Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591624 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1110 on: April 23, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »
Any abductor worth his salt would surely avoid being seen in broad daylight loitering and gazing longingly at the apartment he was going to target?

In fantasy Luz land he does. He just stares at it where anyone can see him and provide efits to the police to catch him  8(0(* You can observe a place from a long distance away believe it or not.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1111 on: April 23, 2015, 01:37:48 PM »
In fantasy Luz land he does. He just stares at it where anyone can see him and provide efits to the police to catch him  8(0(* You can observe a place from a long distance away believe it or not.

Unless his eyesight was as bad as mine.  @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #1112 on: April 23, 2015, 01:49:59 PM »
Any abductor worth his salt would surely avoid being seen in broad daylight loitering and gazing longingly at the apartment he was going to target?

Precisely.

An abductor by their very nature would not want to be identified or observed committing a crime.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1113 on: April 23, 2015, 02:57:00 PM »

Who is saying it was the abductor who was watching 5a?    It could have been someone passing the info on.

In the UK the police ask the public if they have noticed anyone hanging around before a crime was committed,  these people usually come forward without the police having to contact them.   Though sometimes it is the witnesses who describe anyone they see is helpful in finding these people.

In the Claudia Lawrence case for example,   witnesses have come forward to say who they saw leading up to the disappearance of Claudia.

The way you mock and ridicule what these witnesses have seen really shows you haven't a clue about how the police operate.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1114 on: April 23, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »
Precisely.

An abductor by their very nature would not want to be identified or observed committing a crime.

Who is saying it was the abductor watching 5a?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1115 on: April 23, 2015, 03:08:19 PM »
If Gerry claims he was talking to Jez for a short time at 9.10 why did it take Jez another 15 minutes to get back. Where did he go with his pram for 15 minutes when his apartment was only 50 metres away. His estimate time of 8:45 to 9:15 is not very accurate. That was another reconstruction that was required.

"Jes returned to our apartment just before 9.30pm." (Bridget O'Donnell)

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann

Sent : 16th April 2008
To : Prior Stuart
Subject : Re : Re-enactment questions

Thanks Stuart,
As discussed with your colleagues last week I still feel reluctant to agree to this for a number of reasons including family and work commitments, the likelyhood of media intrusion and a lack of information about anything tangible or constructive that is likely to be achived by doing this.
I am happy to discuss further if necessary.
Jes

Sent : 30th April 2008 12.09 pm
To : Prior Stuart
Subject : Witnesses' Questions

Thanks for this and for your message.
I'm not sure what they mean by witnesses' being compelled to attend as my understanding is that I am under no obligation ?
My position remains the same really. As you mentioned in your message last night if everyone else is on board and I am the only outstanding person saying no I would be more likely to reconsider.
Feel free to call me if you wish to discuss it further.
Best
Jes

Dear Stuart.

Apologies for the late reply.

We gather now that at least Jez Wilkins, Matt and Rach and Dave/Fi are not going/able to make the re-enactment. Given the prosecutor's requirement for all to be in attendance or none at all, and the absolute nature of the planned date, the decision appears to be academic ...

I hope you are well.

Best wishes,

Russell & Jane

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RE_ENACTMENT.htm
Ask Faithlilly to define "just before 9.30", that might be the answer you're looking for.  @)(++(*

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1116 on: April 23, 2015, 07:09:47 PM »

Who is saying it was the abductor who was watching 5a?    It could have been someone passing the info on.

In the UK the police ask the public if they have noticed anyone hanging around before a crime was committed,  these people usually come forward without the police having to contact them.   Though sometimes it is the witnesses who describe anyone they see is helpful in finding these people.

In the Claudia Lawrence case for example,   witnesses have come forward to say who they saw leading up to the disappearance of Claudia.

The way you mock and ridicule what these witnesses have seen really shows you haven't a clue about how the police operate.

Just sheer prejudice, Lace.

Witnesses reported seeing people in the vicinity of the McCann apartment whose behaviour caught their attention; when Madeleine disappeared, they reported what they had seen to the police as was their duty, and gave descriptions of the persons seen ~ job done.

Procedure then would have been to trace and eliminate these people from the inquiry ... as you say, that is how it works.

