 01:37:03 AM »
You would think so but Kate said she checked inside.

"I checked the wardrobe in the children’s room." (Madeleine)

I think the clue is on the end of the cot, don't you? The cots in the pictures have been stripped of bedding & are probably not in the exact positions they were at 10pm.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #583 on: August 05, 2014, 01:58:56 AM »
I think the clue is on the end of the cot, don't you? The cots in the pictures have been stripped of bedding & are probably not in the exact positions they were at 10pm.

Those were the crime scene photos. Why would you move a cot to take a child out?

"the bed sheets on the twins' cots were not there." (TOTL)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:02:50 AM by pathfinder73 »

Offline misty

« Reply #584 on: August 05, 2014, 02:12:46 AM »
Those were the crime scene photos. Why would you move a cot to take a child out?

The right-hand cot would have had to have been moved to gain access to the window without disturbing the bed underneath. I'm not sure exactly where it was positioned when Kate entered the room at around 10pm, but she doesn't say she had to move it to check the wardrobe.
Poignantly, I can see where Madeleine's legs had lain under the covers in that photo, unless it's a trick of the light.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:47:41 AM by John »