Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591481 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #810 on: January 31, 2015, 11:42:49 PM »
It appears that the saliva and blood sample were sent from Leics to the Lab for use as a comparison to any samples found in 5a, car etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have a degree in Sciences in the areas of Microbiology and Biochemistry. I am a Chartered Biologist, a member of the Institute of Biology, a forensic doctor enrolled in the Order and a forensic scientist in the Birmingham Laboratory of the Forensic Science Service. My area of speciality is the examination of biological evidence including the analysis of spots of body fluid and the interpretation of DNA profile results.

Information

Based on the information furnished by the Leicestershire Constabulary and the Policia Judiciaria, I was informed that, allegedly, on 3 May 2007 Madeleine McCann disappeared from apartment 5A, Ocean Club, na Praia da Luz, Lagos, Portugal.

My examinations, interpretations and conclusions are in line with the statements of information available during the examination. In the event there are alterations relating to that information, I shall have to reconsider the conclusions that I drew in the light of the new circumstances. Additional information will have to be furnished prior to any trial.

Receipt of the objects

Some of the objects that were collected from apartment 5A and from a vehicle, Renault 'Scenic' (registration 59-DA-27), hired by Gerry and Kate McCann when they were in Portugal. Those objects were delivered to the Forensic Science Service(R) by the Police Science Laboratory.

At the same time, reference samples from those Portuguese police officers who had been active in the crime scene were delivered.

The Forensic Science Service(R) received the objects on 7 August 2007, in sealed, secure packages.

On 8 August 2007, the Forensic Science Service(R) received a piece of cloth/cotton wool (object MJN994) from Leicestershire Constabulary. That object was inside a sealed package.

On 12 October 2007, the Forensic Science Service(R) received a blood spot in a cardboard frame (object JRB/1) from Leicestershire Constabulary. That object was inside a sealed package.

Objective

Th objective of the laboratory examination was to examine the presented objects with respect to the presence of blood, cellular material and hair that may prove to have been from Madeleine McCann or one or other member of her family, or from any of the Portuguese police who had been active at the crime scene.

Technical questions

Establishment of the DNA profile

In this case two types of DNA analysis were used: the standard technique called SGM+ and a more precise one called Low Copy Number (LCN).

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id268.html
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:46:42 PM by Anna »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline jassi

« Reply #811 on: February 01, 2015, 08:50:29 AM »
The point, as I see it is that the saliva and the blood match each other, not not the rest of the family.

JRB/1 Madeleine McCann
From this sample was obtained a DNA reference sample that was different from those of her immediate family, described above. This DNA profile was the same as that obtained from possible spots of saliva existing on the pillowcase (SJM/1).

A neonatal blood spot sounds a likely source for the blood - I believe they are kept for a number of years.
As it matched saliva on the pillow, then it can't be a wrongly filed blood sample.

If not Madeleine's, who's is the DNA ?

If it is  Madeleine's DNA, why does it not match the rest of her immediate family?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:59:54 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anna

« Reply #812 on: February 01, 2015, 01:51:39 PM »
The point, as I see it is that the saliva and the blood match each other, not not the rest of the family.

JRB/1 Madeleine McCann
From this sample was obtained a DNA reference sample that was different from those of her immediate family, described above. This DNA profile was the same as that obtained from possible spots of saliva existing on the pillowcase (SJM/1).

A neonatal blood spot sounds a likely source for the blood - I believe they are kept for a number of years.
As it matched saliva on the pillow, then it can't be a wrongly filed blood sample.

If not Madeleine's, who's is the DNA ?

If it is  Madeleine's DNA, why does it not match the rest of her immediate family?

What makes you think that a persons DNA is the same as the rest of their family?

DNA should be unique to one person.(except for very rare cases)

I believe that what is being said, is that the samples, could not have been from anyone else in the family, since there was a  100% match, blood/swab, from Madeleine, but not a 100% match, with samples/tests from the rest of the family.

DNA can prove that you are related to another, but the DNA would not be the same as the other. It would only contain some matching components.
― Plato

Offline jassi

« Reply #813 on: February 01, 2015, 02:08:03 PM »
,A person's DNA is different from all others, so why specify that it was just different from the rest of the family?

Very ambiguous wording for a scientific report
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anna

« Reply #814 on: February 01, 2015, 02:19:33 PM »
,A person's DNA is different from all others, so why specify that it was just different from the rest of the family?