That DCI Redwood was putting out appeals to trace the men seen by witnesses proves that the initial investigation neither bothered to look for them, nor did they trace them ... and that is an inexcusable disgrace.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #1117 on: April 23, 2015, 07:22:56 PM »
Just sheer prejudice, Lace.

Witnesses reported seeing people in the vicinity of the McCann apartment whose behaviour caught their attention; when Madeleine disappeared, they reported what they had seen to the police as was their duty, and gave descriptions of the persons seen ~ job done.

Procedure then would have been to trace and eliminate these people from the inquiry ... as you say, that is how it works.

That DCI Redwood was putting out appeals to trace the men seen by witnesses proves that the initial investigation neither bothered to look for them, nor did they trace them ... and that is an inexcusable disgrace.

The sheer prejudice on view, is the attack on the Portuguese police.

However, that is nothing new.

Can you tell me exactly how having people hanging around streets is potential evidence of abduction.

and how can you confirm the reliability of these 'witnesses' seeing anything of importance other than seeing people in a street ?

Now what a revelation is that ? ?>)()<
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:26:34 PM by stephen25000 »

Vulcair Anasak

« Reply #1118 on: April 23, 2015, 07:32:45 PM »
"Scotland Yard officers travelled to Portugal in 2014 to interview four suspects and carried out searches of the area around the apartment using ground-penetrating radar. One of the men who was interview has since been eliminated from the inquiry, but the other three men remain arguidos."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11078595/Madeleine-McCann-are-we-any-closer-to-knowing-the-truth.html

Well after them three SY will argue that they have found other suspects as well, that is what they have been doing for the past 8 years.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1119 on: April 23, 2015, 11:02:45 PM »
Mmmm. Like Marie Celesteville man.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1120 on: April 23, 2015, 11:03:51 PM »
The sheer prejudice on view, is the attack on the Portuguese police.

However, that is nothing new.

Can you tell me exactly how having people hanging around streets is potential evidence of abduction.

and how can you confirm the reliability of these 'witnesses' seeing anything of importance other than seeing people in a street ?

Now what a revelation is that ? ?>)()<

So the sceptical view is that the police should ignore eye witnesses and should just ignore the reports they give ... quite intriguing. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1121 on: April 23, 2015, 11:13:10 PM »
So the sceptical view is that the police should ignore eye witnesses and should just ignore the reports they give ... quite intriguing.

Eye witness to what ? People hanging around ?

Isn't it possible the man seen looking into the garden of 5a was simply being nosey and passing the time until his ride to work turned up ? And perhaps the guy in the stairwell was having a sneaky ciggie somewhere where his wife wouldn't see him ?

Whadda ya think Brietta ? Plausible ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1122 on: April 23, 2015, 11:16:57 PM »
Eye witness to what ? People hanging around ?

Isn't it possible the man seen looking into the garden of 5a was simply being nosey and passing the time until his ride to work turned up ? And perhaps the guy in the stairwell was having a sneaky ciggie somewhere where his wife wouldn't see him ?

Whadda ya think Brietta ? Plausible ?

of course it's possible...but these people should be traced and excluded...you seem to belong to the lazy amaral school of detection.......

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1123 on: April 23, 2015, 11:32:01 PM »
of course it's possible...but these people should be traced and excluded...you seem to belong to the lazy amaral school of detection.......

didnt the McCanns refuse to let Emna Loach's mockumentary, which included descriptions of several of the sightings, be shown in Portugal ?

I see that the OFM webmaster is now directing Facebookers who see anything detrimental to the McCanns on the Internet  to report it to OG as it' spreads rumours and misinformation' and apparently stops Madeleine beings found. Does the silly woman really think that having to sift through a ton of emails from post menopausal is really a good use of OG's resources ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1124 on: April 23, 2015, 11:34:19 PM »
didnt the McCanns refuse to let Emna Loach's mockumentary, which included descriptions of several of the sightings, be shown in Portugal ?

I see that the OFM webmaster is now directing Facebookers who see anything detrimental to the McCanns on the Internet  to report it to OG as it' spreads rumours and misinformation' and apparently stops Madeleine beings found. Does the silly woman really think that having to sift through a ton of emails from post menopausal is really a good use of OG's resources ?

I don't believe they did...but if you have evidence of such please present...