Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591563 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #765 on: January 28, 2015, 01:58:50 PM »
I seem to have missed something, PF.

What difference would it make, where the cot was on Wednesday?

It was in the children's room on Thursday.

What would the McCann's gain from lying about that?

That's the big question. Why would they lie about it if it was in their bedroom on Tue night?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #766 on: January 28, 2015, 02:06:30 PM »
Well they wouldn't, unless it was in some way important.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #767 on: January 28, 2015, 02:25:43 PM »
Well they wouldn't, unless it was in some way important.

TUE 1 MAY 2007

"At 21.00 did a kind of quiz with the guests who were having dinner in the restaurant.

She remembers that last Tuesday at the end of the quiz, she was invited to the table of nine guests who asked her to join them for a drink.

When questioned, she said she was at the table from about 21.30 to 21.50."

-- That she recalls there being an empty place [seat] at the table, not being certain if it had been Madeleine's mother's place given that she is not sure if they had met each other there at that time.
--- The photographs of the group of the McCann's friends having been shown to her, the deponent declares that from those photos seen she has some reservations about David Payne [in that] while she thinks he was also there, she had not noted his presence.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NAJOUA_CHEKAYA.htm

May 1st: "Kate McCann's mobile was next activated six times, in rapid fire, between 22.16 and 22.27, after she had returned to Apartment 5A after dinner. The antenna traffic proves that these calls were not made to any of the "Tapas 9".

http://madeleinemccann.org/blog/2014/04/20/the-pjs-final-report-summary-part-2/

She also refers to the day of the 1st May 2007, when she was at home alone, at approximately 22.30 she heard a child cry, and that due the tone of the crying seemed to be a young child and not a baby of two years of age or younger. Apart from the crying that continued for approximately one hour and fifteen minutes, and which got louder and more expressive, the child shouted 'Daddy, Daddy', the witness had no doubt that the noise came from the floor below.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAMELA_FENN.htm

WED 2 MAY 2007

She remembers that when she entered Apartment A on the Wednesday, the parents were inside. After being duly authorized, she entered and carried out her work, because they were already on their way out. While she was in the apartment, there were no children there, and she supposed that they were in the creche. While performing her work, she remembers having noticed that the couple was sleeping in the room located opposite the entrance, where she confirmed the presence of a child's bed (crib). The room gives onto an outdoor garden by means of a terrace, as it is on the ground floor,. In the room next to the entrance to the apartment there was a bed placed next to the wall (where she supposed the missing child slept), and also the second child's bed (crib). All these beds were untidy at the time, meaning that they had been used. She also declares that in the room next to the entrance was another bed that had not been used. (Maria Julia Serafim da Silva)

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/5A_CLEANER.htm

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:50:24 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #768 on: January 28, 2015, 03:56:03 PM »
The sisters Ms. Naomi and Ms. Brigid Elizabeth Irwin.

Booked at Tapas 20:30 on 3rd May, the same time as T9. All of them that were asked denied seeing them.

They were guests at the OC April 28th to May 5th 2007, Apartment 010B

No statements released.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #769 on: January 28, 2015, 09:49:43 PM »

A perfect illustration of your point is Carol Tranmer's realisation at her rogatory interview that she was in error over dates given in her original statement ... nothing deliberate ... nothing suspicious ... just human error.

If three or four individuals give concise unshakeable statements, all matching, all slotting one into the other with no discernible discrepancies ... I think that would be the time for suspicion.

So consistent statements are suspicious and differing statements are proof of verisimilitude. Talk about screwed up logic.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #770 on: January 28, 2015, 11:15:14 PM »
So consistent statements are suspicious and differing statements are proof of verisimilitude. Talk about screwed up logic.

If I may say so ... a very shallow post.

Instead of being gratuitously rude you should perhaps have taken the time to expand on why you think it is "screwed up logic" that criminals and their associates are likely to collude on strong word perfect alibis for each other while innocent people may well be all over the place in their statements to the police.

Obviously the point I made in my post was not intended to exemplify a rule of thumb; that you have chosen to interpret it as such is I think an attempt at a cheap put down which only reveals an inability to debate points with which you may disagree.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #771 on: January 29, 2015, 12:28:03 AM »
The sisters Ms. Naomi and Ms. Brigid Elizabeth Irwin.

