Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591624 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #825 on: February 14, 2015, 09:50:07 PM »
If you read this thread I started you will find that all strange activity and articles about the case are included. There is no other thread to share these articles so they go in this thread that I created.

I know it was created by you PF, but we are wandering away from the files to speculative writings are we not?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 09:58:39 PM by Anna »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Benice

« Reply #826 on: February 14, 2015, 10:04:06 PM »
I know it was created by you PF, but we are wondering away from the files to speculative writings are we not?

Indeed - and speculative writings by someone who is just another person with an opinion.   No different to the rest of us.    Anyone wishing to voice their opinion on this forum should join and post in the normal way IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Online Eleanor

« Reply #827 on: February 14, 2015, 11:30:37 PM »

Strange Witness Statements, if you please.  Anything else will be deleted.

Offline misty

« Reply #828 on: February 15, 2015, 11:38:48 PM »
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CAROL_TRANMER.htm

*snip*

CT'We drove from there until Luz where my aunt lived, humm...I don't remember but I believe that we also went shopping for her before our lunch and we had coffee when we arrived, humm... It should have been 11 or around noon when we arrived, humm... after we went to pick her up. We met up, drank a coffee on the terrace and after went out to lunch in Lagos, which is humm... in the old part of the city. There is a restaurant there whose specialty is fish and she really wanted to go there. We returned around 3:30, sat on the terrace, had a coffee and stayed in the apartment until around 6:30 and left around 6:30 that same day.

DC1485'This was on Sunday, right'

CT'No, this was on Thursday.

DC1485'This on Thursday, I understand.

CT'This all happened on Thursday.

DC1485'Yes.

CT'We left around 6:30. It was already dusk because at that time of the year, it gets dark quickly in Portugal. We drove to our hotel and arrived at 8:30, eight or 8:30.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunset was 8.23pm on 3rd May, dusk at 8.56pm.
I wonder roughly what time the Tranmers really did leave Mrs Fenn's apartment & whether they saw any of the Tapas group on their way to dinner that night?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:52:24 PM by misty »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #829 on: February 16, 2015, 02:29:43 PM »
CT'We drove from there until Luz where my aunt lived, humm...I don't remember but I believe that we also went shopping for her before our lunch and we had coffee when we arrived, humm... It should have been 11 or around noon when we arrived, humm... after we went to pick her up. We met up, drank a coffee on the terrace and after went out to lunch in Lagos, which is humm... in the old part of the city. There is a restaurant there whose specialty is fish and she really wanted to go there. We returned around 3:30, sat on the terrace, had a coffee and stayed in the apartment until around 6:30 and left around 6:30 that same day.

DC1485'This was on Sunday, right'

CT'No, this was on Thursday.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CAROL_TRANMER.htm

*snip*
DC1485'This on Thursday, I understand.

CT'This all happened on Thursday.

DC1485'Yes.

CT'We left around 6:30. It was already dusk because at that time of the year, it gets dark quickly in Portugal. We drove to our hotel and arrived at 8:30, eight or 8:30.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunset was 8.23pm on 3rd May, dusk at 8.56pm.
I wonder roughly what time the Tranmers really did leave Mrs Fenn's apartment & whether they saw any of the Tapas group on their way to dinner that night?

There doesn't appear to have been a coordinated effort to either gather or collate the evidence of the various people who were out and about in the vicinity of apartment 5A among whom were some who helped in the search for Madeleine.

There really should be records of who was where and when; who else they may have seen in the vicinity when they were on the street prior to and after Madeleine was reported missing.

Perhaps some may have confided in Mrs Murat who very helpfully set up her own stall to gather such information. 

In itself a remarkably odd situation to be tolerated by a force rightly jealously guarding such protocols to itself as far as later private investigation firms were concerned.
I wonder if anyone did give information at her stall and if so, what happened to it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #830 on: February 16, 2015, 04:58:29 PM »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #831 on: February 17, 2015, 01:43:39 PM »
There doesn't appear to have been a coordinated effort to either gather or collate the evidence of the various people who were out and about in the vicinity of apartment 5A among whom were some who helped in the search for Madeleine.

