Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591603 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1170 on: April 26, 2015, 09:26:27 AM »
Kate McCann, I would assume, has the same files as everyone else. Some statements taken by Leicester police are not in the files. Some people were spoken to but didn't make official statements. Some information was withheld for reasons of privacy. The files are numbered by page. Some pages are missing and there is a very good analysis of what they would contain here;

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MISSING_PAGES.htm

you assume wrong...kate has the files from the pj which she has had translated herself....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1171 on: April 26, 2015, 09:46:15 AM »
you assume wrong...kate has the files from the pj which she has had translated herself....

The translation may differ, but the files are numbered. The missing pages are documented. What, therefore can she have that no-one else has?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1172 on: April 26, 2015, 10:07:36 AM »
The translation may differ, but the files are numbered. The missing pages are documented. What, therefore can she have that no-one else has?

so either kate's lying or the net published files are not complete..I believe kate...the fact that you and others don't is of no importance whatsoever

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1173 on: April 26, 2015, 10:49:33 AM »
so either kate's lying or the net published files are not complete..I believe kate...the fact that you and others don't is of no importance whatsoever

You are entitled to believe anything you wish. Speaking for myself, I haven't accused anyone of lying. I merely pointed out that something stated in Kate McCann's book as being in the PJ Files cannot be verified by reference to those files.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1174 on: April 26, 2015, 11:10:16 AM »
You are entitled to believe anything you wish. Speaking for myself, I haven't accused anyone of lying. I merely pointed out that something stated in Kate McCann's book as being in the PJ Files cannot be verified by reference to those files.

are you making posts simply to fill your empty time or does this post have a purpose...it has  purpose and the purpose is to try and discredit Kate

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1175 on: April 26, 2015, 11:17:47 AM »
are you making posts simply to fill your empty time or does this post have a purpose...it has  purpose and the purpose is to try and discredit Kate

Although not a statement I posted about it because I found it strange, in keeping with the title of the thread.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1176 on: April 26, 2015, 11:26:12 AM »

Wasn't the reception-book illustrated in the German version of the Crimewatch appeal? I'd have to check back, but I do seem to recall that.

Kate was aware of the sexual assaults, but it's not clear to me whether "in the files" meant what was released to them by PT or whether "the files" meant in general - including the info eventually released to them by LP.

Most, if not all, of the pages in the accessible files are numbered by hand, i.e., not automatic database entries. Missing pages have been noted, inter alia, where references have been made to other statements that don't appear on the DVD released to the media.

However, manually sorting and numbering documents to be filed according to the file volume leaves room for human error, I would have thought.

When was this manual page numbering and classification actually done? Was it established from Day 1, or was it a small team trying to wade through and put some kind of order into a massive mess of documents that had accumulated?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1177 on: April 26, 2015, 12:04:53 PM »
When you write a book that is not a work of fiction, it is not unusual to quote sources and references  to support the work.

Oh Dear , are you implying (correctly)  that the very intelle gent Davel has never written a research report, using Harvard referencing?

And does this also mean that the good doctors managed to get through medical school without even as much as using a referencing tool? Oh My, honestly!

Kates work could be viewed as fiction because she claims it is her STORY...and story's are usually fiction?

..AND there is no evidence of abduction, and lack of credible witnesses  who may have seen an abduction take place from the apartments leaves many, in no doubt, it was for money and PR.

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Carana

« Reply #1178 on: April 26, 2015, 12:35:40 PM »
When you write a book that is not a work of fiction, it is not unusual to quote sources and references  to support the work.

That could equally apply to Amaral's book, couldn't it?

« Reply #1179 on: April 26, 2015, 12:57:57 PM »

... but he was quoting from police files and states it was a theory.

an unofficial autobiography is NOT an autobiography now is it?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1180 on: April 26, 2015, 01:35:36 PM »
Wasn't the reception-book illustrated in the German version of the Crimewatch appeal? I'd have to check back, but I do seem to recall that.

Kate was aware of the sexual assaults, but it's not clear to me whether "in the files" meant what was released to them by PT or whether "the files" meant in general - including the info eventually released to them by LP.

Most, if not all, of the pages in the accessible files are numbered by hand, i.e., not automatic database entries. Missing pages have been noted, inter alia, where references have been made to other statements that don't appear on the DVD released to the media.

However, manually sorting and numbering documents to be filed according to the file volume leaves room for human error, I would have thought.

When was this manual page numbering and classification actually done? Was it established from Day 1, or was it a small team trying to wade through and put some kind of order into a massive mess of documents that had accumulated?

What sexual assaults? She refers to 'the files released by the Portuguese police' no mention of Leicester police. How they were numbered and collated has no relevance because what is there is there and what is not there is not there.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1181 on: April 26, 2015, 02:04:13 PM »
... but he was quoting from police files and states it was a theory.

an unofficial autobiography is NOT an autobiography now is it?

amaral has not stated his was a theory...he has stated his theory is fact

Offline jassi

« Reply #1182 on: April 26, 2015, 02:22:16 PM »

Of course.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #1183 on: April 26, 2015, 02:34:23 PM »
What sexual assaults? She refers to 'the files released by the Portuguese police' no mention of Leicester police. How they were numbered and collated has no relevance because what is there is there and what is not there is not there.

I'm confused. What is "what"? And where is "there"?

« Reply #1184 on: April 26, 2015, 03:00:20 PM »
amaral has not stated his was a theory...he has stated his theory is fact

Davel, on many occasions he states he 'believes'...and 'taken from police files' and his knowledge of the case and he adds his own piece to it...to suggest what may have happened.

Stop playing with words. You know fine well the dfference. Kate was telling a story, selling a book for money. it was promoted by the 'Sun News corp (sex sells everything).  We were told about how Kate and Gerrys sex life was hampered by ther daughters disappearance....ew TMI.. and totally embarrassing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:48:06 PM by Eleanor »