Booked at Tapas 20:30 on 3rd May, the same time as T9. All of them that were asked denied seeing them.

They were guests at the OC April 28th to May 5th 2007, Apartment 010B

No statements released.

Nicole Cox/Raj Balu Room G603 were booked into the Tapas Restaurant at 8.00pm but they didn't dine there. They used the takeaway service.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RAJ_BALU.htm

*snip*
With relation to my movements on Thursday, May 3, 2007, between 18:00
 and 23:00.
 At 16:45 my son was lunching with other children in the Tapas area.

From 15:30 onwards, the bar was full, as normally happened, with the majority of people there. Neil and E*** were having a drink with my wife and I. We had a table reserved in the restaurant for that night, but they were not able to arrange a table and for this reason we decided to leave our table and ate together in their apartment using takeaway service.

My wife left the bar and took our son back to the apartment and E***, Neil’s wife, also took her children to their apartment. Neil and I stayed at the bar drinking and talking with J*** J***** and A*** W******. Neil and I eventually left the bar after 19:00. I don’t remember if we left together or not.

I returned to my apartment and got ready to go out for dinner.

Around 19:00, together with my wife and son, we headed to the Berry apartment. When we arrived, Neil was having problems in assembling a cot, which was placed there for my son. We had to head to the Mark Warner service desk and they sent someone to help us.

Sometime between 19:45 and 20:00, Neil and I left the apartment and went to the Tapas restaurant. We ordered our food and had a drink whilst waiting for the food to arrive. We returned around 20:15-20:30.

We returned the Berry apartment and all of us ate on the veranda.With regard to the question as to how I became aware a child had gone missing and my involvement in the searches;

After 22:00 we were still sitting on the veranda in the Berry apartment. We heard noises downstairs and afterwards found out that a child had disappeared. My testimony dated 6th of May 2007 related the details of the conversation we overheard and the information regarding the paper that Neil and I used in the searches. I cannot add any more details save those which have already been given in this testimony.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonder what conversation he overheard?
And maybe the Irwins didn't go for their evening meal either, despite being on the reservations list.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #772 on: January 29, 2015, 01:09:18 AM »

Nicole Cox/Raj Balu Room G603 were booked into the Tapas Restaurant at 8.00pm but they didn't dine there. They used the takeaway service.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RAJ_BALU.htm

*snip*
With relation to my movements on Thursday, May 3, 2007, between 18:00
 and 23:00.
 At 16:45 my son was lunching with other children in the Tapas area.

From 15:30 onwards, the bar was full, as normally happened, with the majority of people there. Neil and E*** were having a drink with my wife and I. We had a table reserved in the restaurant for that night, but they were not able to arrange a table and for this reason we decided to leave our table and ate together in their apartment using takeaway service.

My wife left the bar and took our son back to the apartment and E***, Neil’s wife, also took her children to their apartment. Neil and I stayed at the bar drinking and talking with J*** J***** and A*** W******. Neil and I eventually left the bar after 19:00. I don’t remember if we left together or not.

I returned to my apartment and got ready to go out for dinner.

Around 19:00, together with my wife and son, we headed to the Berry apartment. When we arrived, Neil was having problems in assembling a cot, which was placed there for my son. We had to head to the Mark Warner service desk and they sent someone to help us.

Sometime between 19:45 and 20:00, Neil and I left the apartment and went to the Tapas restaurant. We ordered our food and had a drink whilst waiting for the food to arrive. We returned around 20:15-20:30.

We returned the Berry apartment and all of us ate on the veranda.With regard to the question as to how I became aware a child had gone missing and my involvement in the searches;

After 22:00 we were still sitting on the veranda in the Berry apartment. We heard noises downstairs and afterwards found out that a child had disappeared. My testimony dated 6th of May 2007 related the details of the conversation we overheard and the information regarding the paper that Neil and I used in the searches. I cannot add any more details save those which have already been given in this testimony.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonder what conversation he overheard?
And maybe the Irwins didn't go for their evening meal either, despite being on the reservations list.

