Author Topic: Strange Witness Statements  (Read 591564 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Strange Witness Statements
« Reply #1500 on: June 25, 2015, 04:19:04 PM »
As even Chile did its equivalent of a 'documentary' on the case, there must have been even more interest in GA's book in Brazil... but apparently the copyright wasn't licenced for publication there by G & P.

Was it cheaper to have them shipped out?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1501 on: June 25, 2015, 04:24:23 PM »

Which waiter is supposed to have been speaking on this documentary excerpt? Or was it a Tapas Bar tender repeating gossip?

The waiter works there so he is a first-hand witness.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1502 on: June 25, 2015, 04:28:03 PM »
The video is of a hair salon, it does not serve horsd'ouevres and does not do haircuts for horses, the relevance is crying.
BTW you can spot a good detective by the shortness of his/her hair (a consequence of daily undercover visits to hair salons to gather vital clues from hairdressers).

8)-))) as one does(a consequence of daily undercover visits to hair salons to gather vital clues from hairdressers).

Crying ??  Oscars ??  Horses for courses ... from the same stable.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #1503 on: June 25, 2015, 04:59:49 PM »
    8)-))) as one does(a consequence of daily undercover visits to hair salons to gather vital clues from hairdressers).

Crying ??  Oscars ??  Horses for courses ... from the same stable.

and the infamous Diana pose ?

PR yet again. @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline misty

« Reply #1504 on: June 25, 2015, 05:10:43 PM »
The Kutting Room, Praia da Luz.
Familiar to some of the people SY have spoke to as witnesses.
Former place of employment of one person whose partner the PJ were rather interested in.
Just the right place to start some local myths.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1505 on: June 25, 2015, 05:59:50 PM »
The Kutting Room, Praia da Luz.
Familiar to some of the people SY have spoke to as witnesses.
Former place of employment of one person whose partner the PJ were rather interested in.
Just the right place to start some local myths.

Or even myths which have become viral thanks to the internet.  As always, the first question should always be ... cui bono?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1506 on: June 25, 2015, 11:02:42 PM »
Same shirt Eddie barked at?

« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:46:00 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1507 on: June 25, 2015, 11:19:57 PM »
Topic:- "Strange witness Statements" ....... with links please.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1508 on: June 26, 2015, 10:29:11 AM »
Can anyone tell me why Gerry McCann said this on 10th May?

On Wednesday night, 2 May 2007, as well as he and his wife, he thinks that DP also went to his apartment to confirm that his children were well, not having reported to him any abnormal situation with the children. On this day he and KATE had already left the rear door closed, but not locked, to allow entrance by their colleagues to check on the children.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

Not one other person confirmed that DP checked the McCann children, in fact everyone agreed that the Paynes never checked their own children physically because they had the monitor. Also, not one of the others checked the McCann children until Matt did so at 9.30pm on 3rd May, as far as I know.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1509 on: June 26, 2015, 10:51:32 AM »

On Wednesday night, 2 May 2007, as well as he and his wife, he thinks that DP also went to his apartment to confirm that his children were well, not having reported to him any abnormal situation with the children. On this day he and KATE had already left the rear door closed, but not locked, to allow entrance by their colleagues to check on the children.

Not one other person confirmed that DP checked the McCann children, in fact everyone agreed that the Paynes never checked their own children physically because they had the monitor. Also, not one of the others checked the McCann children until Matt did so at 9.30pm on 3rd May, as far as I know.

as it's a double translation ...how accurate do you expect it to be

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1510 on: June 26, 2015, 10:57:36 AM »
as it's a double translation ...how accurate do you expect it to be

Is that the best you can do? Let's assume it was accurate, like when Grime said no evidential value can be placed on dog alerts alone - now explain it.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1511 on: June 26, 2015, 11:49:08 AM »

Gerry says 'he thinks DP also went to his apartment' on the 2nd.     IOW he wasn't sure about it - at the time he was being interviewed. 

Anyone who is expecting 9 different people -  to have 100% accurate/identical  recall  - not only about every little thing they said/did -  but also what 8 other people said/did during the previous days is being extremely unrealistic IMO.