There really should be records of who was where and when; who else they may have seen in the vicinity when they were on the street prior to and after Madeleine was reported missing.

Perhaps some may have confided in Mrs Murat who very helpfully set up her own stall to gather such information. 

In itself a remarkably odd situation to be tolerated by a force rightly jealously guarding such protocols to itself as far as later private investigation firms were concerned.
I wonder if anyone did give information at her stall and if so, what happened to it.

According to Jenny Murat, she gave the collected information to Rob. Who then passed it on to the PJ.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Carana

« Reply #832 on: February 17, 2015, 02:20:00 PM »

According to Jenny Murat, she gave the collected information to Rob. Who then passed it on to the PJ.

Until there is any evidence to the contrary, my assumption is that they were both just trying to help find a missing child.

I would have done the same in the circumstances.

It was obvious that there was a language issue.

Contrary to mythology, all Portuguese in the Algarve are NOT fluent in English, let alone able to understand different accents, which can become even stronger in a panic situation and therefore would be gibberish to someone with just an understanding of basic phrases in an unfamiliar language.

The GNR didn't understand English (and few in the PJ seem to have done); tourists were about to go back home; casual workers - possibly without valid work permits - may have noticed something, but were unwilling to make statements... or even local druggies may have noticed something.

No one in some kind of irrelevant illegal situation would want to come forward... even if it just concerned an administrative issue of a temporary work permit that had expired, let alone anything else.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #833 on: February 17, 2015, 10:20:20 PM »
Until there is any evidence to the contrary, my assumption is that they were both just trying to help find a missing child.

I would have done the same in the circumstances.

It was obvious that there was a language issue.

Contrary to mythology, all Portuguese in the Algarve are NOT fluent in English, let alone able to understand different accents, which can become even stronger in a panic situation and therefore would be gibberish to someone with just an understanding of basic phrases in an unfamiliar language.

The GNR didn't understand English (and few in the PJ seem to have done); tourists were about to go back home; casual workers - possibly without valid work permits - may have noticed something, but were unwilling to make statements... or even local druggies may have noticed something.

No one in some kind of irrelevant illegal situation would want to come forward... even if it just concerned an administrative issue of a temporary work permit that had expired, let alone anything else.

Which is why I think the PJ were quite happy for her to set up her stall and get on with it; however I still wonder how many if any people left statements with her, if these were passed to the PJ and if so did anyone bother to collate them with a view to following them up?

I doubt we will ever know the answers since they do not appear in the PJ files:  but we do know there are files which were not released and Mrs Murat's files may be found among those, which of course, the current PJ and SY investigation will have access to.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

« Reply #834 on: February 17, 2015, 10:49:12 PM »
I doubt we will ever know the answers since they do not appear in the PJ files:

They do not appear in the files we read!, which are not complete.

Who knows what was omitted, or why ...

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #835 on: February 17, 2015, 11:11:38 PM »
Ooer! I see the aberrant eraser has been perambulating again. I made an on topic reply to a post on 'ere (as in this thread) and it is gorn.
No sweat like; I probably was irreverent and made a comment about "Tannerman The Abductor" being greased/creamed/fragged [delete as applicable] it seems to work more often than not. 8(0(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #836 on: February 18, 2015, 01:05:01 AM »
Interview with Mr & Mrs Amaral 2010

The questions/anwers (not verbatim but from my notes):

Q: Have you considered the possibility that Madeleine died on the previous night or even when mrs. Fenn heard the crying?
A: Naturally - the investigation begins with establishing if the person who disappeared, does actually exist and then, who was the last person to see her - the investigation shows clearly that she was last seen around 17.30.

Q: Have you any doubt as to the validity of Madeleine attending the creche on 3/5?
A: No doubt whatsoever.

Q. Do you think the case will definitely be opened soon?
A: We would like it to be reopened, in fact I wrote my book to prevent the shelving of the case, but it did not work out that way, the book actually came out one week after the case was shelved. The counterforces were very strong.
In the political climate of today, there is a movement leaning towards the reopening of the case.