Balu/Berry got a takeaway which they ate on the balcony where they later spotted Gerry. Agree that the conversation could be important. There is nothing on the Irwins in the released files.

Asked, he mentions that on Thursday, 3 May 2007, there was nobody from outside of the group seated at the table, nor does he know any person with the name IRWIN. (GM)

By the way, he denied that at any time did any individuals named 'Irwin' form part of the table, refuting equally that he had made the acquaintance of anyone so named. (MO)

On these holidays, she never met nor dined (along with the rest of the group) with any family or person having the surname "Irwin". (JT)

On these holidays, she never met nor dined (along with the rest of the group) with any family or person having the surname "Irwin". (RO)

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id261.html

Sperrey is booked for 9pm who Jes Wilkins probably saw.

MICHAEL SPERREY
CLARE SPERREY

------ In the main reception (open 24h) of the Ocean Club, the signatory [undersigned] was able to observe a person with long hair, curly, blonde in colour, with camouflage shorts and green sweat-shirt, which fit the description of the suspect of the "Rastas", it being that I questioned the receptionist about him, who said that this individual and his wife are guests in the hotel and he has been tireless, since yesterday, in search of the missing girl. Attached are photocopies of their passports as well as the hotel registration form. ----------

[The very last paragraph of my translation of pages 121-125 in /PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm states that they are passport copies of the person identified as the man with 'Rasta' hairstyle, camouflage shorts and green sweat-shirt (taken to be the person seen by Jez Wilkins per his witness statement), and his wife. They were resort guests. I have no reference to a formal witness statement from them on file, merely the above identification to eliminate them from the inquiry.]   

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:12:03 AM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #773 on: January 29, 2015, 01:25:40 AM »
REPORT OF EXTERNAL WORK [Investigation Activity]
Date: 2007/05/04 Location: Praia da Luz
Entity that determined the activity: superiorly determined
Funcionario [employee] that executed it: Miguel P*** and Duarte F****, Inspector

-------- JERONIMO TOMAS RODRIGUES SALCEDAS (Phone No "91 768 ####) - bartender:
- He saw the missing Madeleine, for the last time, yesterday at 16.45h next to the restaurant;

--------- JOAQUIM JOSE MOREIRA BATISTA (residing at Rua Ilha Terceira, no. 15, Lagos, Telephone No 91 277 ####) - table employee [waiter].
- Of the group of 8/9 British citizens who dined at the restaurant last night, as usual, of which the parents of missing were part (he didn't know them) he noticed that two individuals left the table, of the male gender.
- The first to leave was about 40/45 years old (tall, skinny, white complexion, with large [a full head of] hair of color gray) and the period of his absence was about 15 minutes, being that they had to [re-]heat his food, which had cooled;
- The second to leave (about 40/45 years of age, having the physical characteristics of the first, but having less bulky hair) did so for about 30 minutes, and that shortly after he returned, all left the table, except for an elderly person, who told him that a child had disappeared, the daughter of a member of the group, due to which he thought that the second person to leave could have been the father of the child;
- Of the times in which this group had dined in that bar it is [was] often [for] someone from the group to go to check at the apartments the state of the children (their offspring) who were sleeping there.
- He did not see any person with blonde "rastas", while he was working (16h00 and 00.00). ----------

Offline misty

« Reply #774 on: January 29, 2015, 01:55:04 AM »
REPORT OF EXTERNAL WORK [Investigation Activity]
Date: 2007/05/04 Location: Praia da Luz
Entity that determined the activity: superiorly determined
Funcionario [employee] that executed it: Miguel P*** and Duarte F****, Inspector

-------- JERONIMO TOMAS RODRIGUES SALCEDAS (Phone No "91 768 ####) - bartender:
- He saw the missing Madeleine, for the last time, yesterday at 16.45h next to the restaurant;

