Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591597 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1335 on: June 05, 2015, 12:22:35 PM »
"..ran out into the car park of our holiday apartment, flying from end to end, yelling desperately"
Source: KM book

BTW this was very soon after the rush of 8 people from restaurant to the gate.
I've posted it because I think this is not strange at all.
It is completely understandable behavior 
It is probably what I would have done in the same event if my child was missing.
I don't know how many people were in the apartment.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1336 on: June 05, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »
..Probably light (torch or lighter) signals might have been used to signal the all clear, etc...
In the early photos you will see no person with a lighter.
Have you found any one with a torch?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:36:54 PM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1337 on: June 05, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »
Are you saying that getting names, contact details and areas searched from a group of holidaymakers and local expats was an 'elementary protocol'? When should all these searchers have been rounded up and questioned then? Should they have been formally interviewed or just informally questioned?

Sigh ... we have had this conversation before ...  groundhog day is so terribly boring for me, obviously you find it something else

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6338.msg242620#msg242620
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1338 on: June 05, 2015, 12:47:37 PM »
Sigh ... we have had this conversation before ...  groundhog day is so terribly boring for me, obviously you find it something else

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6338.msg242620#msg242620

You could try answering my question, it's not difficult. When should the PJ have carried out the 'elementary protocol' of collecting names, contact details and areas searched from those who searched before the police arrived?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1339 on: June 05, 2015, 01:00:09 PM »
The watcher must have seen Jeremy Wilkins approaching just before Gerry came out, then he saw Gerry emerging and stopping to speak with Jeremy. Nevertheless he gave a signal to go ahead? I wonder why he didn't wait until the coast was clear?
Because he was simple or old, doddery and not in the know? Well!, to use a torch or fag lighter to signal instead of a laser pointer?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1340 on: June 05, 2015, 01:09:05 PM »
Because he was simple or old, doddery and not in the know? Well!, to use a torch or fag lighter to signal instead of a laser pointer?

You just can't get the lookouts/getaway drivers these days. I don't know what the world's coming to.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1341 on: June 05, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »
You could try answering my question, it's not difficult. When should the PJ have carried out the 'elementary protocol' of collecting names, contact details and areas searched from those who searched before the police arrived?

You have this 'thing' about firing off questions showing your ignorance of ~ in this case ~ standard procedure ... just for the sake of pointless point scoring.  So boring and predictable.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1342 on: June 05, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »
You have this 'thing' about firing off questions showing your ignorance of ~ in this case ~ standard procedure ... just for the sake of pointless point scoring.  So boring and predictable.

I don't fire off statements as fact which I can't support when questioned though. When should the PL have taken names,contact details and areas searched from the holidaymakers and locals who searched before the police got there? Should be easy to answer with your knowledge of standard procedure.  8**8:/:
Result = happy posting.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1343 on: June 05, 2015, 03:05:17 PM »
"..ran out into the car park ...flying from end to end, yelling desperately"
How many people inside apartment at this minute?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1344 on: June 05, 2015, 06:55:44 PM »
I don't fire off statements as fact which I can't support when questioned though. When should the PL have taken names,contact details and areas searched from the holidaymakers and locals who searched before the police got there? Should be easy to answer with your knowledge of standard procedure.  8**8:/:

I find it difficult not to put many of your posts down to you being deliberately obtuse. 

One is allowed to carry information from thread to thread, even from general information posted on the internet and just a cursory following of current affairs. 

There are many reasons why police control volunteer searchers as a matter of course and there is no doubt that these protocols are put in place not only in high profile cases such as April Jones and Mikaeel Kular but in every search in which volunteer participation occurs.

Just common sense really ...

The attached images show volunteers signing in ... and there are many images of volunteers receiving instructions ... if you prefer the Amaral way of doing things ... I think few others would agree, certainly not professionals.

http://www.demotix.com/news/3693116/hundreds-join-massive-search-missing-edinburgh-boy#media-3693024
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9587023/Volunteers-turned-away-from-hunt-for-April-Jones.html

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1345 on: June 05, 2015, 08:34:03 PM »

You raise a good point about the areas searched but unfortunately we will never really know.  The fact that in the early days the British police were asking for civilians who may have assisted in the searches for Madeleine on the night of her disappearance suggests no record of either participants or areas searched was collated.

I think this was inefficient use of resources and an under evaluation of the assistance given.

BRITISH HOLIDAY MAKERS ASKED BY POLICE TO HELP FURTHER WITH HUNT FOR MADELEINE MCCANN

Anne Harrison, Detective Chief Superintendent from the NPIA said

“We also want anyone who took part in the initial search for Madeleine that took place before the Portuguese police arrived at the scene of her abduction but who have not yet come forward to contact us on 0800 096 1233.”
https://madeleinemccannthetruth.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/press_release-ceop.pdf

You said that the PJ failed to carry out the  'elementary protocol' above. I still would like to know at what point in time they should have got names, contact details and areas searched from the above mentioned people?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1346 on: June 05, 2015, 08:40:42 PM »
You said that the PJ failed to carry out the  'elementary protocol' above. I still would like to know at what point in time they should have got names, contact details and areas searched from the above mentioned people?

If you are incapable of working that out for yourself perhaps you are not being deliberately obtuse after all.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1347 on: June 05, 2015, 08:53:57 PM »

Topic.  Please.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1348 on: June 06, 2015, 12:04:02 AM »

On 8th May during the morning four teams returned to search all the areas around Vila, following some indications from local people who had frequently gone to the GNR Command post saying they had seen something suspicious related to the disappearance but no sign of her presence was ever found.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GNR_SNIFFER.htm

Wonder who the locals were and what the information was they were so anxious to pass on the the police?

Offline sadie

« Reply #1349 on: June 06, 2015, 12:09:22 AM »
The watcher must have seen Jeremy Wilkins approaching just before Gerry came out, then he saw Gerry emerging and stopping to speak with Jeremy. Nevertheless he gave a signal to go ahead? I wonder why he didn't wait until the coast was clear?
Sorry Gunit, but you are wrong..

The balcony was set back making the view of people leaving the Tapas difficult.  It was necessary to lean out to just see the tapas reception and the west side of the street..

But the corner of the building was jutting out a good way [1 metre?], This made it impossible for a watcher on that balcony to lean out far enough to see Jez coming up on the eastern side of the road .... or emerging from the little parking area opposite the Tapas Reception

Gerry had come down the steps and started in the direction of the Tapas reception and I believe the watcher then gave the signal to go ahead.  He couldn't see Jez at all.