Q: What is the most efficient way for us to help you?
A: To let it be known there is a certain pressure, from the pubic opinion.
Q: So it is useful, then, to write to the Prosecutor?
A: Yes, and also to the Justice Minister and Members of Parliament.

Q: Did the content of the 14 text messages have any relevance to the case?
A: No. But what IS relevant is that they deleted calls from their mobile phones.

Q: If the McCanns had been honest about Madeleine having died in an accidental manner, what would have been the juridical consequences in Portugal?
A: Almost none. A mild punishment for neglect. That is provided the body did not show signs of violence. In England, as in Germany, punishment for neglect of children is more severe.

Q: Do you think the McCanns knew that?
A: They have made a decision very fast. It is well possible they did not know about the law in Portugal, but not that they did not know the law in England.

Q: Are you hoping the McCanns will sue you?
A: Yes! (here he gave a Portugese metaphor about a bullfight, something about having to first entice the bull into the middle of the ring before the fight can start).

Q: Is it true, as was reported in De Telegraaf, that an injection needle was found in the apartment?
A: No, that is not true. In fact we have found no medication at all. None at all. Except for 'likdoornpleisters' = litt.: corn plasters (for your feet - sorry can't find a better translation).

Q: Do you think the children were sedated?
A: There is no doubt.
(Here he told an anecdote: that Kate called in august with (a colleague of mr. Amaral in the) PJ to ask them to check the twins for traces of sedation. Apparently Kate was alone when she called, and a bit upset. That same afternoon, Gerry called and cancelled the request.)

Q: What do you think is the meaning of the blood behind the sofa?
A: Possibly from an attempt at reanimation.

Q: At what time do you think the death has occured, given the fact that cadaver odor needs time to develop?
A: Cadaver odor begins to develop at the moment of death, due to chemical reactions in the body, it is not a matter of hours before it develops, to the nose of a dog which is very sensitive it can be detected very soon. More important is that from the inquiry we know that before the third of may nobody died in the apartment, nor in the car.

Q: There was a story in a newspaper that the dogs followed a trace to the beach, is that true?
A: No. Mark Harrison had made a schedule, a plan, for the dogs, where they should search. They have searched all the apartments, the villa, the cars, the church, the sewer pipes near the church, the beach, fields, but the only traces the dogs found were in the apartments and the car of the McCanns, some clothes, and the soft toy.

Q: Do you think the body was refrigerated?
A: Yes. The bodily fluid in the car show that. If the body had been buried there would have been mummification. The fact that there were fluids points to refrigeration.

Q: Where do you think the body was kept?
A: That is what we were trying to understand when I left the investigation. 15 alleles might not have been conclusive in the eyes of the Public Prosecutor, but for the investigation it was sufficient. The body must have been in the boot of the car. We want to know who drove the car, who was behind the weel.

Q: Do you know if Gerry is a FreeMason?
A: Police does not investigate such things. It can be he is, but I don't think it is of significance to the case.

Q: When Justine McGuinness left she did not want to speak to the Portugese press, why not, do you think?
A: In her diary, Kate speaks very badly about Justine.
(mrs. Amaral: There were problems between Kate and Justine)
Q: Do you think Justine knew something was not right?
A: I rather think that money was the problem.

Q: The Daily Express mentions that Madeleine's body could be in the tunnels. What do you think?
A: These tunnels have been investigated, we would have known. Last year an English lady also pointed them out.

As the interview was closing mrs. Amaral picked up the list and said she would like to ask this question - about Control Risk Group (sorry haven't got the exact question at hand now)

Mr. Amaral said Control Risk Group were private detectives, or should he say private soldiers, who were there almost immediately and their aim was to 'solidify' the abduction story.

I had a bit of informal conversation with mrs. Amaral, and I asked her if she thought the body was in the sea?
She said that no, despite everything, she did not believe the McCanns 'would just throw her away' and she believes the body is either burned or buried.

Finally, she asked if I had seen the fragment of the Oprah show where Kate does the 'pfffffffffffff' thing.
She had seen it this morning, and said it was too silly, if the curtains were open how could they 'pffffffffffff'?
Also: on that night there was no wind.

There was a translator present, a very nice lady who translated Dutch-Portugese and vice versa.

