Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591612 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1440 on: June 18, 2015, 07:54:24 PM »
Wasn't  it determined that a friend had loaned Kate the bible and it was her friend who had book marked that particular page?

The marked passage in the bible did indeed note the loss of a child ... that child was not Madeleine ... it was the miscarried child of the friend who had lent the bible.

In the name of sanity how could any professional police force manage to adulterate the information contained in this statement into an accusation against Kate McCann and find treasured photographs of her missing daughter "suspicious".

**snip
On Friday the 11th of May 2007 we heard rumours that the Portuguese were going to stop the searches. After having passed this information to Kate we met up in the Tapas bar in the resort between 9:30 and 9:45 in the morning. We met for only a half hour to 40 minutes as Kate had to attend a police interview.

During this meeting, I offered Kate a bible. This happened in the sequence of emotions that Kate was obviously feeling and after our having sat down to speak. We did not know each other well as she is predominantly my wifes friend. I am the leader of a South Wigston team run out of the Corporation for Exercise and Salvation, Leicestershire. I have a particular interest in the bible and the form in which it was written. I frequented the course ?Alpha Course? (an introduction to Christianity) a recommended to Kate some of the passages in the bible that she could rand to help comfort. There was a dedication from me to my wife on the first page, as it had previously been a gift from me to her. I have a tendency to mark pages and passages in the bible and even though this was my spouses bible, there were many marked/tagged passages relevant to the both of us. This happened before Madeleines disappearance.

I encouraged Kate to read Psalms X and XX of the Old Testament as I felt these were relevant to her. They are both believers. The Psalms reveal a confidence in God, in his justice and in the question which can be asked ?Why do bad things happen?. Psalms XX is a small oration asking Him to guide and illuminate our path in times of anguish.

The passage which is marked in my wifes bible I believe is Samuel 2:12. This passage is very significant for me and my wife but likely has so significance for Kate. I interpret this passage as saying that even though we cannot be with the two children that we have no lost, we will find them one day.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PE-PA.htm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #1441 on: June 19, 2015, 12:48:55 AM »
Angry sadie ?

I believe you have made many claims  to have visited PDL extensively ?

What are your qualifications/training in your 'examination' of this case ?
Not angry stephen.

Well perhaps a little that someone so ill informed, and lacking in understanding as Pfinder, keeps making claims as to the way things happened.

With invariably her "theories" pointing to The Mccanns as having been involved.

All without a shred of evidence.

And she doesn't even have the decency to acknowledge that it is only in her opinion.   A theory and nothing else.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1442 on: June 19, 2015, 01:01:56 AM »
Not angry stephen.

Well perhaps a little that someone so ill informed, and lacking in understanding as Pfinder, keeps making claims as to the way things happened.

With invariably her "theories" pointing to The Mccanns as having been involved.

All without a shred of evidence.

And she doesn't even have the decency to acknowledge that it is only in her opinion.   A theory and nothing else.

Listen up Myth maker. I back up my theories and they fit. Yours have no substance. If you watch an unlocked apartment you don't have to raise noisy shutters. The village idiot didn't do it and you don't park a getaway car opposite the entrance where they all were. Your theories are laughable. She was hidden under beach rocks most probably and then inside somewhere until her final journey.

"Someone saw Gerry and me carrying a big black bag and acting suspiciously."

I'm still interested in that statement.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:09:35 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1443 on: June 19, 2015, 01:22:33 AM »
Listen up Myth maker. I back up my theories and they fit. Yours have no substance. If you watch an unlocked apartment you don't have to raise noisy shutters. The village idiot didn't do it and you don't park a getaway car opposite the entrance where they all were. Your theories are laughable. She was hidden under beach rocks most probably and then inside somewhere until her final journey.

@pathfinder your beach rock theory is a guess IMO. And to give it any accurate meaning you need to say which beach and which section. Do you mean the big east beach or the little west beach or Burgau beach? Here is what one of the world's top investigators recommends "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts". Also IMO it is impossible for the statement you are so interested in to be exactly as it appears.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1444 on: June 19, 2015, 01:45:14 AM »

Hey, Pfinder

One thing.  I admire that you keep trying, but I dont like that you ignore the facts... and over-ride them or twist them.

Also, I dont like it when you make massive assumptions, then do not state that the assumptions are [only] In Your Opinion.  As Pegasus says, they are sometimes just guesswork

Pegasus, on the other hand, bases his thoughts on facts generally.  I dont agree with everything he says, but then I doubt he agrees with everything I say.

I have a huge catalogue of facts and pointers that no-one here knows anything about, but unhappily I cannot share them because they might be sub judice .... and most are what happened after the abduction.  After PdL.

However I try to make it clear that things are only IMO .... because I cant actually prove anything ... altho I am a damned sight nearer proving what I state than you are. 

Unfortunately, in the main,  I cannot share my findings.  And for that I am sorry.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1445 on: June 19, 2015, 07:46:06 AM »
The marked passage in the bible did indeed note the loss of a child ... that child was not Madeleine ... it was the miscarried child of the friend who had lent the bible.

