Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591498 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #795 on: January 31, 2015, 09:48:25 PM »
Is there any further information as to where this blood sample  (object JRB/1) was collected from?

It's not clear what was the source of JRB/1?

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 1

Qualifications and Experience

I have a degree in Sciences in the areas of Microbiology and Biochemistry. I am a Chartered Biologist [Note: the highest status achievable by a professional biologist], a member of the Institute of Biology, a forensic doctor enrolled in the Order and a forensic scientist in the Birmingham Laboratory of the Forensic Science Service. My area of specialty is the examination of biological evidence including the analysis of spots of body fluid and the interpretation of DNA profile results.

Information

Based on the information furnished by the Leicestershire Constabulary and the Pol - ia Judiciaria, I was informed that, allegedly, on 3 May 2007 Madeleine McCann disappeared from apartment 5A, Ocean Club, na Praia da Luz, Lagos, Portugal.

My examinations, interpretations and conclusions are in line with the statements of information available during the examination. In the case there are alterations relating to that information, I shall have to reconsider the conclusions that I drew in the light of the new circumstances. Additional information will have to be furnished prior to any trial.

Receipt of the objects

Some of the objects that were collected from apartment 5A and from a vehicle, Renault 'Scenic' (matricula 59-DA-27), hired by Gerry e Kate McCann when they were in Portugal. Those objects were delivered to the Forensic Science Service(R) by the Police Science Laboratory.

FSS-GF-679 Emissao 2, Pagina 2

At the same time, reference samples from those Portuguese police officers who had been active in the crime scene were delivered.

The Forensic Science Service(R) received the [above] objects on 7 August 2007, in sealed, secure packages.

On 8 August 2007, the Forensic Science Service(R) received a piece of cloth/cotton wool (object MJN994) from Leicestershire Constabulary. That object was inside a sealed package.

On 12 October 2007, the Forensic Science Service(R) received a blood spot in a cardboard frame (object JRB/1) from Leicestershire Constabulary. That object was inside a sealed package.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOHN_LOWE.htm

Reference sample of blood

JRB/1 Madeleine McCann
From this sample was obtained a DNA reference sample that was different from those of her immediate family, described above. This DNA profile was the same as that obtained from possible spots of saliva existing on the pillowcase (SJM/1).
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

« Reply #796 on: January 31, 2015, 10:48:51 PM »
What point are you trying to make, P/F?
 Saliva found on a pillowcase was found to be a LCN DNA match for a blood sample provided to LP, and was identified as being Madeleine's rather than another member of her family.
Why is this a strange witness statement?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 10:59:22 PM by misty »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #797 on: January 31, 2015, 10:55:04 PM »
 Saliva found on a pillowcase from 5a was found to be a LCN DNA match for a blood sample provided to LP, and was identified as being Madeleine's rather than another member of her family.

It wasn't provided to LP but by LP.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline misty

« Reply #798 on: January 31, 2015, 10:57:42 PM »
It wasn't provided to LP but by LP.

Well it didn't come from Portugal or the report would have said so.

Offline Carana

« Reply #799 on: January 31, 2015, 11:04:47 PM »
The pillowslip ... Dr McCann returned from Portugal to collect something of Madeleine's for DNA tests.

The blood spot ... Madeleine's neonatal heel prick test, maybe??

The blood spot is a reference sample, so it's quite likely to be the heel prick test, I would have thought.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #800 on: January 31, 2015, 11:08:38 PM »
The blood spot is a reference sample, so it's quite likely to be the heel prick test, I would have thought.

So why need the pillowslip?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #801 on: January 31, 2015, 11:09:27 PM »

Speculation. You don't know the source of blood JRB/1 but it matched Madeleine's DNA from her pillowcase SJM/1.

Neither the DNA profile of Amelie McCANN nor Sean McCANN matches that from the pillowcase (SJM/1) and therefore in my opinion, neither Amelie McCANN nor Sean McCANN can be the source of this profile.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #802 on: January 31, 2015, 11:14:49 PM »
Speculation. You don't know the source of blood JRB/1 but it matched Madeleine's DNA from her pillowcase SJM/1.

Neither the DNA profile of Amelie McCANN nor Sean McCANN matches that from the pillowcase (SJM/1) and therefore in my opinion, neither Amelie McCANN nor Sean McCANN can be the source of this profile.

WOW!!  So Madeleine McCann's pillow case might have had her DNA on it ... that is truly profound.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #803 on: January 31, 2015, 11:19:03 PM »
 Saliva found on a pillowcase was found to be a LCN DNA match for a blood sample provided to LP, and was identified as being Madeleine's rather than another member of her family.

Yes saliva was from Madeleine's pillowcase so of course it was her DNA and it matched the blood spot. So I want to know what's the blood spot source JRB/1? There's nothing else on JRB/1 I can find only these objects:

Receipt of the objects

Some of the objects that were collected from apartment 5A and from a vehicle, Renault 'Scenic' (matricula 59-DA-27), hired by Gerry e Kate McCann when they were in Portugal. Those objects were delivered to the Forensic Science Service(R) by the Police Science Laboratory.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:21:30 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline misty

« Reply #804 on: January 31, 2015, 11:22:14 PM »
Yes saliva was from Madeleine's pillowcase so of course it was her DNA and it matched the blood spot. So I want to know what's the blood source JRB/1? There's nothing else on JRB/1 I can find only these objects:

Receipt of the objects

I think Brietta has cleverly provided you with the probable source.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #805 on: January 31, 2015, 11:23:13 PM »
I think Brietta has cleverly provided you with the probable source.

She doesn't know the source of JRB/1 so it's speculation. The DNA report should make it clear. Absolute shambles!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #806 on: January 31, 2015, 11:28:21 PM »
Yes saliva was from Madeleine's pillowcase so of course it was her DNA and it matched the blood spot. So I want to know what's the blood spot source JRB/1? There's nothing else on JRB/1 I can find only these objects:

Receipt of the objects

Carana and I have made a suggestion which in the lack of any information in the files is as good as any; could be a hospital or a home visit sample since it was sealed.

All it really did was confirm that the DNA on the pillowslip was Madeleine's, so I think it was from an identifiable source.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #807 on: January 31, 2015, 11:31:50 PM »
Carana and I have made a suggestion which in the lack of any information in the files is as good as any; could be a hospital or a home visit sample since it was sealed.

All it really did was confirm that the DNA on the pillowslip was Madeleine's, so I think it was from an identifiable source.

You could be correct but the report should make it clear what the source is.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #808 on: January 31, 2015, 11:32:49 PM »
She doesn't know the source of JRB/1 so it's speculation. The DNA report should make it clear. Absolute shambles!

How do you know it was not made clear? ... we have not seen all the documentation in this case ... and what we have access to is not as reliable as some folk believe it to be.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #809 on: January 31, 2015, 11:40:59 PM »
You could be correct but the report should make it clear what the source is.

I can't remember how much blood is taken from infants for testing, but I think it may be quite a lot as there are various tests to be carried out, and they do howl during the process.

Whether or not any is kept, I have no idea, but I think the cardboard mentioned might have been part of a slide storage and title system.

I don't really think there is anything strange about it, we just do not know the explanation.