The interview was supposed to last 30 minutes but all in all it was over one and a half hour.
During which mr. Amaral drank one beer (Heineken) and mrs. Amaral joked that he could, now that the reporters and camera's were all gone. She also referred to the 'Long Boozy Lunch' article, and said it occurred when it was her birthday, and she came to town to have lunch with her husband an a few collegues, and the papers wrote Amaral was meeting his mistress, she was quite amused about that.

Mrs. Amaral mentioned (informally) to me that the McCanns, on their visit to Canada, had visited mrs. Hubbard (the priests wife) there. She also said that mrs. H. seems very much involved with Kate, so much so that apparently she had taken on the role of best friend.

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/Goncalo-Amaral/3A-Kazlux-Meeting-with-GOncalo-AMaral-Sofia-Leal-1-912167.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:24:51 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #837 on: February 18, 2015, 03:18:07 PM »
3 August 2011

SM: Hello, I’m just calling to ask a few questions about Operation Grange.

Police: What’s the name of that operation again?

SM: Operation Grange.

Police: Ok, what was that?

SM: It’s the Madeleine McCann disappearance.

Police: Oh, alright ok, fine, yeah, we don’t usually use operation names here, what do you need to know?

SM: There doesn’t seem to be anything in the public domain so when did the operation start and what’s the scope of the operation? I just wondered if you can give me some background on Operation Grange.

Police: We haven’t very much talked to the media about the case at all. What we’ve said is we’re providing expertise to the investigators of the case. The Portuguese Authorities, the Portuguese Police retain lead. We’ve not made any suggestion that they’re not capable of investigating but we are assisting them and we have not given any details on it. It’s unusual for us to do that as it’s abroad and another police force is taking the lead on it.

SM: Is there any reason why the Met took over from Leicestershire Constabulary?

Police: I’m not sure we said anything about it at the time – for various reasons. We can’t be seen to criticize any other force. On the 12th of May the Home Office requested that the Metropolitan Police service bring their expertise to the case and on that evening we said that we would.

SM: And is this a full time operation and what size team is working on it?

Police: As I said we wouldn’t provide a running commentary but at the very beginning we said there were 30 officers who would be deployed, er, not continually but various tasks along with workload they have on other cases, er, but we have deployed 30 officers.

SM: In a normal case in Britain it’s not unusual for the police to give an ongoing commentary as to how it’s progressing so what…

Police: …I’ve only worked here 11 years but I would say it’s not common. We give information whilst it’s appropriate to produce but whilst there’s an investigation going on and where it’s potentially murder, we say very little, we say very little. You read a lot in the press but that doesn’t come from us. We deal with about 250 murders a year and all of them are dealt with in exactly the same way in terms of how we deal with the media.

http://fakedabduction.com/2011/08/operation-grange-madeleine-mccann-a-potential-murder-enquiry/

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #838 on: February 18, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »
Andrew Graystone talks to Janet Kennedy 2008

AG: Now Janet, you must’ve been closely involved with them, at that stage, although you were in England at the time. Was there a point where Kate and Gerry decided that they needed to be proactive with the media – to positively engage with the media?

JK: I — I’m not really sure myself about that, you know — at the time — It’s not something I’ve discussed with them.  My own feeling of the first few days was, you know, just try to get in touch with the Foreign Office, you know, to try and get some kind of help in terms of it being a foreign country.

I mean I know that the morning after it happened I — Kate, you know, had phoned me because — this sounds terribly trivial — but they were due home the next day and she’d booked an online shop. I won’t give the name of the — of the company — of the supermarket — and, you know, she sort of wanted something to be done about it. So I just went up to the house, you know, and erm — to sort that out. And, you know, I just wasn’t prepared for the media interest at the house itself.

Not functioning   &%+((£

AG: So this story as it were — the media story — began to roll without any initiative, at first, from Kate and Gerry and their friends in Portugal. Is that – is that how you recall it?

