Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591572 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1470 on: June 24, 2015, 10:14:18 AM »
Did the Tapas bar hold a quiz night of its own, or was Chaplins the only quiz in town?

Yes quiz that night.

At 21.00 did a kind of quiz with the guests who were having dinner in the restaurant.

She remembers that last Tuesday at the end of the quiz, she was invited to the table of nine guests who asked her to join them for a drink.

She was at their table for about fifteen to twenty minutes and it was there that she met Madeleine's father, who directly invited her to the table, however, she does not know whether Madeleines mother was also there.

When questioned, she said she was at the table from about 21.30 to 21.50.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NAJOUA_CHEKAYA.htm

The photographs of the group of the McCann's friends having been shown to her, the deponent
declares that from those photos seen she has some reservations about David Payne [in that] while
she thinks he was also there, she had not noted his presence.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1471 on: June 24, 2015, 10:19:06 AM »
Must have been a short quiz if she was sitting at the table by 9.30.
Also a bit of a sprint to get to Chaplins for 10.00 start, but I suppose she was a fitness instructor, so maybe no problem.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1472 on: June 24, 2015, 11:58:44 AM »
Yes quiz that night.

At 21.00 did a kind of quiz with the guests who were having dinner in the restaurant.

She remembers that last Tuesday at the end of the quiz, she was invited to the table of nine guests who asked her to join them for a drink.

She was at their table for about fifteen to twenty minutes and it was there that she met Madeleine's father, who directly invited her to the table, however, she does not know whether Madeleines mother was also there.

When questioned, she said she was at the table from about 21.30 to 21.50.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/NAJOUA_CHEKAYA.htm

The photographs of the group of the McCann's friends having been shown to her, the deponent
declares that from those photos seen she has some reservations about David Payne [in that] while
she thinks he was also there, she had not noted his presence.

It's strange if she didn't notice David Payne. Gerry was the 'ringleader' of the group, but David Payne was also noticeable according to Jeremy Wilkins;

Gerry being the central figure. His gregarious character making him appear to be the central figure in the group and almost holding court. However they did notice that David Payne was equally gregarious and almost playing along with, if not up to, Gerry.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JEREMY_BRIGET.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #1473 on: June 24, 2015, 12:46:14 PM »
That same quiz girl I've been told was doing the quiz at Chaplins that same night at 10pm. Maybe a line to investigate.

You've been told? Any confirmation about that one?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1474 on: June 24, 2015, 02:07:37 PM »
You've been told? Any confirmation about that one?

No and I thought she would have mentioned it in her statement if true. Quiz night at Chaplins was TUE 10pm

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 02:12:39 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1475 on: June 24, 2015, 02:34:44 PM »
The table of 9 won the prize (sangria)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 02:51:30 PM by pegasus »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1476 on: June 24, 2015, 04:51:39 PM »
The Scandal at Chaplin's story emerged at exactly the same time as the 'Pamela Fenn heard crying for 75 minutes one night' story.  This was actually around a month before Mrs Fenn's PJ statement was made.

The two stories emerged in a reader comment to a tabloid newspaper story.

Have a think about what a tabloid could do with this story, Scandal at Chaplin's, if it could be confirmed in any way.

It never emerged in the press.  The comment got pulled from the relevant newspaper thread, fairly quickly.

Mrs Fenn denied talking to the press, though I've no doubt they would have checked the crying story with her.

Now think, who would one check with on the Scandal at Chaplin's part?

If this story was true, who has the absolute power to sink the McCanns?

I covered this in Scandal at Chaplins on ShiningInLuz, but it is simply tosh.

Kate phoned from something like 10:15 to 10:25.  Add another 5 or 6 minutes to get to Chaplin's.  Was Kate interested in another quiz or not?

Why are all the quiz participants keeping quiet on this?

I believe I know of the person who is the source for this (note I said believe).  From what I have heard, this is malicious gossip, designed to smear the McCanns.
What's up, old man?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1477 on: June 24, 2015, 05:25:40 PM »
The Scandal at Chaplin's story emerged at exactly the same time as the 'Pamela Fenn heard crying for 75 minutes one night' story.  This was actually around a month before Mrs Fenn's PJ statement was made.

The two stories emerged in a reader comment to a tabloid newspaper story.

Have a think about what a tabloid could do with this story, Scandal at Chaplin's, if it could be confirmed in any way.

It never emerged in the press.  The comment got pulled from the relevant newspaper thread, fairly quickly.

Mrs Fenn denied talking to the press, though I've no doubt they would have checked the crying story with her.

Now think, who would one check with on the Scandal at Chaplin's part?

If this story was true, who has the absolute power to sink the McCanns?

I covered this in Scandal at Chaplins on ShiningInLuz, but it is simply tosh.