--------- JOAQUIM JOSE MOREIRA BATISTA (residing at Rua Ilha Terceira, no. 15, Lagos, Telephone No 91 277 ####) - table employee [waiter].
- Of the group of 8/9 British citizens who dined at the restaurant last night, as usual, of which the parents of missing were part (he didn't know them) he noticed that two individuals left the table, of the male gender.
- The first to leave was about 40/45 years old (tall, skinny, white complexion, with large [a full head of] hair of color gray) and the period of his absence was about 15 minutes, being that they had to [re-]heat his food, which had cooled;
- The second to leave (about 40/45 years of age, having the physical characteristics of the first, but having less bulky hair) did so for about 30 minutes, and that shortly after he returned, all left the table, except for an elderly person, who told him that a child had disappeared, the daughter of a member of the group, due to which he thought that the second person to leave could have been the father of the child;
- Of the times in which this group had dined in that bar it is [was] often [for] someone from the group to go to check at the apartments the state of the children (their offspring) who were sleeping there.
- He did not see any person with blonde "rastas", while he was working (16h00 and 00.00). ----------

IMO blonde rasta man was not Sperrey. I believe he was somebody staying illicitly in one of the g/f apartments near 5a.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #775 on: January 29, 2015, 10:55:00 AM »
IMO blonde rasta man was not Sperrey. I believe he was somebody staying illicitly in one of the g/f apartments near 5a.

I saw a man that was coming from the road and was headed to the reception. I believe that he was with a woman but I cannot be precise of any detail about her. It was a tall Caucasian man, with blonde hair in 'rasta style' tied with a band instead of free flowing. (JW)

Sounds like the Sperreys to me and this sighting was at around 9 so it matches for time. Their table booking was 9pm.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm

Steve Carpenter said Mike Sperrey was a friend of Gerry's and Carpenter's and Sperrey's statements haven't been released in the public files.

"I went to the MW reception and I met two of Gerry's surfing friends who told me that Madeleine had been abducted on the previous night."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/STEPHEN-CARPENTER.htm

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 11:08:11 AM by pathfinder73 »

Offline misty

« Reply #776 on: January 29, 2015, 12:29:36 PM »
I saw a man that was coming from the road and was headed to the reception. I believe that he was with a woman but I cannot be precise of any detail about her. It was a tall Caucasian man, with blonde hair in 'rasta style' tied with a band instead of free flowing. (JW)

Sounds like the Sperreys to me and this sighting was at around 9 so it matches for time. Their table booking was 9pm.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS-ROGATORY.htm

Steve Carpenter said Mike Sperrey was a friend of Gerry's and Carpenter's and Sperrey's statements haven't been released in the public files.

"I went to the MW reception and I met two of Gerry's surfing friends who told me that Madeleine had been abducted on the previous night."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/STEPHEN-CARPENTER.htm

REPORT OF FOREIGN CARE
 Date: 2007/05/04 Location: Praia da Luz - Lagos;

Entity determining the diligence:
 Employee who performed it: Manuel P., Inspector

Jez Wilkins from 4th May 2007
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS.htm

Following various informal conversations related to the area of research, we were contacted by a British citizen named Jeremy Michael Wilkins, holder of passport no. 205...., owner of mobile phone no. +44788...., living in ....London...He spends his holidays at, "WATERSIDE GARDENS," block G4, about 50 metres from the apartment where the small child was. He told us that yesterday, between 8.30 and 9pm, while he was in the "TAPAS" restaurant, he noted that a person of around 1.70m, with long blond hair, apparently of the "Rasta," style and dressed in green military-style clothes, entered the restaurant. This person did not stay very long. Their behaviour was somewhat strange and they seemed to be rather nervous. He was alone, he did not speak to anyone and left soon afterwards. The informant maintains that he has never seen this person in the village.

Offline jassi

« Reply #777 on: January 29, 2015, 12:33:49 PM »
What was he doing in the Tapas restaurant at that time?  I thought he was pacing the streets with his kid.
Or is this a different day?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #778 on: January 29, 2015, 12:39:48 PM »
What was he doing in the Tapas restaurant at that time?  I thought he was pacing the streets with his kid.

It was Rastaman who was alone. SC saw Sperrey with his wife later on.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #779 on: January 29, 2015, 12:49:44 PM »

I left about 8:15 to 8:30 pm. I was pushing the pram around the complex and went to the toilet near the bar. I could not see inside the restaurant. As I got the baby to sleep, I was on my way back to the apartment. I came out at the top road

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY-WILKINS.htm
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/