JK: That’s how I recall it. I mean we had a phone call from Gerry in the early hours of the morning after, you know, the whole thing was discovered – and I would have said that they would have been just too distraught to have had any thought at all about, you know, ‘how we’re going to approach the media?’ — It would’ve been the last thing in their minds…

Media the last thing on their minds  &%+((£

She was aware that from the first moment either Gerry or the others insisted in affirming that
Madeleine had been abducted always using the word "abducted" instead of disappeared, and all
showed great interest that the press were informed of the situation.
--- The deponent recalls further that she entered the bedroom where Madeleine had been
sleeping. Remembering it now that the door was closed.
The interior of the room was dark. The external blinds were down, light entering [the room] only
through the holes in them. The windows were shut and the curtains were slightly open. Gerry
accompanied her on this visit, also with GNR officers and he said that it had been him who had closed
the window because the babies were still sleeping there, which the deponent noticed to be true.
Gerry stated that when he he was told about Madeleine's disappearance he had found there the
window and the blinds open, and the curtains fluttering [as in the wind].
The deponent recalls that there were beds in the middle of the room and
that those being used by the babies were aligned [with each other] and therefore she thought it
strange that someone had taken Madeleine from the bed where she had been sleeping as far as to
the window because from that layout [of the beds] there had been no space to get past. The
deponent opened the wardrobes in the bedroom in order to check if possibly Madeleine wasn't
hidden in there. Then everyone left the bedroom someone having returned to close the door. The
deponent then spent some time in the room [lounge], with the GNR officers, Gerry and other
members of the group there who were in a large whirl, who came in, left and spoke on the mobile
phone. She noticed that none of the group, including the child's parents, were occupied with the
search. The mother was seated on the bed in the couple's bedroom, the father accompanied her
and the police officers and the other members of the group entered, left and spoke on the phone,
appearing to her to be preoccupied with informing the press about what had happened.
--- She thought that the child's mother was dejected [downcast; depressed; discouraged], the
father was preoccupied [worried] and also asked whether the media had been advised or the
search dogs had been arranged [organised]. Of the others she only recalls that Fiona and her
husband, Payne, were hysterical with the situation. At a given point, soon after the PJ officers
arrived, the parents took the twins from their beds where they were sleeping, taking them up to the
apartment on the first floor. At Kate's request the deponent took from the babies' cots the dolls and
a blanket also up to the first floor. The cots stayed with only the mattresses [in them].
--- The deponent wanted also to state that around 03h00 Madeleine's parents asked [about] the
presence of a priest in the area. They didn't explain their reason for wanting a priest but the
deponent found it strange since there was no indication that the child was dead and it is usual only
in those circumstances that one would ask for a priest.
--- At a certain point the deponent translated a statement from one of the ladies of the English
group, the lady she indicated as being dark-skinned. This lady said to the police officers, and the
deponent translated, that she had seen a man walking [passing] in the street, possibly with a child
in his arms. The deponent thought this strange because she was convinced that when she had
seen the man the lady was positioned in an area that had no line of sight to the area where she
would have seen the man. She doesn't know exactly where the lady was positioned when she saw
the man pass, but she knows that she indicated having seen him passing in the road that was in
front of the bedroom window where Madeleine had been, walking in the direction of the road of the
road that then goes to the Baptista supermarket.
--- Questioned as to the clothing the members of the English group had worn that night she states
that she only recalls that Fiona wore a green blouse, that Gerry wore a dark shirt and that Fiona's
husband wore plain trousers, cream, she thinks.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm

Offline Brietta

« Reply #839 on: February 18, 2015, 05:27:40 PM »
Andrew Graystone talks to Janet Kennedy 2008

AG: Now Janet, you must’ve been closely involved with them, at that stage, although you were in England at the time. Was there a point where Kate and Gerry decided that they needed to be proactive with the media – to positively engage with the media?

JK: I — I’m not really sure myself about that, you know — at the time — It’s not something I’ve discussed with them.  My own feeling of the first few days was, you know, just try to get in touch with the Foreign Office, you know, to try and get some kind of help in terms of it being a foreign country.

I mean I know that the morning after it happened I — Kate, you know, had phoned me because — this sounds terribly trivial — but they were due home the next day and she’d booked an online shop. I won’t give the name of the — of the company — of the supermarket — and, you know, she sort of wanted something to be done about it. So I just went up to the house, you know, and erm — to sort that out. And, you know, I just wasn’t prepared for the media interest at the house itself.