Kate phoned from something like 10:15 to 10:25.  Add another 5 or 6 minutes to get to Chaplin's.  Was Kate interested in another quiz or not?

Why are all the quiz participants keeping quiet on this?

I believe I know of the person who is the source for this (note I said believe).  From what I have heard, this is malicious gossip, designed to smear the McCanns.

It is a very old rumour from a poster on either the Mirror or 3As. Whether it was malicious in intent or just gossip-mongering, there doesn't seem to be anything to substantiate it.

Offline misty

« Reply #1478 on: June 24, 2015, 05:50:59 PM »

It is a very old rumour from a poster on either the Mirror or 3As. Whether it was malicious in intent or just gossip-mongering, there doesn't seem to be anything to substantiate it.

http://truthformadeleine.com/2008/07/theauthor-dumfounded-by-chaplins/

DUMFOUNDED BY CHAPLINS (OR POSSIBLY VICE-VERSA)Dumbfound and Chaplins First Appear
It seems that the very first public domain reference to Chaplins was posted by dumbfound at 11.49 am, Tuesday, 24 July 2007 on the Daily Express “HAVE YOUR SAY” User Comment Thread. Certainly, that was when the author first saw it mentioned. As the will see, it is not only Chaplins that dumfound introduced, it is children crying, Mrs Fenn, precise times, and a date.
Dumbfound’s Post
Dumbfound was not an MF poster – at least, not under that particular nic. Dumbfound alleged as follows:
LIARS! LIARS! LIARS!
The McCanns dined out every night of their holiday while their poor children slept alone. They are lucky that this happened on the night they chose to dine in the tapas bar and not Tuesday for example when they dined in Chaplins, below their beloved church, near the beach, 8 times the distance away. They never once checked on their children as they claim, ask the staff! Talk to elderly Mrs. Senn [sic] who lives above and she’ll tell you on that particular Tuesday night she had to sit listening to one of the children “screeming [sic], crying” from 22:30 till 23:45. They went to dinner around 19:00h. Those poor, poor children. Yes, they should be prosecuted. How DARE they preach to other parents and try to teach us safety measures to ensure our children are safe from predators? How DARE they take the positions of heroes? How DARE they commit this crime upon poor Madeleine? Yes, they did it.
Thinking that this comment was not for long on this earth, the author took the precaution of saving it,  typos and all. For what it is worth, the original link was: http://www.express.co.uk/comments/viewall/14347/7
Apparently, the author was prescient, for a while, only this remained:
**COMMENT REMOVED**
24.07.07, 11:49am
**Comment removed**
• Posted by: dumbfound
And when the Express pulled all McCann related pages, only this:
SORRY, UNABLE TO FIND THAT PAGE
Anyway, to continue the story, a little later that day, the MF poster, cfb, quoted dumbfound on the MF main thread. It was at point that discussion on Chaplins commenced.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1479 on: June 24, 2015, 08:44:07 PM »
The Chaplins part is incorrect. The crying part is true but the night is wrong. PF heard the crying on Wed night IMO.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1480 on: June 24, 2015, 08:58:36 PM »
We have ONE internet poster who swears she was in Chaplins and saw the Mccanns and friends and ONE hairdresser who repeated some gossip. Surely by now more would have come forward?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1481 on: June 24, 2015, 09:53:13 PM »
The Chaplins part is incorrect. The crying part is true but the night is wrong. PF heard the crying on Wed night IMO.

You have no evidence for crying on WED. Rachel was next door. It was TUE as PF said.

"I was next door in the apartment but I mean I didnt hear any, well you know, I didnt hear anything. You could hear quite a lot through the apartments. Grace would wake up sort of six o'clock most mornings and we'd always have to put her in the, in the shower or in the bath first thing, and Gerry and Kate would always hear that and so you know, most of the comments first thing in the morning would be like, oh so Grace was up early again, she'd be invariably screaming her head off, so'. (RO)

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1482 on: June 24, 2015, 11:08:21 PM »
Wednesday is the solution that fits what mother and child said pathfinder.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1483 on: June 25, 2015, 12:13:51 AM »

PF was the witness who heard crying. Do you think he thought of the possibility that his mate made them cry to mention it in his second statement?

On Wednesday night, 2 May 2007, as well as he and his wife, he thinks that David Payne also went to his apartment to confirm that his children were well, not having reported to him any abnormal situation with the children. (GM 10 May)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:28:44 AM by pathfinder73 »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1484 on: June 25, 2015, 12:28:20 AM »

Not by commenters that say there is no proof it was anyone in 5a crying and what about Mrs Fenns statement? She didn't hear anything on the Wednesday did she? Nor Rachel, nor all the "checkers" every half hour

Mind you no evidence at all for any crying except Mrs Fenns for the Tuesday...why dispute this
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:31:45 AM by mercury »