Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591650 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #600 on: August 18, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »

Sorry if I have duplicated and it has been discussed before - I'm pretty new here & it's quite hard finding your way around (especially when posts are moved or deleted).
I was re-reading all the OC employees' statements on another forum last night & found it unbelieveable just how many RM had translated, and how many nannies/staff weren't asked to account for their movements on that fateful night.

Excellent research Anna and Misty.

It is new to me as well.

These discrepancies in statements are the sort of things which should have been gone into more thoroughly at the time. I imagine these are the sort of issues SY wish to clarify in interviews with their request to interview witnesses.

I wonder if Nuno was contacted on the landline or his cell phone with the request for a flashlight; if he was on call I imagine he would have been issued with a cell.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #601 on: August 18, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »
There were 2 Hayleys. See Vol 4 page 852

Thank you for that, Pegasus. It makes sense as Hayley Aldridge (who seems to have escape the glare of the PJ files) was also Mark Warner employee form the UK like Susan.
An interesting interview with her two years ago - this case has left its mark far & wide.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hairandbeautyjobs.com%2Fcommunity_subpages.php%3Fcommunityid%3D7%26id%3D40&ei=akLyU-fBDYGn0QX92AE&usg=AFQjCNEvnbuJtA1oqxU91jrpNtrzZjm_vQ&bvm=bv.73231344,d.d2k

Offline Anna

« Reply #602 on: August 18, 2014, 07:39:52 PM »
Thank you for that, Pegasus. It makes sense as Hayley Aldridge (who seems to have escape the glare of the PJ files) was also Mark Warner employee form the UK like Susan.
An interesting interview with her two years ago - this case has left its mark far & wide.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hairandbeautyjobs.com%2Fcommunity_subpages.php%3Fcommunityid%3D7%26id%3D40&ei=akLyU-fBDYGn0QX92AE&usg=AFQjCNEvnbuJtA1oqxU91jrpNtrzZjm_vQ&bvm=bv.73231344,d.d2k

Why Is there no statement, when apparently she was interviewed?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline pegasus

« Reply #603 on: August 18, 2014, 07:59:18 PM »
Thanks I hadn't seen that before. And "staff really come together in hard times" would be referring to 2007.

Offline misty

« Reply #604 on: August 18, 2014, 08:09:22 PM »
Why Is there no statement, when apparently she was interviewed?

My guess is there was something in her statement which the public were not supposed to see.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #605 on: August 20, 2014, 01:29:42 AM »
Ok so it's not a police statement, but its a strange statement in a press interview:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1387281/Madeleine-McCann-flat-rented-4-years-vanished.html
"And she added that Portuguese detectives didn't even open any of the cupboards when they cordoned off the flats in the hunt for the missing girl."

A curious claim. Obviously the owner has no way of knowing that. But thought-provoking anyway.

Is it possible that, when the GNR arrived at the apartment, and while GNR were cordoning off the apartment with crimescene ribbons, and while PJ were doing their forensics that night, and throughout all the next day, the object of their search was actually still inside the apartment?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:40:34 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #606 on: August 20, 2014, 02:19:05 AM »
Ok so it's not a police statement, but its a strange statement in a press interview:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1387281/Madeleine-McCann-flat-rented-4-years-vanished.html
"And she added that Portuguese detectives didn't even open any of the cupboards when they cordoned off the flats in the hunt for the missing girl."

A curious claim. Obviously the owner has no way of knowing that. But thought-provoking anyway.

Is it possible that, when the GNR arrived at the apartment, and while GNR were cordoning off the apartment with crimescene ribbons, and while PJ were doing their forensics that night, and throughout all the next day, the object of their search was actually still inside the apartment?

Only if she was wearing one of those special cloaking devices designed by Freescale.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #607 on: August 20, 2014, 03:05:02 AM »
Only if she was wearing one of those special cloaking devices designed by Freescale.
There have been many cases where a child has been reported missing, where both the parents and the police have searched the home and failed to find the child, then a huge search of the outside has been conducted, only for the child to later be found in the home.
Typically in these cases the child has fallen asleep in an odd place inside the home - Here, from real cases, are a few examples of where they fell asleep:
Under a pile of toys - under their own bed - in a chest of drawers - under a beanbag - under a pile of plastic bags in a cupboard under the kitchen sink - under a pile of clothes in a wardrobe
All real cases. It does happen.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:11:47 AM by pegasus »

Offline Benice

« Reply #608 on: August 20, 2014, 08:26:03 AM »
There have been many cases where a child has been reported missing, where both the parents and the police have searched the home and failed to find the child, then a huge search of the outside has been conducted, only for the child to later be found in the home.
Typically in these cases the child has fallen asleep in an odd place inside the home - Here, from real cases, are a few examples of where they fell asleep:
Under a pile of toys - under their own bed - in a chest of drawers - under a beanbag - under a pile of plastic bags in a cupboard under the kitchen sink - under a pile of clothes in a wardrobe
All real cases. It does happen.