I agree, jassi.
the wording is difficult for some to understand, especially, those who are unfamiliar with their processing, techniques, but that's how they speak, unfortunately.
― Plato

Offline misty

« Reply #815 on: February 01, 2015, 03:04:03 PM »

They were testing the samples against DNA belonging to the 4 other family members in the Rothley household. Madeleine's blood sample matched the saliva sample on the pillowcase. It did not match the DNA of the other 4.
Therefore, the FSS had Madeleine's actual DNA profile against which to compare all other forensic DNA evidence.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #816 on: February 01, 2015, 05:23:21 PM »
They were testing the samples against DNA belonging to the 4 other family members in the Rothley household. Madeleine's blood sample matched the saliva sample on the pillowcase. It did not match the DNA of the other 4.
Therefore, the FSS had Madeleine's actual DNA profile against which to compare all other forensic DNA evidence.

Which they had in the blood sample?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #817 on: February 03, 2015, 06:43:38 PM »
This witness statement from the couple, S.G. and K.G., is taken by the English police on May 16th, thirteen days after Madeleine's disappearance. That information, very important for the progress of the investigation, was never sent to the Portuguese police. When the Portuguese investigators learn about similar events that allegedly took place during a holiday in Greece - without, however, obtaining reliable witness statements -, they tell the English police, who, even at this point, refrain from revealing what they know on the subject.

It will only be after my removal from the investigation, in October 2007, that this statement will finally be sent to the Portuguese police. Why did the British keep it secret for more than six months?

It is all the more surprising that David Payne, who had planned the trip to Majorca - of whom it was known that his behaviour towards the children was, to say the least, questionable -, is the same person who organised the holiday in Portugal, that he is one of those closest to Madeleine and that he is the first friend of the family to have been seen with Kate McCann just after the disappearance (we will talk further about this). He was still present in Vila da Luz when the English police received that witness statement: why wasn't he interviewed immediately? Without doubt, the Portuguese police could have made progress with the investigation thanks to that lead: such behaviour would merit close attention. Were we looking in the right direction? Might we have established a link with the events of May 3rd? (TOTL)
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #818 on: February 03, 2015, 07:04:53 PM »
Such a pity Rebelo didn't stay in England for David Payne's Rogatory Interview.

And how come Amaral thought that Majorca was in Greece.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #819 on: February 05, 2015, 09:56:25 AM »
AM 4 May 2007

On my insistence, Gerry and Dave went out again to look for some sign of Madeleine. They went up and down the beach in the dark, running, shouting, desperate to find something; please God, to find Madeleine herself. It was only much later that Gerry told me he’d already started remembering cases of other missing children and acknowledging the horrific possibility that Madeleine might not be found. (Madeleine)

On the contrary she may have been under the rocks. Did you check there Gerry? I know where I would take the dogs.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #820 on: February 05, 2015, 10:54:29 AM »
AM 4 May 2007

On my insistence, Gerry and Dave went out again to look for some sign of Madeleine. They went up and down the beach in the dark, running, shouting, desperate to find something; please God, to find Madeleine herself. It was only much later that Gerry told me he’d already started remembering cases of other missing children and acknowledging the horrific possibility that Madeleine might not be found. (Madeleine)

On the contrary she may have been under the rocks. Did you check there Gerry? I know where I would take the dogs.

The dogs investigated, according to the files ... the dogs found nothing, according to the files ... rather suggests there was nothing in the nature of what they were trained to find to be found.

I wonder at the way you mock the horrors experienced by the parents of a missing child.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #821 on: February 05, 2015, 11:00:32 AM »

The dogs investigated, according to the files ... the dogs found nothing, according to the files ... rather suggests there was nothing in the nature of what they were trained to find to be found.

I wonder at the way you mock the horrors experienced by the parents of a missing child.

They went to Rocha Negra because of the photograph. I'm interested in one rocky area and that means under every rock not a quick run over.

"And such a search didn’t necessarily mean turning up a body; it could reveal vital clues. By now we were more than familiar with cases where evidence had been missed the first time round and discovered on further searches  (in one instance the UK police had told us about, a wallet sitting in a bush)." (Madeleine)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:07:10 AM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #822 on: February 14, 2015, 09:02:46 PM »

This was not a Strange Witness Statement.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 09:38:10 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Anna

« Reply #823 on: February 14, 2015, 09:24:50 PM »
Strange Witness Statements? Pathfinder.
― Plato

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #824 on: February 14, 2015, 09:28:51 PM »
If you read this thread I started you will find that all strange activity and articles about the case are included. There is no other thread to share these articles so they go in this thread that I created.