In the name of sanity how could any professional police force manage to adulterate the information contained in this statement into an accusation against Kate McCann and find treasured photographs of her missing daughter "suspicious".

**snip
On Friday the 11th of May 2007 we heard rumours that the Portuguese were going to stop the searches. After having passed this information to Kate we met up in the Tapas bar in the resort between 9:30 and 9:45 in the morning. We met for only a half hour to 40 minutes as Kate had to attend a police interview.

During this meeting, I offered Kate a bible. This happened in the sequence of emotions that Kate was obviously feeling and after our having sat down to speak. We did not know each other well as she is predominantly my wifes friend. I am the leader of a South Wigston team run out of the Corporation for Exercise and Salvation, Leicestershire. I have a particular interest in the bible and the form in which it was written. I frequented the course ?Alpha Course? (an introduction to Christianity) a recommended to Kate some of the passages in the bible that she could rand to help comfort. There was a dedication from me to my wife on the first page, as it had previously been a gift from me to her. I have a tendency to mark pages and passages in the bible and even though this was my spouses bible, there were many marked/tagged passages relevant to the both of us. This happened before Madeleines disappearance.

I encouraged Kate to read Psalms X and XX of the Old Testament as I felt these were relevant to her. They are both believers. The Psalms reveal a confidence in God, in his justice and in the question which can be asked ?Why do bad things happen?. Psalms XX is a small oration asking Him to guide and illuminate our path in times of anguish.

The passage which is marked in my wifes bible I believe is Samuel 2:12. This passage is very significant for me and my wife but likely has so significance for Kate. I interpret this passage as saying that even though we cannot be with the two children that we have no lost, we will find them one day.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PE-PA.htm

The same professional police force who decided that a dream was a turning point in the investigation?

You couldn't make it up.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1446 on: June 19, 2015, 09:44:13 AM »
@pathfinder your beach rock theory is a guess IMO. And to give it any accurate meaning you need to say which beach and which section. Do you mean the big east beach or the little west beach or Burgau beach? Here is what one of the world's top investigators recommends "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts". Also IMO it is impossible for the statement you are so interested in to be exactly as it appears.

It is logical guesswork. Suspect heading towards church / sea so church side rocks at 10:05. Elementary.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1447 on: June 19, 2015, 11:27:08 AM »
It is logical guesswork. Suspect heading towards church / sea so church side rocks at 10:05. Elementary.

That is much better Pfinder, saying it is logical guesswork rather than fact.

Unfortunately whilst the logic could be right, it is only one of a multitude of options, cos all we KNOW is that Smithman was either going in a southerly or a westerly direction initially
.... but after that there were a number of ways that he could have gone.  Several turnings.

Yours is just one, and IMO one of the most unlikely.
Cos as Shining kindly pointed out, to get to the rocky area by the church, he had to pass several places where there were likely to be people around at that time of night,  including bars the atm cash machine.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1448 on: June 19, 2015, 11:56:51 AM »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1449 on: June 19, 2015, 12:35:17 PM »

Don't we already have a thread on Lord Tim Bell where this was discussed in great detail?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1450 on: June 19, 2015, 12:40:19 PM »
          Don't we already have a thread on Lord Tim Bell where this was discussed in great detail?

It's in my strange witness thread because it's another contradiction.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1451 on: June 19, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »
That is much better Pfinder, saying it is logical guesswork rather than fact.

Unfortunately whilst the logic could be right, it is only one of a multitude of options, cos all we KNOW is that Smithman was either going in a southerly or a westerly direction initially
.... but after that there were a number of ways that he could have gone.  Several turnings.

Yours is just one, and IMO one of the most unlikely.
Cos as Shining kindly pointed out, to get to the rocky area by the church, he had to pass several places where there were likely to be people around at that time of night,  including bars the atm cash machine.

Only the Smiths have come forward to our knowledge of seeing that man so it wasn't that busy at that time of night on a Thursday. Kelly's Bar was not busy from receipt bills taken  on the night. This was not a busy weekend night and more importantly he could reach the rocks within minutes of passing the Smiths.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:48:36 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1452 on: June 19, 2015, 01:13:25 PM »
Only the Smiths have come forward to our knowledge of seeing that man so it wasn't that busy at that time of night on a Thursday. Kelly's Bar was not busy from receipt bills taken  on the night. This was not a busy weekend night and more importantly he could reach the rocks within minutes of passing the Smiths.

If only the Smith family had realised the implication of witnessing a lone man carrying a child on the night a child had vanished at the time and not a fortnight later many things could perhaps have been clarified.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1453 on: June 19, 2015, 01:37:06 PM »
If only the Smith family had realised the implication of witnessing a lone man carrying a child on the night a child had vanished at the time and not a fortnight later many things could perhaps have been clarified.

Nine eye witnesses including children and chief suspect. He's never come forward so he is the starting point. It's no surprise SY searches happened close to that sighting. Amaral was about to properly investigate the sighting and bring the Smiths back but was removed. His officers missed the CCTV camera.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1454 on: June 19, 2015, 01:48:20 PM »
"He did not see her eyes as she was asleep and her eyelids were closed"
Source: One of the irish family statements