I'm sure it does happen.     Those are cases where a thorough search obviously didn't take place.     On the other hand if you do search every inch of the place and the child isn't found   -  you are then in danger of being accused of damaging the crime scene
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #609 on: August 20, 2014, 10:23:36 AM »

I'm sure it does happen.     Those are cases where a thorough search obviously didn't take place.     On the other hand if you do search every inch of the place and the child isn't found   -  you are then in danger of being accused of damaging the crime scene

You can't be accused of tampering with the crime scene by looking everywhere in the apartment e.g. in wardrobes and cupboards for your missing child. But what is unacceptable is deliberate tampering with the raised shutters. Kate got Dianne to try and raise them from the outside and then after she left Fiona arrived and she did the same thing. Why were the shutters so important to the McCanns? Getting other finger prints on them? Trying to break them? That is deliberate tampering with the crime scene. You should know that entry and exit points i.e. doors and windows should be not tampered with at a crime scene and you should keep away from an open window.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:26:13 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Benice

« Reply #610 on: August 20, 2014, 10:41:06 AM »
You can't be accused of tampering with the crime scene by looking everywhere in the apartment e.g. in wardrobes and cupboards for your missing child. But what is unacceptable is deliberate tampering with the raised shutters. Kate got Dianne to try and raise them from the outside and then after she left Fiona arrived and she did the same thing. Why were the shutters so important to the McCanns? Getting other finger prints on them? Trying to break them? That is deliberate tampering with the crime scene. You should know that entry and exit points i.e. doors and windows should be not tampered with at a crime scene and you should keep away from an open window.

Once again you expect the McCanns and co to think and behave like policemen.   Totally unrealistic IMO.

IMO Gerry was hoping that the shutters could not be opened from the outside as that would give him a tiny hope that Madeleine might just  have opened them herself.     Once he found out they could be opened from the outside that last little bit of hope would disappear.

Why do you think that Diane Webster would deliberately tamper with the shutters? 

Have you any evidence that Kate got DW and Fiona to deliberately tamper with them?   I'm not saying it doesn't exist but I don't recall seeing any.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #611 on: August 20, 2014, 11:01:09 AM »
Once again you expect the McCanns and co to think and behave like policemen.   Totally unrealistic IMO.

IMO Gerry was hoping that the shutters could not be opened from the outside as that would give him a tiny hope that Madeleine might just  have opened them herself.    Once he found out they could be opened from the outside that last little bit of hope would disappear.

Why do you think that Diane Webster would deliberately tamper with the shutters? 

Have you any evidence that Kate got DW and Fiona to deliberately tamper with them?   I'm not saying it doesn't exist but I don't recall seeing any.

B*ollocks, Kate knew straight away she'd err been taken y'know, because the shutters were up & the curtains open & she's not lying about that.... there was absolutely no way Maddie could have opened the shutters herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WLvnfcl-Zkg#t=1372

....Yet neither of them bothered to even try picking up the phone & calling the police.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #612 on: August 20, 2014, 10:12:53 PM »

In all those cases I mentioned the searchers did think they had done a complete and thorough search inside the residence.
For example, in the case of the missing child who was eventually discovered under a pile of plastic bags in the cupboard under the sink, the mother had specifically searched in that cupboard at the beginning, and failed to find the child who was in there.
It is a psychological phenomenon - people (parents and police alike) search for a conscious child. They do not search for an unconscious child (i.e. sleeping in all the cases I mentioned so far).

Offline misty

« Reply #613 on: August 20, 2014, 10:36:34 PM »
In all those cases I mentioned the searchers did think they had done a complete and thorough search inside the residence.
For example, in the case of the missing child who was eventually discovered under a pile of plastic bags in the cupboard under the sink, the mother had specifically searched in that cupboard at the beginning, and failed to find the child who was in there.
It is a psychological phenomenon - people (parents and police alike) search for a conscious child. They do not search for an unconscious child (i.e. sleeping in all the cases I mentioned so far).

There was no loft, no cellar in the villa & it would seem very limited storage space.
I assume forensics would have removed the bath panel??

Offline pegasus

« Reply #614 on: August 20, 2014, 11:48:48 PM »
There was no loft, no cellar in the villa & it would seem very limited storage space.
I assume forensics would have removed the bath panel??
So I am not alone in looking at absolutely every physical space, rather than just the obvious ones.
BTW I am looking at apartment (not villa), where see in video physical space between the end of the bath and the south wall of bathroom, this space is enclosed.
However Eddie searches apartment bathroom and does not signal, which rules it out.