For example - if I remember correctly, Russell originally thought that Jayne had left the table at the same time as Gerry on the 3rd and not 5 or 10 mins later.    Obviously once she had reminded him that she was still sitting at the table when they began wondering where Gerry had got to - he would have realised he'd got that wrong.

Maybe a similar thing happened when Gerry was trying to remember back to 'who did what' on the 2nd May.

As they couldn't see into the future -  none of them had any reason to make a point of carefully committing to memory - everything they did/said  throughout the week.   They were on holiday not military manouvres - when a report may well have been required at the end of the exercise.

I don't see how an analysis of what was said is possible without a verbatim record of the interview.   A shortened summarised version, where we don't get to see the questions or a full version of the answers -  is just too inadequate for that purpose IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1512 on: June 26, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »
Gerry says 'he thinks DP also went to his apartment' on the 2nd.     IOW he wasn't sure about it - at the time he was being interviewed. 

Anyone who is expecting 9 different people -  to have 100% accurate/identical  recall  - not only about every little thing they said/did -  but also what 8 other people said/did during the previous days is being extremely unrealistic IMO.

For example - if I remember correctly, Russell originally thought that Jayne had left the table at the same time as Gerry on the 3rd and not 5 or 10 mins later.    Obviously once she had reminded him that she was still sitting at the table when they began wondering where Gerry had got to - he would have realised he'd got that wrong.

Maybe a similar thing happened when Gerry was trying to remember back to 'who did what' on the 2nd May.

As they couldn't see into the future -  none of them had any reason to make a point of carefully committing to memory - everything they did/said  throughout the week.   They were on holiday not military manouvres - when a report may well have been required at the end of the exercise.

I don't see how an analysis of what was said is possible without a verbatim record of the interview.   A shortened summarised version, where we don't get to see the questions or a full version of the answers -  is just too inadequate for that purpose IMO.

I could accept it if he'd mentioned any of the others in the group. But why the only one who didn't check any children whatsoever on any evening throughout the week? Sorry, it doesn't make sense. He also tried to infer that the other's checked and that's why the door was left unlocked. No-one else checked until 3rd May. Don't forget, I'm assuming that the statements are correct because some statements are accepted as correct by some and others are questioned. That's not logical. either all incorrect or all correct.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1513 on: June 26, 2015, 12:31:47 PM »
I could accept it if he'd mentioned any of the others in the group. But why the only one who didn't check any children whatsoever on any evening throughout the week? Sorry, it doesn't make sense. He also tried to infer that the other's checked and that's why the door was left unlocked. No-one else checked until 3rd May. Don't forget, I'm assuming that the statements are correct because some statements are accepted as correct by some and others are questioned. That's not logical. either all incorrect or all correct.

Then I think it must be assumed that all the translations are suspect ... unlike Eddie no translator, however professional, is going to get the nuances 200% correct.

Have you ever read two different translations of the same book?  I have ... and it can be similar to reading two different books.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1514 on: June 26, 2015, 12:45:46 PM »
KATE slept in the children's bedroom, in the bed next to the window, because he was snoring. (GM 10 May)

I decided to go and sleep with the children. This was highly unusual; unprecedented, even: the only occasions when we ever slept apart were when our jobs and on-call duties dictated it. I wasn’t the type to flounce off to the spare room and never would have done so at home. (Madeleine)

And feverishly washing stains the following morning instead of watching you daughter sailing or going to the beach with the others. Have you gave a full account of the truth? How did you feel about your husband on the day your daughter disappeared to take the 'unprecedented' step of sleeping in the spare bed? And left in the apartment again on your own with the kids whilst the rest were watching your husband and other guys playing tennis. Maybe you didn't want to take the kids out to watch him.

I went over to see err Gerry at the err you know tennis courts, just to see you know what was happening, and err decided that we'd, you know I'd come, come back to play tennis and err Gerry had asked me just to pop in and check everything was alright err with Kate. (DP)  &%+((£