Not functioning   &%+((£

AG: So this story as it were — the media story — began to roll without any initiative, at first, from Kate and Gerry and their friends in Portugal. Is that – is that how you recall it?

JK: That’s how I recall it. I mean we had a phone call from Gerry in the early hours of the morning after, you know, the whole thing was discovered – and I would have said that they would have been just too distraught to have had any thought at all about, you know, ‘how we’re going to approach the media?’ — It would’ve been the last thing in their minds…

Media the last thing on their minds  &%+((£

She was aware that from the first moment either Gerry or the others insisted in affirming that
Madeleine had been abducted always using the word "abducted" instead of disappeared, and all
showed great interest that the press were informed of the situation.
--- The deponent recalls further that she entered the bedroom where Madeleine had been
sleeping. Remembering it now that the door was closed.
The interior of the room was dark. The external blinds were down, light entering [the room] only
through the holes in them. The windows were shut and the curtains were slightly open. Gerry
accompanied her on this visit, also with GNR officers and he said that it had been him who had closed
the window because the babies were still sleeping there, which the deponent noticed to be true.
Gerry stated that when he he was told about Madeleine's disappearance he had found there the
window and the blinds open, and the curtains fluttering [as in the wind].
The deponent recalls that there were beds in the middle of the room and
that those being used by the babies were aligned [with each other] and therefore she thought it
strange that someone had taken Madeleine from the bed where she had been sleeping as far as to
the window because from that layout [of the beds] there had been no space to get past. The
deponent opened the wardrobes in the bedroom in order to check if possibly Madeleine wasn't
hidden in there. Then everyone left the bedroom someone having returned to close the door. The
deponent then spent some time in the room [lounge], with the GNR officers, Gerry and other
members of the group there who were in a large whirl, who came in, left and spoke on the mobile
phone. She noticed that none of the group, including the child's parents, were occupied with the
search. The mother was seated on the bed in the couple's bedroom, the father accompanied her
and the police officers and the other members of the group entered, left and spoke on the phone,
appearing to her to be preoccupied with informing the press about what had happened.
--- She thought that the child's mother was dejected [downcast; depressed; discouraged], the
father was preoccupied [worried] and also asked whether the media had been advised or the
search dogs had been arranged [organised]. Of the others she only recalls that Fiona and her
husband, Payne, were hysterical with the situation. At a given point, soon after the PJ officers
arrived, the parents took the twins from their beds where they were sleeping, taking them up to the
apartment on the first floor. At Kate's request the deponent took from the babies' cots the dolls and
a blanket also up to the first floor. The cots stayed with only the mattresses [in them].
--- The deponent wanted also to state that around 03h00 Madeleine's parents asked [about] the
presence of a priest in the area. They didn't explain their reason for wanting a priest but the
deponent found it strange since there was no indication that the child was dead and it is usual only
in those circumstances that one would ask for a priest.
--- At a certain point the deponent translated a statement from one of the ladies of the English
group, the lady she indicated as being dark-skinned. This lady said to the police officers, and the
deponent translated, that she had seen a man walking [passing] in the street, possibly with a child
in his arms. The deponent thought this strange because she was convinced that when she had
seen the man the lady was positioned in an area that had no line of sight to the area where she
would have seen the man. She doesn't know exactly where the lady was positioned when she saw
the man pass, but she knows that she indicated having seen him passing in the road that was in
front of the bedroom window where Madeleine had been, walking in the direction of the road of the
road that then goes to the Baptista supermarket.
--- Questioned as to the clothing the members of the English group had worn that night she states
that she only recalls that Fiona wore a green blouse, that Gerry wore a dark shirt and that Fiona's
husband wore plain trousers, cream, she thinks.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm

Very tedious and lazy posting technique which imo lends nothing to the debate on the forum.

We can all read what is already in the public domain ... so what is the point in lifting something (sometimes dubious content to say the least) and posting it without remark.

If we all did it it the forum would become the most boring on the net.